Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL @ SOE

ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

The most recent patch has completely trashed the game...what was supposed to be a relatively minor update with some tweaks and balancing has instead created massive problems making the game nearly unplayable.

Some highlights for those not reading SOE forums about it:

Tank main guns aren't working - gun fires but apparently does no damage

Grenade launchers (and other weapons generally) just stop doing damage after a random number of shots; still does the full animation and so on but doesn't hit or damage anything...

Some one needs to break out the old EQ patch note random generator and remodel it for PS2...

Comments

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by ericbelser

The most recent patch has completely trashed the game...what was supposed to be a relatively minor update with some tweaks and balancing has instead created massive problems making the game nearly unplayable.

Grenade launchers (and other weapons generally) just stop doing damage after a random number of shots; still does the full animation and so on but doesn't hit or damage anything...

Some one needs to break out the old EQ patch note random generator and remodel it for PS2...

These were already fixed.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

confirm all fixed

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

So a new patch created more problems? Whats the issue? Are you new to these games? Bugs and janky patch releases are common place in the genre... 

Get over it and give SoE some time...

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

would also note that the only people not complaining would be the TR Tank drivers.

couple people did some number crunching on the prowler,  the buff  turned out to be a bug on steroids.

a Prowler in anchor mode was and is literally a Sniper tank.  I know..I was one of its victims  (my plane got shot out of the sky at ceiling height)

others spoke about the Prowlers god mode cannons of  wiping out Mags and Vanguards at longer distances 2, 3 sometimes 4 tanks at a time.

not a minor patch, but it needs work,  with lag chugging hard, it is unplayable until it gets fixed.  Also if it was not mentioned, some of the sounds are missing when firing some of the guns (my Flare firing sound is MIA).

not to be completely negative couple notable things i do like about the patch.

1. the new spotting changes give snipers a stronger advantage of hiding - no more people spamming the spot button just to find people instead of using their eyes.  hit the spot button too many times and it goes on cool down,  on top of that, the range is much shorter.

2. Bases, Amp stations are more defensible now with the jump pad changes. more defensible bases the better, some people complain to say it'll create more stalemates, just means they will have to fight harder instead of steam roll everything with little effort.

game will be hotfixed, and  double hotfixed when the first hotfix breaks something else. I can wait.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog

confirm all fixed

not fixed yet.

also, med packs only heal for 5 seconds and then your health reverts to previous state,

there was a patch today that did address the games framerate, instead of 1 frame every 2 seconds, it now is about 1 frame a second at random intervals in areas that have a lot of players in.

but yeah, prowler and lightning tanks do no damage, awesome image

well looks like the last patch a few hours ago did fix the ability of vehicles to do damage, but with framerate dropping off if you move at all, moving vehicles = extremely low frame rates, this doesnt seem to affect infantry as much now although in congested areas, its still a big issue. at the moment the game is virtually unplayable unless you stick to low population areas which.. is kind of pointless image
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

The steamgraph charts did explode again. Sure, people would love to play Planetside 2 but with an improved gameplay of course. Guess this will take a lot longer, maybe in 6 months ?

Someone posted this screenshot in a thread and I had to giggle......well they did break more with the patch than fixing :/

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/you-are-playing-a-public-beta.88849/

For me personally, the performance is a lot worse and I had really low FPS ingame. All in all, the basic gameplay got not fixed enough there is still the "metagame" missing. But its a good start and they know that they have to make changes if they want to be more successfull with Planetside 2.

Iam curios how many players will join the Planetside 1 server, after the game gets F2P in June/July.

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783
    Originally posted by Z3R01

So a new patch created more problems? Whats the issue? Are you new to these games? Bugs and janky patch releases are common place in the genre... 

Get over it and give SoE some time...

First off, I'm giving SOE all the time they want as I have no intention of paying them :)

However that doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't laugh my ass off at their amazing continued inability to even test things in house before releasing them with massive bugs.

Problems with a patch? Sure, happens to everyone; Failing to notice that whole weapon systems have stopped doing any damage in a shooter game???? Really? That requires "dogbert consulting" levels of stupidity and incompetence to rush live.

Why the rush? It's a barely peristant game for gosh sakes, who cares if one faction or another has an advantage for an extra day...'oh noes they got a few more certs'...>shrug< it doesn't make a whit of difference long term.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    For every developer action, there's a gamer overreaction.
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

This is true, but I do understand people and the massive complains on the official forums. There are some major basic gameplay issues which should be fixed first before any other things.

