Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers are still up...

red76red76 Member UncommonPosts: 2

I still had the installation from 2011, and it would not let me continue without update as those updates had expired. I found a copy of version GodsandHeroes_11.16.ed (3.8gig) which I installed and it updated no problem, and I was able to log into the game. Maybe it's running on a old server somewhere in the basements broom closet

The servers are up, and all the npc's are alive. I been running around a few maps and have not ran into other players, and then I was like oooo oohh... nope it's a npc. For some reason the controlls feel different now, it could be me but they seemed smoother before.

All those places in the game feel like that episode of red dwarf where they were the last living beings (except Arnold Judas Rimmer) on a theme park planet and everyone else was a animatronic robot.

Am I  the only one online?!?!  

They should introduce a plague that slowly changes all the npc's into zombies...Walking Dead: Rome

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    lol i was wondering whatever happened to this game . I never see any info on this game in ages.
  • SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    You have entered the equivalent of the Twilight Zone  mmo version. 

All Will Be Well.....

• red76red76 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Have not seen any updates on the games status since 2011, so it's safe to say it is pretty much zombieware.

So ya, it's still there online if you are wanting to feel nostalgic for a minute or two.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

I think someone in Heatwave feels bad for the people who paid for a Lifetime Sub and got taken.

Think the server has been up in some form or another for a while now.

Too bad the forums, FB and Twitter are all dead.

I think the biggest mistake they made with this game was thinking it was going to be a flagship title. They put a lot of time and effort into it and tried to price it that way but who is going to pay 50 dollars for a box for a game that looked dated by 2005 standrards?

I wish they would have been more modest with what they expected this game to be and grown it organically. People would have been way more patient if the game was 10 for the box and 10 monthly or something like that. It ended up being that way anyways when the game crashed and burned.

What could have been....

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Sorry to necro this but I decided to see if anyone was playing this game. Seems all the last info stopped in 2011..last news was a maintenance shut-down with no eta. I did notice some places still selling the game for $9.99 . On a lark , I downloaded the client...registered an account which then sent me a trail key. Subscription options were 1-12months but they all had a price of $0. You still needed a credit card entry tho. I have a card I use only for games so i proceeded. Created a character on "Mars" server but received an error every time I tried to name (and rename and rename because it said it could be invalid or taken name error) and then enter the server. I was able to create a character on the "Bacchus" server and thats where I left off....in the starting area. Guess they are just letting this game trod on and ghost legs. Think I'll play it for a while anyway, could be fun for a bit.
  • SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by SoulStain
    Sorry to necro this but I decided to see if anyone was playing this game. Seems all the last info stopped in 2011..last news was a maintenance shut-down with no eta. I did notice some places still selling the game for $9.99 . On a lark , I downloaded the client...registered an account which then sent me a trail key. Subscription options were 1-12months but they all had a price of $0. You still needed a credit card entry tho. I have a card I use only for games so i proceeded. Created a character on "Mars" server but received an error every time I tried to name (and rename and rename because it said it could be invalid or taken name error) and then enter the server. I was able to create a character on the "Bacchus" server and thats where I left off....in the starting area. Guess they are just letting this game trod on and ghost legs. Think I'll play it for a while anyway, could be fun for a bit.

So I've been playing this game a few days..and I seem to be the only one on the US server Bacchus and the UK server Apollo. Its actually not bad.

Customization is ok..you can have some different looking characters but there really should've be more options. The colors you choose at creations for your tunic and sandals...the basic clothing...so far (at level 12) ..stay with you (and your minions) . You can change gear constantly but the appearance really doesn't change all that much except weapons. Maybe that changes later.

Graphics are only mildly dated..in other words good not great. Animations are clunky sometimes and some don't sync all the time. Some animations though are pretty good and combat is fun imo. The minions rarely act crazy. There are several bugs still as no one seems to have updated it since 2011 but less than you'd expect given that fact.. Mostly terrain issues..you get stuck real easy on rocks for example...or stopping while going up a hill as if the hill is blocking you and it is sometimes difficult to get back on shore after a surface swim. ( your minions follow you by walking on water...lol) No underwater here which is odd because some Neptune related missions should be underwater i'd think. Quests are fun imo. Its a shame it never got converted into a full F2P/Preferably Vanity shop  mode and refined a bit more because I enjoy it for the most part.

The estate is a cool idea. It starts under construction then as you complete certain missions it upgrades. Mine is now at a point where I have a storage guy(bank) and a blacksmith area (which upgrades you minions gear and does repairs on your gear).

Oh well.....just a shame . Really don't know why I decided to download the trial but I'll see if it goes past the 7days...If so I have a single-player game for now. For now all the subs say $0 so I'll see. I'm mostly on bacchus..so jump on and say hello if you get the urge. Just call out in global. plus my character on Bacchus(US) is named Tibius and the one I have in the starter areas on Apollo(UK) is Simonius. I couldn't get on the MArs (us) server at all for some reason..not that anyone was likely on that one.