Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 plans

Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Sorry for the new thread but I haven't found an open one about KP's letter...

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/letter-kate-paiz-executive-producer-lord-rings-online%E2%84%A2

So, first and foremost, Housing, major revision finally :) after those long years the housing system gets some love from the devs.

Player's Council sounds a good plan as well, western Rohan was already announced so that's obvious.

What worries me a bit, the class adjustments (again...). Maybe it's only my bad english, but doesn't it sound like the marketing-talk version of "dumbing down"? "The end result will be fewer skills, but a more profound impact on moment-to-moment play."

Comments

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

It is about time housing got some dev love.  I hope the make it much more free form in item placement.

The Player's Council might not change much but it's nice that player voices get some lip service at least.

I'm not so worried about the skill overhaul.  I have lots of skills on my bars that are just gathering dust.

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing Member Posts: 104

I agree about the skills thing. I just don't need to be sitting there tapping six or seven buttons during combat. A more streamlined skills and combat system is fine by me. Combat is already very easy so it can't dumb down any more, but i'd like it to become a bit more interesting and allow me to look at the screen instead of the keyboard or hotbar.

I just hope they don't nerf Minstrels...

"I am at this moment standing on the parapet of the Hornburg..." Now THAT'S why I play lotro!

Rather than fading away as many thought it would the closer we get to Mordor, it just gets better and better.

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

I'm enjoyed about this too. Player Council is an excellent idea. Housing revamp - at last, folks have been asking about this for years - and now we could have better settlements, not ghost towns.

Class revamps - I would be optimistic. Maybe instead of having 5 skills, of which some 2 or 3 are used, we will have 2 or 3 (rest will be gone with the wind). That would make life easier.

And yes, I do hope they won't do a mess from my Champion...

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Skills aren't really an issue for me. I like the way my captain bar is set up. I have all those bars full and I use so little but I know it's to do with the situations I am in. It's less to do with use and more to do with me not setting up multiple bars that I have available based on group level conetent. If they wanted to look at skills, look at my shield maidens skills. I think I've used 2 of them. The rest are not practical for the situations I put her in.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Have played this game non-stop since release and i am quite impressed with what they have in mind to do.there are only 2 games out at the moment that were worth a lifetime sub and they are lotro and TSW.for some reason i never tire of playing lotro.my only wish is that they would really do something about pvp for the pvp crowd..it could have been so much more this game.dont get me wrong.i love the game but it could have been better.

p.s i like the idea of the skill changes as well.mainly because even has  a healer i dont really need to use 1/3 of them.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Sounds amazing. Especially the less skills part. I can't wait to see what they do and how it turns out :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Good stuff. Some of the classes have way too many skills at top level. Combat for some classes is way too slow. I feel like I am fightring in slow motion on my Captain. Hunter with lower induction traits is not too bad. Housing...well I pay my rent and the kin house rent, but really don't see much advantage to having a house.

When you recieve quests in the field please make the accept bar small so it does not take up my field of sight.

Really though I am having more fun in GW2 and I hate to say that because LOTRO has such potential. But it feels like a horrendous grind and in GW2 I just truck around and do things and leveliing is just a by product. I like the de-leveling aspect of GW2 that lets me go back and do lower level content and still get credit and relevant drops.

I look forward to Rohan very much and hope to do massive battles there. It will be interesting to see how it is done. Don't let us down Turbine...this one is important!