Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is just a big fail *for me*

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by zastroph
    The main problem I have with this game is the pathetic system of dropping your lvl to that of the area your in! For me a lot of the game is impossible to solo, so when you get to lvl 80, there is no going back to undiscovered areas to complete it. A lvl 80 char being killed by a lvl 20 boss is pathetic!

So the main problem is that you can't fight on equal terms to a mob.  And you're calling the game pathetic because it creates challenges.  Games not for you. There are lots of EASYmode games for the people that can't deal with challenges.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by zastroph
    The main problem I have with this game is the pathetic system of dropping your lvl to that of the area your in! For me a lot of the game is impossible to solo, so when you get to lvl 80, there is no going back to undiscovered areas to complete it. A lvl 80 char being killed by a lvl 20 boss is pathetic!

So the main problem is that you can't fight on equal terms to a mob.  And you're calling the game pathetic because it creates challenges.  Games not for you. There are lots of EASYmode games for the people that can't deal with challenges.

Well...I go back with my lvl 80 characters and can solo Champions at lvl 60 or so...you're correct about being pathetic, maybe use some dodge skills and cc?

• solochoowookiesolochoowookie Member UncommonPosts: 54

Just tried to log in again for the first time in months. Your points are all still valid for me as well. It is one big DPS zerg fest in WvW, and no RPG going on in the rest of the game.

I did not enjoy how they handle heals.

The account name visable to everyone killed RP.

The total lack of effort/acknowledgement of RP or potentially a RP server.

At the end of the day, just not right for me.

• pluzoidpluzoid Member Posts: 152

At the end of the day it's all upto personal choice, guild wars 2 is like marmite, you will either love it or hate it.
    I mean there are forum pages with loads of threads about how the trinity system in wow is boring, ppl hating theme parks etc, them when something new comes along and they then change there tune saying they miss it lol.
    Like in any mmo, you find a good guild and it makes the social playing a lot better.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

I got bored a little over halfway to lvl cap.Personally, the immersion factor is just not there at all. MMO's nowadays have minimalistic immersion at best and GW2 doesn't even have that for me. I have played some MMO's for years in the past, but nothing currently holds my interest for very long.

I don't think GW2 sucks, I don't think it is a bad game. Indeed it is nice to see a game come anywhere close to WoW's millions and GW2 is worthy of the numbers it is servicing. But for me, it is still just a themepark with very little actual player investment in the shaping of the virtual world. I think it has some good elements in it...the questing is decent, the action combat is decent, the world is nice to look at, the jumping puzzles and other elements of the gameworld make exploration worthwhile for more than just the scenery, the WvW instance is nice and big with plenty to play with during PvP and the downscaling is a nice, if not odd, addition. However, the culling is awful, the character art is funky (what's with the dainty ladyfeet?), the gameworld is still the same static and unevolving thempark, the crafting is pretty standard as well as useless and grindy feeling, the cutscenes are just laughably awful and so contrived as to reduce the immersion factor and the PvP still feels like esports with no real effect on the gameworld or the story (hint, the WvW is not open world PvP but open instance PvP)..and there are just too many cheesy, elements in the game for me to get immersed in it.

Again I want to state that I do not hate the game and my lack of continued interest in it is more due to my dissatisfaction with themeparks in general. My MMO teething days started with Asheron's Call and lasted for years. I played SWG for years after that (when I think of the NGE I think of Jay Wilson, "Fuq that loser!"). It's sad that I played SWTOR consistently longer than GW2, but to be honest SWTOR did more to immerse me, but not much because when the Star Warsy glamour wore off I realized how poor SWTOR is. I will say that ANet is doing a good job at putting out content fairly regularily for a non sub game. I don't regret buying it and I'm sure to get bored enough to play it a bit from time to time. But it will go the way of all othe uninstalled games the moment I find an MMO I can truly sink into.

Also, Asuras are one of, if not THE ugliest playable race I have ever seen. They are as ugly to me as the Lallafell in FFXIV are digustingly, childishly cutesy looking...to me.