Just one example:

The population bonus is very lacking and there is no population penalty at all. This is a very basic problem and needs an improvement asap, except they want to watch how people of underpopulated factions just leave this area or the game.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/population-bonus-is-a-joke.89235/

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

It was supposed to be an optimization patch, instead we get trashy stuttering fps and a bunch of changes that breaks half the game, I do like the tunnel system and new spawn rooms, that's about it.

I can also say that there was a definite FPS drop with the patch - my system handled the game much better before and judging by the forums and chat, I'm not the only one.

ATM they seem to have fixed most of the broken weapons/turrets...the spawn changes are a mixed bag, some good but some seem if anything easier to camp than before...but the FPS drop is bad and really noticable even in 'mid sized' engagements.

I can also say that there was a definite FPS drop with the patch - my system handled the game much better before and judging by the forums and chat, I'm not the only one.

ATM they seem to have fixed most of the broken weapons/turrets...the spawn changes are a mixed bag, some good but some seem if anything easier to camp than before...but the FPS drop is bad and really noticable even in 'mid sized' engagements.

Definitely, the frames per second has dropped significantly, down to single figures, of fractions thereof at locations where there is a lot of action taking place, though it does affect vehicles more than it does infantry, which is pretty weird, and appears to be related to movement speed.. on the plus side though, the game itself is becoming more stable, it no longer crashes half as often as it did before the patch..image

its just a shame that at times the game is almost totally unplayable image

• LuperzaLuperza Member Posts: 23

Hi there! 

I just wanted to stop in to say that we are addressing many of the issues that you are experiencing with the most recent patch. If you have any helpful feedback, please send it our way on our forums under the appropriate forums and threads. I'll try to watch these forums as well. :) 

Thanks a bunch!

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn
    Your Friendly Community Relations Representative
    @PurrfectStorm | Friday Night Ops

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Luperza

Hi there! 

I just wanted to stop in to say that we are addressing many of the issues that you are experiencing with the most recent patch. If you have any helpful feedback, please send it our way on our forums under the appropriate forums and threads. I'll try to watch these forums as well. :) 

Thanks a bunch!

LoL.. You just made alot of people happy on this forum who have stated how game companies do surf these forums. I give you credit though for using you're actual identity to post some info without trying to sugar coat things behind some shill account.

+1 for that, I enjoyed Planetside 2 alot. My main issues are really the hacking / cheating in game and some of the performance issue things. Get a hold on the hacks and put in a proper anti-cheat system and you guys will be getting somewhere again.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

And there was another patch today, and .. the lag fest seems to have been fixed.. and as far as i can see, not at the expense of anything else image

now, if can just persuade them to bring in a few more vehicles, like the marauder and the raider image

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    How will I ever play this free game when every time they update there are bugs that are almost always fixed immediately? ; )
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Phry

And there was another patch today, and .. the lag fest seems to have been fixed.. and as far as i can see, not at the expense of anything else image

now, if can just persuade them to bring in a few more vehicles, like the marauder and the raider image

Yes! more vehicles will be awesome.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

As I do try to be fair, the lag / hitching / fps drop did get much better today...there are still more than a few nagging problems left though ;)

Purely on an academic front, I'd really love to know how something as big as tank main guns or other significant weapons systems not working gets missed if there is any in-house testing of patches. Is it rushing to meet deadlines?, poor version control/change control?, multiple coding teams not coordinating changes? all of the above? LOL - I'm not expecting a response btw, I'm sure that is the sort of thing they hang codemonkeys for talking about :)

Originally posted by Phry

You ask and we shall provide! :P 

We'll be introducing new buggies! Be sure to check out our ROADMAP and help us build a great world that has all the things you want to play with! :) 

----

Also, I am glad most of you are enjoying the recent hotfix! :) Please continue giving us your feedback so we can fix issues as quickly as possible so you can continue enjoying our game! <3

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

I tried to create an account last night and got a lovely "feature" where every name was taken. Google confirmed for me it's a reoccurring bug, so maybe I'll try again in a few days. But pretty goofy as a first experience with the game...

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

Originally posted by Amarsir

I tried to create an account last night and got a lovely "feature" where every name was taken. Google confirmed for me it's a reoccurring bug, so maybe I'll try again in a few days. But pretty goofy as a first experience with the game...

Sorry about that. Please try again. If the issue is still occurring, feel free to put in a ticket to our Customer Service team. Also you can Tweet @SOEHelp. We pretty much have people around 24/7 to help you if you ever encounter problems. :) <3

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn