Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my personal experience of ArcheAge Open Beta

12346»

Comments

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Frenetic
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat
    Am I understanding this right? Basically you level up via themepark on rails questing and then once you reach max level, you have access to the sandbox elements of the game because there is essentially no progressive end-game content?

Not true at all. I've seen people building homes on youtube videos with their characters being around lvl 20-something. 

There is progressive end-game content, such as world bosses. The sandbox aspect of the game means there are no instanced raids. Honestly, I don't want them. Instanced PvE is SO dreadfully boring. I want to pvp my way to the right to take down a boss. 

They do, however, have instanced dungeons for the usual smaller groups. But anything epic in ArcheAge involves PvPvE elements. 

That clarifies things for me. Thanks. It's not the game I'm looking for. But I hope you have fun playing it.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Thanks a lot for the review. :)

I have followed ArcheAge since 2011 and was very excited about it.

Till I found out that it is based on open world pvp in which a high level can go to a level area and slaughter everyone only because they can. :(

This is a real deal breaker for me and a thing that prevents me from playing games like that.

As long as no limitations are set into place OR areas are free from the "I can slaughter you because I love bullying low levels" attitude of some OR a PvE server with area based Factions / Guild wars in place are there, I'll definately won't play this game.

Which is a huge shame cause I love crafting and building stuff. :/

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Zierrity

Also, keep in mind that this is only an low level experience, and the true joy of ArcheAge starts at level 40, (or so I've been told), and that level 1 - 40 is basicly a long tutorial for you to learn the game and to prepare you for what to come at the end game.

And when will devs learn that the "average" MMO player in 2013 is not playing their first MMORPG?

We don't NEED or want 40 levels of tutorial.

I don't even want 5.

If a game doesn't capture my interest in the first couple of hours, chances are it won't be any better at the mythical magical "end game."

If AA truly does have 40 or so levels of mostly solo quest hub grinding as you and others have attested to - it will fail horribly in the west.

Why waste all that time and effort developing such useless content for a game?

[mod edit]

BadSpock is an honest poster and even when I dont agree with him, I find his posts thought-provoking and honest. I do agree 40 lvls grind - baby - grind is just like TERA in that respect and it gets old fast.

And, BTW, I thought this was a discussion on the ArchAge not a personal attack. Just because his opinion, and mine, don't agree with yours doesn't mean it shouldn't be posted.