How ugly are they?

Your Asura sooo ugly, I have to chug Pepto Bismo just to look at it...and I still puke in my mouth a little when I do.

Your Asura sooo ugly, the ugy stick say "DAYUM, I ain't hittin' that!"

Your Asura sooo ugly, it look like the meth-addicted love child of a goblin and a gnome.

Ultimately I can't emphasize the "to me" enough.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

My main issues began in Nov when the direction of the game suddenly went completely against everything we were told prior to launch in every interview I read (and I read ALOT of interviews trust me) when they not only introduced the foundations of a gear treadmill system in which they laid the foundation just recently for a grind (doing dailies monthlies in order to receive a single piece of currecy for the chance that an RNG chest might drop a gear piece you need from the new currency vendor, in which it's been calculated that it will take one playing every single day for the next 13-16 months to actually gear your entire character in ascended gear taking into account the number of times the gear piece you don't need drops and assuming they don't give the players retro currency for the achievements they've already completed.) It's facilitated by the way they handled their economy. They've stealth nerfed or broken the open world loot forcing people who are new to level 80 and want to gear to run dungeons or be competative in WvW to buy gems from the store to convert to gold to buy the items in the TP from other players(I believe it was a stealth nerf) 

The reason I believe it was done on purpose was a series of 2 events. Jon Peters mentioned the loot drop issues with DR on Reddit and said they are actively trying to tone down the settings on DR (instead of getting Rid of that archaic and completely fail mechanic entirely) so that legit players won't feel the sting of spending so much time in the world and not getting a single drop accept whites or greys. (at launch one could spend 30 minutes in Orr the highest zone farming mobs and get lots of the highest materials for crafting, 4-5 rare items from events where there are tons of mobs to farm and make a decent amount of gold. No longer) Just after he made this statement his team nerfed the very last major dragon event that used to be dropping rares and exotics so that it drops only greens and blues. but if we are to believe him and his team they are gamers who understand what gamers go thru when the developers do things that remove choices from the gameplay and increase the grind suddenly. /sarcasm

If I had known then what I know now I would have never have defended this title or bought it. 0 rewards for time spent even in a game with all cosmetic only items is still 0 reward for time spent. (GW2 isn't just saying)

As my goblin hunter in WoW used to say Time is Money Friend.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I eventually had to delete the game off of my hard drive. I tried so many times to like this thing but ArenaNet made this into something that is not Guild Wars like. Played the original for many years, loved everything about the original because it wasn't a mmo. I think some franchises do not need to be a mmo. 
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    ive actually been logging in the last two nights for a few hours each but i gotta say the changes to the daily quests are a total turn off for me , its a chore for little reward at all which seems to be the entire theme of this game. Resing people or going out of your way to underwater fight or making sure to time a dodge perfectly just for a small token of exp 4500 karma and 1 token is a total turn off.  I have buddies that work for Anet on this game to and I feel terrible that I cannot enjoy the game enough to even log in to play for a hour or two. I enjoyed doing the old dailies at least while i was out adventuring but this new system completely killed any chance of me ever returning I think.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I still go out to the world as you used to do, the dodge thing is easy, you just get a pack of melee mobs on your ass and dodge away, job done in a min. The dailies are not required and I certainly wouldn't farm it, that's no fun. Occasionally however I fancy a world wander and that's when it's nice as a little side quest as i wander. And that's the point, it's another option, not a Compulsary requirement.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    I still go out to the world as you used to do, the dodge thing is easy, you just get a pack of melee mobs on your ass and dodge away, job done in a min. The dailies are not required and I certainly wouldn't farm it, that's no fun. Occasionally however I fancy a world wander and that's when it's nice as a little side quest as i wander. And that's the point, it's another option, not a Compulsary requirement.

yeah see myself im compulsive if i see a quest on my screen i gotta do it =/ so I feel like i cannot miss a day heh. I just do not like the new format at all. I know that its to change up the same grind every day and they get points for being creative but i just hate the new format .

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    It's true. GW2 has little to no staying power. I played off and on for a month, and every now and then I'll log in for a few days before getting bored again. The only reason I play at all anymore is that it's free, and I have to be REALLY bored at the time.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

It makes all the Cheerios taste awlful. You piss in mine, I piss in yours - NAH, let's not go there.

Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
    No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.

GW2 is a fine game.  Sure it could be better, all games could be better.  It is good enough that I don't feel I have wasted my money on it as I have felt with other games.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

I agrre with many of the OP thoughts on GW2 , for me i was having fun till about lvl 30 , then the flavor began to wear off this gum , by lvl 80 it was gone and i was bored to tears , and forcing myself to log in , i felt no challenge , no accomplishment , no sense of achievement , the 7 friends i entered GW2 with also all have quit now.. and many of the same sentiments were spoken ...

For those who enjoy this game , have fun .. i am hoping for something better down the road ...

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    It happens. I get bored fairly fast with many games. I would give them some more time to get player feedback and see what they come up with. game has potential, it's just up to them to keep people invested.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Elikal

*shrug* If you enjoy the game, thats really fine. But I am really let down. MORE than by SWTOR to be honest. I am not that angry because I was a huge Star Wars fan, and I never cared that much about GW2. I really wanted to like it, and at first I was totally thriled. But the longer I played the more I got bored, and I really never got bored THAT fast than with GW2. Just my two cents.

Yep, I dont like SW:TOR much but atleast the few class story lines I did lasted me 3 months before I got bored and the instanced PvP in SW:TOR felt more fun and again I dont think they were particulary good. GW 2 last me barely two months and it would have probably been just one was it not for the B2P model.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Sorry to hear OP, but Anet did say they are not targetting players that like faceroll games.

I am glad they made a game way too hard for themepark carebear players...one so hard even Elitist Jerks were slammed with people who have been calling themselves leet for 8 years who couldnt handle it, while others there made fun of them for being so used to handicapped holy trinity games.

Personally, ill take a game that gives me something like a bunker elementalist....one that requires more skill than just about any 2 MMOs released in the last 7 years combined.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Sorry to hear OP, but Anet did say they are not targetting players that like faceroll games.

I am glad they made a game way too hard for themepark carebear players...one so hard even Elitist Jerks were slammed with people who have been calling themselves leet for 8 years who couldnt handle it, while others there made fun of them for being so used to handicapped holy trinity games.

Personally, ill take a game that gives me something like a bunker elementalist....one that requires more skill than just about any 2 MMOs released in the last 7 years combined.

Wow , starnge how compltely oppsite some players view this game , i see GW2 as the cherry on top of the Carebear Themepark, i dont see anyway a dev could make a game any more casual and easy than A Net did , they hand you everything , there is little to no challenge , Helen Keller could get 80 inside a month with 1 hand ...

Anyhow ... im glad some people find this style of game amusing and challenging .. HAve fun.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Good thing when i bought GW2 I expected it to be just like any other console game that will only last you 15hrs-80hrs/ couple weeks playtime. You people expecting a B2P game to last months, years, forever is just expecting way too much from todays mmorpgs. Sure Anet would want you to continue playing because of their cash shop items. But they already got your money and made their money. So really GW2 is a no different game than any other console 60$ games that dont last long. Why do you think theres a Personal Story? You finish that, that's it. Everything else you can do in the game is just simply something more for you to play do, run around, socialize and nothing more. You paid the game for the Personal Story. Thats it boys. Anet got you good.

I was rather disappointed with GW2 aswell.

But then again comparing it to a console game that lasts for 80hrs~ is a bit silly.

They are constantly updating and patching the game. Making more content and fixing the issues. These updates are completely free so after you buy the game, you don't actually need to put a dime in it to get all the upcoming updates except for the major expansions.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Arcondo87

you not the only one OP. Though this site is GW2 pro. Ppl are blind and they think the fact that its a free of sub based mmo (if you can even call it a mmo) it makes up for all the black bagging of accts and poor lack of support this game has. I for one pray every night b 4 i go to bed that this company hits a hardship soon and goes under...

My old guild from DayZ (consist of 24 ppl) were all pumped up and hyped for GW2 saying its the best game ever created since running water! Now only 2-3 of them play it, the rest say its boring. DURRRR Glad i didnt spend my hard earnd cash on this joke...rather spend it on the new Family Guy game 

Wow you call people who like the game blind....Please reread your own post and re-evaluate who you think is blind.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Keep feeding his topics. Or you could let it die slowly.
  • SephrinxSephrinx Member UncommonPosts: 94

I agree with everything you said, OP. The main reason I stopped playing the game, is that there is nothing to do in it. I don't care for the psuedo-content filler fluff crap. I want hard, legit content. I don't want to run a nintendo style dungeon, I don't want any sort of non-combat items as a reward, and I don't want achievements. What I want is to raid.

When they demolished the MMO Trinity of Healer, Tank and DPS, they really crucified themselves in that aspect. Not having definitive roles is an abomination. Aside from the fact that you can't really do much at level 80 aside from meaningless trifles, such as 100% World Completion which is just a joke to me, and other meaningless crap, each class only has a handful of skills. I don't want 5 skills and a few 'utility' abilities along with a laughable "elite" skill. I want several dozen abilities and macros of my various skills to use. Sure, some classes had two weapon slots, but not all of them. And even at that point the amount of abilities you had was depressing. Looking at screenshots of my Rogue, I had... 30 different spells and abilities on my hotbar, excluding Trinkets, racials and Macros. I used about 80% of them in any average fight. 

I don't know, I really wanted to like this game, but it feels like a pretend game almost, like it's only to be played for killing time and jumping puzzles and mystic forging..... It was fun, I made two 80s (one out of rage/spite) and a few other high level characters, but it just wasn't fun too me after everything was said and done.

imageimageimageimage

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    Nice necro of a post... if you dont like it, move on. Its really amazing how upset people are on how different GW2 actually is, all they can do is hate...

Ive been playing since the first beta weekend with 1500 hours played now. Ive loved every moment and enjoy pushing the living story content, its very good. Hate all you want, there is NO company delivering content as often and adding a lot of new systems. By the way, the Achievement Reward system is very impressive!

Enjoy whatever game you enjoy and just continue to hate the fact GW2 is very successful. Ill enjoy my bi weekly updates :)

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Disregarding the necro; I actually agree with most of the concerns the OP has regarding GW2.

When me and my friends at launch finally got ourselves into the same instance. We quickly realized that the element of teamplay wasn't really there. I mean, there are a few abilities that work together with others but there isn't much more than that. Without the role of having a dedicated tank, healer and dps none of us felt like we had a specific role in the group. We all just played our game of DPS-Evade-DPS-Evade-DPS-Evade, rinse and repeat untill the instance is done. For us being a very tight-knit group of players whom been together since the very early days of MMOs we quickly grew bored of them. We want to engage ourselves as a group, overcome challanges with the help of our experience as a group working together. We had very little of that in the few runs of instances we had.

I love GW2 as a RPG-like game, but it just doesn't cut it for me as an MMO.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Diemos
    Nice necro of a post... if you dont like it, move on. Its really amazing how upset people are on how different GW2 actually is, all they can do is hate...

Ive been playing since the first beta weekend with 1500 hours played now. Ive loved every moment and enjoy pushing the living story content, its very good. Hate all you want, there is NO company delivering content as often and adding a lot of new systems. By the way, the Achievement Reward system is very impressive!

Enjoy whatever game you enjoy and just continue to hate the fact GW2 is very successful. Ill enjoy my bi weekly updates :)

This is not a GW2 fansite. People are free to post criticism for the game as many times as they like as long as they keep it civil and do not break TOS. You have a choice to not read it instead of reading it and then complain about people who dislike GW2.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I really enjoyed playing GW2 when I did.  It offered something different for me.  I haven't played in months, but if friends are willing to hop back on it, I see no hurdles in going back to it.