Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 6 years of WoW I finialy left the game for good.

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

I started WoW on 11/06 when WoW was still in its vanilla run. I remember well my first Night elf toon a female hunter when we still used mana. I got heavy into the story line the endless questing. Being the zones hero. Then taking my leap into BG and finding out that being on the allie side sucked big for pvpers. Loathed the horde just because I saw them as the evil cheaters and called them cowards. Acuased Horde playes of cheating even some did hack thier toons.

Then came the first xpac BC lvl cap went up and found that I did not mind waiting long hrs just to raid kara never did BT just because no one from my relam was attuned to it but hordie players. Go figure. The intro of the BE race and thier counterpart the Draenei and the LFG tool was given to us best feature to date. By the way I could not stand the BE class I hate that stupid laugh. Next xpac WotLK gave us the easy way out no more CC that was the first time I took a look at WoW and shook my head in greif. The whole Raid experience did get better with intro of Naxx and ICC but pvp was still lopsided always leaning tward the hordies. CATA was the worst xpac in my opinion. Sure lvl cap and yet two more classes. I have to admit for the first time playing goblins were fun. Made a goblin rogue and had a blast wining pvp as a hordie but did not last long for I missed being the good guy and went back to the allie side. Also enjoyed the Worgen story line. Finialy WoW last xpac good ol panda's to the rescue. And this is were I took a long look back to realize OMG its the same game over and over again just to a beat of a diffrent drummer. So decide I would give WoW one more chance and yes loved the monk class of course had to make a panda for that matter. But it just fizzled for me. Just all the sudden for no rason just stop playing for days then nothing.

So I said goodbye to WoW for good and I will not be going back.

Hope all that still play find fun and joy with WoW for it you do not then maybe you should think bout leaving also for good before you become bitter and sad.

Comments

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Feels good doesn't it..I left after 5 years.  Felt like leaving a job you really hated lol.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I don't know how you kept your mind interested in that simple game for so long, but more power to you, brother.  I've been searching for a home game for years now.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Something happened between wotlk and cata. Where BC felt like a new gae, wotlk felt like a new game, cata felt like the same old thing but less. Pandas felt better, but still too much of the same. They keep adding dungeons and battle grounds, but the systems either stayed the same or got trimmed. I think they are playing it way too safe. 

Is it possible for a game to be too polished, too streamlined? I keep going back to a quote from a gguy where he said "one guys frustration, is another guys game." 

WoW is still better than anything released in 2012, but I think people need new.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    I tried WOW 10 days trial 2 weeks ago after a 3 years break.  Game took 3 hours to download and install and i played a total of 30 minutes.   That new monk starting area is soooooo boring.    Guess i'll never go back to WOW either.   Most fun i had in WOW was back in Vanilla.   Especially the battlegrounds back then,  2-3 hours AV games, that was a blast.  Weekly title updates.   All that is gone now.
  • Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Been playing since very late 2008, and have quit multiple times always coming back for lack of anything better....MMOs just dont do it for me in general anymore, its not the games themselves but the community that has become quite antiosocial....and even in social guilds i always get this feeling of having to fend for myself no longer being a noob, while i can definately play solo quite easily, its just not as fun as having a true group of partners.  Wanting a true leveling partner/s able to keep up with my pace but never finding one with the same amount of spare time, or ability to keep up. The true meaning of a guild has been lost in the past years.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

What about the people you played with? Didn't you stay longer than you probably should have because of the friends you made online?

Lately I've been reassessing what it is that keeps me playing a game. 

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Odinthedark1
    Been playing since very late 2008, and have quit multiple times always coming back for lack of anything better....MMOs just dont do it for me in general anymore, its not the games themselves but the community that has become quite antiosocial....and even in social guilds i always get this feeling of having to fend for myself no longer being a noob, while i can definately play solo quite easily, its just not as fun as having a true group of partners.  Wanting a true leveling partner/s able to keep up with my pace but never finding one with the same amount of spare time, or ability to keep up. The true meaning of a guild has been lost in the past years.

