Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sooo PVP was dropped?

13»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Fly666monkey

PVP and D&D just do not mix. If neverwinter sticks to the rules as much as possible, there WILL be absurdly overpowered builds.

1e-3.5e had the dedicated spellcasters. (Wizard, Cleric, Druid.) All three classes become Dragon Ball Z levels of broken at levels 10 and up. Also, above all them, in 3.5, the Planar Shepard, full stop.

4e has the Executioner/Blackguard with the frostcheese+chargecheese setup. The Blackguard is already the best striker in the game, and the executioner adds +d8 damage to ALL striker abilities, then you add in the cheeseball feat builds, and you can effectively cut through armies Dynasty Warriors style.

Can you imagine that sort of thing in PVP? No thank you.

Dude! Read a bit about the game before making posts - lol!

It is based on 4e  -  it is not from the era of Sir Maximus Minimus the third half man!

• sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

Multiclassing and a mix of fixed FEATS for classes and generic FEATS as well as FEATS for Races / subraces.

Also the Skills you trained played a huge role. Because the combat was based on dices, you could be a mind magic resistent character regardless of your above mentioned choices. Placing Ability Points was also the key.

In D&D it was always about what build you have been and building "counter-builds" in PVP.
    You certainly don't win a fight against a full Monk with a Low arcane magic / low AB fighter hybrid.

Balancing wasn't in the hands of the developers but in the hands of the players.

^ Nor remove any of the above mentioned systems and twist them into "MMO Class Systems" and you end up with a huge unbalanced pvp nightmare.

Stone say hello to paper, and scissor let me indroduce you to paper :)
    Honestly? Dumping the whole PVP is the best choice they - could do -

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by salanae

could be good to have a game focusing on PvE.

there is too many games focusing on PvP lately, or trying (and failing) to do both.

What games are you referring to which focused on PvP? GW 2, SW:TOR, Secret Wars, Rift, DCU and so on have all much more PvE content than PvP. Planetside 2 is the only triple A one which is PvP focused.

Imo a good MMO should have both. PvE and PvP are both neccessary for a complete MMO experience and a game which focuses on any one is, imo, lacking.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Originally posted by Maephisto
    IS THERE ANY PVP IN NEVERWINTER YET?

Yes, PvP is in - 20 vs. 20 battles.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Anddddd just like that this game has gone to crap. Obviously without PVP it's built for those who enjoy long walks along MMO beaches while picking flowers to craft their epic set of armor to fight the epic boss.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by cwliias

Everything pertaining to PVP on the website and here has been removed, i know they postponed release so they could release the game with PVP.... But now they dumped the whole thing?

Am i wrong? hope so

Uh you have it around the wrong way. They always said it would not release with PvP, and that they would add it in later.

No you have it wrong.  Originally yes, but in Nov/Dec they announced that PvP will be included at launch or was it earlier when the product was delayed?  Either way they did say PvP will be included at launch.

They told me during Gamescom that PvP would have been at launch and that they were excited about it.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

Whoa! Wait a minute! The D&D IP had been treated so poorly by developers the last few years, that I completely discounted this game, but I may have to put it on the "Must Try" list.

Are you telling me that Neverwinter is going to focus on PVE, using D&D mechanics, without bastardizing the hell out of the rules for the sake of "PVP balance"? If so, I need to break out the credit card and get me some Drow goodness baby!

I may have to take back the bad things I've posted about Cryptic if they actually release a PvE game with powerful PvE mechanics that are not watered down for PvP reasons.

Back on the watch list for me as well.

TSW and GW2 (while very good games) have totally fried me on weak CC in PvE for PvP reasons.

I see from others that PvP is in.  That is fine if they totally separate the skill functions.  

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by salanae

could be good to have a game focusing on PvE.

there is too many games focusing on PvP lately, or trying (and failing) to do both.

^^ Totaly agree... 

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I have never associated PvP with Neverwinter, I find the whole concept within a game like Neverwinter to be a detractor from the main focus of the game ie dungeons and adventuring.

Lets not wish for something that would in the end only hurt the game, because it wouldn't be done right, would have been placed within taverns, and as has been said already allowed OP builds to force pp to head to the forums in their droves to whine about the unfairness of it all, yet ignoring the fact it was never meant to be in the first place.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Mardukk

Whoa! Wait a minute! The D&D IP had been treated so poorly by developers the last few years, that I completely discounted this game, but I may have to put it on the "Must Try" list.

Are you telling me that Neverwinter is going to focus on PVE, using D&D mechanics, without bastardizing the hell out of the rules for the sake of "PVP balance"? If so, I need to break out the credit card and get me some Drow goodness baby!

I may have to take back the bad things I've posted about Cryptic if they actually release a PvE game with powerful PvE mechanics that are not watered down for PvP reasons.

"Powerfull PvE mechanics" What does this mean? You want to see big numbers?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NoswalNoswal Member Posts: 4
    Neverwinter + PVP = FAIL.......  Not all MMOs have to have a pvp component to be successful.  Sometimes it actually hinders the creativity on the PVE side, because the devs end up worrying about class balance in PVP.  I am glad to hear that they are at least focusing on PVE for now.  We have a number of good PVP focused MMOs on the market already anyways. 
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Mardukk

"Powerfull PvE mechanics" What does this mean? You want to see big numbers?

Not 2 second fears and 1 second mezes.  Allow me to push the envelope in PvE solo.  Utimitely I'm looking for a solo or duo PvE challenge...something that has gone by the wayside in recent releases.