Agree 100%

Originally posted by NBlitz

What about the people you played with? Didn't you stay longer than you probably should have because of the friends you made online?

Ya made some good RL friends and online they all understand.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Lol..its just a game. You seemed to have joined the group that does nothing but bash the game and those that play it.

Never understood why some have to do this. I wonder if its just they see others having fun in something they just could not so they will bash it and those playing.

So get over your self you quit a game.. key word GAME. You did nothing but now swapped some other GAME for World of Warcraft. Your still in the same boat.. 

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

Welcome to the club. Not to say I won't ever play WoW again, but it would take something major to get me back. Like adding a server that has zero instanced PvP, and instead has all world PvP and territory control.

Yeah, probably not gonna happen.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Man reading this post it felt like I was at a funeral, my condolences. I started just after launch 12/04 and played and finished just after Cata. I enjoyed Wow immensely and played hard.

My first 60 was Shammy right after I rolled a Pally to 60. Most people didn’t get that at the time “how could I roll an Alliance, you trader” funny, I just like to explore the whole game and get my monies worth. I find folks are so damn loyal to their game. I never really role play to that extreme or take titles too seriously, love the lore though. I rolled with all the xpacs and changes that came out and honestly IMO putting aside the nostalgia, vanilla Wow was a massive time sink and most changes along the way were much needed, got to grow right. I also tried everything that interested me along the way, EQ2, AOC and GW to name a few but still played wow mostly. Wow did end up feeling like a hell job for sure and dailies the jokes on us. Here’s the same content that’s done daily for you gaming pleasure and gamers eat it up so every games got to have them, lazy game devs.  Raids, the drama grind don’t miss that, face it the games old and tired. What I miss most is the seamless world and flying mounts, not many decent titles give me that fix. Did I leave for good, Nah.? Best thing about gaming your toons are always waiting if you feel the urge.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Isturi

That's good to hear image

Originally posted by Zeblade

Lol..its just a game. You seemed to have joined the group that does nothing but bash the game and those that play it.

Bash?

"But it just fizzled for me. Just all the sudden for no rason just stop playing for days then nothing."

Is this what's considered bashing nowadays?

Never understood why some have to do this.

Posting a thread such as this? I guess it gives the OP closure. A place to share his feelings. It's "normal" and actually healthy, when not being overly negative. Some people do have a need for this.

()

So get over your self you quit a game.. key word GAME. You did nothing but now swapped some other GAME for World of Warcraft. Your still in the same boat.. 

Come on. It's easy to trivialize pretty much anything when given the chance to. You say it's "just a game." To which I say it's just a medium through which emotional bonds were made and time was invested.

Time + emotional investment = people having feelings over leaving a (...).

Fill in pretty much anything that you can invest time and emotion into.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

I started wow about 2 weeks after BC game out. Before I even touched wow i was a HUGE warcraft lore nerd reading many books and playing all the games. When I finally convinced my parents to pay for the sub as an "allowance" I hoped on and immediately hit a wall. What class should I play? My friend said "try a Fury Warrior its like a Rogue in plate" that sealed the deal for me. 

Played well into BC doing every raid cept sunwell. Even leveled a moonkin which became my main and still is my favorite class ever. When WOTLK came out I put my druid on the back burner and leveled a DK as im a high Lick King fanboy. Raided all the way up to Ulduar then stopped there a leveled my other toons. When I saw how bad the raids were turning in terms of difficulty it was time for me to leave.

About a year into Cata me and my guild came back and played for about a month, did some RF and new heroics but it just wasnt the same as BC and early LK. Came back again for MOP but got a monk to 87 and realized the game is still same old same old........ 

Dont think ill be going back anymore with better games on the horizon.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Same here. The BEST moments of my life so far were on wow playing with all my RL friends, Raiding, pvping, and leveling. Looking back at those moments actually give me goosebumps...

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I havent  been back to WOW since Cata but im confident ill visit it sometime this year

-- if only for 1 or 2 months :)

I do miss PreCata Vanilla zones that are forever gone 

(unless you go to a private server)

I always start new characters whenever i re-visit mmos

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    [mod edit]

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I started WoW on 11/06 when WoW was still in its vanilla run. I remember well my first Night elf toon a female hunter when we still used mana. I got heavy into the story line the endless questing. Being the zones hero. Then taking my leap into BG and finding out that being on the allie side sucked big for pvpers. Loathed the horde just because I saw them as the evil cheaters and called them cowards. Acuased Horde playes of cheating even some did hack thier toons.

Then came the first xpac BC lvl cap went up and found that I did not mind waiting long hrs just to raid kara never did BT just because no one from my relam was attuned to it but hordie players. Go figure. The intro of the BE class and thier counterpart the Draenei and the LFG tool was given to us best feature to date. By the way I could not stand the BE class I hate that stupid laugh. Next xpac WotLK gave us the easy way out no more CC that was the first time I took a look at WoW and shook my head in greif. The whole Raid experience did get better with intro of Naxx and ICC but pvp was still lopsided always leaning tward the hordies. CATA was the worst xpac in my opinion. Sure lvl cap and yet two more classes. I have to admit for the first time playing goblins were fun. Made a goblin rogue and had a blast wining pvp as a hordie but did not last long for I missed being the good guy and went back to the allie side. Also enjoyed the Worgen story line. Finialy WoW last xpac good ol panda's to the rescue. And this is were I took a long look back to realize OMG its the same game over and over again just to a beat of a diffrent drummer. So decide I would give WoW one more chance and yes loved the monk class of course had to make a panda for that matter. But it just fizzled for me. Just all the sudden for no rason just stop playing for days then nothing.

Hope all that still play find fun and joy with WoW for it you do not then maybe you should think bout leaving also for good before you become bitter and sad.

I have left WoW about 23 times in total, I don't make these post because I always go back. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. 

I really don't see why people have to "denounce" a game when they leave. I don't get why people become "bitter and sad". I have always just played a game until I found myself bored with it and then switched to another game. If I get bored with the new game, I may switch back to the one I just quit. It's not that big of a deal that there needs to be these long epic post about leaving. I started playing WoW again a few months ago. Got a little bored and played some TOR, EQ2 and now I'm messing with Allods of all fucking things. But ya know what? I will probably end up back in WoW at some point. Why not? What is wrong with going back to check out games after leaving? Why does everything with you people have to be so final?

I think the problem around here and with MMO's in general is that a lot of folks define themselves by the game they play. They take a game and get so into it, they make it part of their family lol. That's the reason for the rabid "fanboyism". If you talk shit about someone's game that they have invested their time and energy into, it's like you just called their mother a whore. This is why people plant flags with game companies and defend the game to the bitter end. I just don't do that cause I don't care enough about any certain game. I play them all and use these game companies for the prostitutes they are. 

Originally posted by Praetalus

Then came the first xpac BC lvl cap went up and found that I did not mind waiting long hrs just to raid kara never did BT just because no one from my relam was attuned to it but hordie players. Go figure. The intro of the BE class and thier counterpart the Draenei and the LFG tool was given to us best feature to date. By the way I could not stand the BE class I hate that stupid laugh. Next xpac WotLK gave us the easy way out no more CC that was the first time I took a look at WoW and shook my head in greif. The whole Raid experience did get better with intro of Naxx and ICC but pvp was still lopsided always leaning tward the hordies. CATA was the worst xpac in my opinion. Sure lvl cap and yet two more classes. I have to admit for the first time playing goblins were fun. Made a goblin rogue and had a blast wining pvp as a hordie but did not last long for I missed being the good guy and went back to the allie side. Also enjoyed the Worgen story line. Finialy WoW last xpac good ol panda's to the rescue. And this is were I took a long look back to realize OMG its the same game over and over again just to a beat of a diffrent drummer. So decide I would give WoW one more chance and yes loved the monk class of course had to make a panda for that matter. But it just fizzled for me. Just all the sudden for no rason just stop playing for days then nothing.

I have left WoW about 23 times in total, I don't make these post because I always go back. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. 

I really don't see why people have to "denounce" a game when they leave. I don't get why people become "bitter and sad". I have always just played a game until I found myself bored with it and then switched to another game. If I get bored with the new game, I may switch back to the one I just quit. It's not that big of a deal that there needs to be these long epic post about leaving. I started playing WoW again a few months ago. Got a little bored and played some TOR, EQ2 and now I'm messing with Allods of all fucking things. But ya know what? I will probably end up back in WoW at some point. Why not? What is wrong with going back to check out games after leaving? Why does everything with you people have to be so final?

I think the problem around here and with MMO's in general is that a lot of folks define themselves by the game they play. They take a game and get so into it, they make it part of their family lol. That's the reason for the rabid "fanboyism". If you talk shit about someone's game that they have invested their time and energy into, it's like you just called their mother a whore. This is why people plant flags with game companies and defend the game to the bitter end. I just don't do that cause I don't care enough about any certain game. I play them all and use these game companies for the prostitutes they are. 

Good for you.image

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

After 6 years of WoW I finialy left the game for good

IMO you left 4 years too late.

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    Originally posted by Deddpool
    Feels good doesn't it..I left after 5 years.  Felt like leaving a job you really hated lol.

maybe had you left after 3 years, your memories would better reflect how you felt when you still enjoyed the game.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    agree 100% i played wow for 6-7 years and quit mid cata. I just coudnt take it any more. blizz is catering the the 85% of dumb fucks out there tha dont like to play games by dumbing things down to a point where is grulling to play the game....i still have 2 month of gametime on my acct but i uninstalled it any ways....just a terrible game now...

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Deddpool

no it doesn't. I left after 6 years because I hate the direction and what made it fun for me is gone...

but not for a second do i regret playing...

Exactly.  Anyone who plays something for 5 years and then claims they hated it all along just comes off as incredibly insecure. Sure it's uncool to like WoW around here.  If you didn't play Meridian 59, apparently you don't count as a real MMO gamer.  Blah blah.  Screw anything you hear from anyone else.  Did you like the game while you played it, or did you not?  WoW is just another game.  If you play it and enjoy it, keep playing until you stop enjoying it.  Once you do, no need to pretend you never did enjoy it.  Have some confidence in your own decisions, dude.  

As for me, I played for about 6 years on and off as well (2004-2010).  Over those 6 years, my longest consecutive month subscription period was probably for about 18 months during BC.  I studied abroad for 6 months at the end of vanilla (naxx days) and the beginning of BC; then I worked away in a remote area for 4 months during the summer after Sunwell.  I returned the month before WotlK's release.  I took other small intermittent breaks during vanilla and WotlK.  

Then one day, myself and several friends just burned out around the same time.  We pretty much did server first 10 man Lich King during the first week he was unlocked, returned the following 2 weeks to do 9ish hard modes, then never logged on again lol.   Some of them returned for a month here or there over the past 3 years to check out the nex expansions, but never stuck around for more than just that month.  I've personally never gone back and really have no desire to.  I do, however, log on a free trial account once a year on halloween to level from 1-20 in the human starting zones (which, I must say, have been redone extremely well) and stroll through the haunting Duskwood Forest.    

Editting to add that the games may come and pass, but if you find a great group of people that you really click with in one game, they tend to stick with you.  I've continued to play other online games and random co-op games on steam with RL friends and friends I made in WoW almost daily.  

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

You...will....be.......back.

I have a bunch of long time friends who all swore they were done with WoW after WotLK and somehow got sucked in by those damn little Pandas. Take a break and enjoy your time away, but if you really played for that long I have a hard time believing you are gone for good :)

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

A million leave, a million start new. Imagine if everyone who left made a "i'm leaving for good"  thread. 

Just leave if that's your choice OP. You and the 999,999 others have already been replaced.

Originally posted by Murashu

You...will....be.......back.

I have a bunch of long time friends who all swore they were done with WoW after WotLK and somehow got sucked in by those damn little Pandas. Take a break and enjoy your time away, but if you really played for that long I have a hard time believing you are gone for good :)

LOL nope I am done. WoW is past its prime for me. No reason to go back.