Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a Game, a Data-Mining Company

PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

You must use one of a half-dozen third-party providers to login (Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, etc.). And as you log in, the game culls all your personal information from the site you used to log in to.

Absolutely ridiculous and quite the scam, IMO.

Comments

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

you are wrong but you are entitled to be wrong

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by eddieg50

Ok so what is the OP going on about?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Try to register and pay attention to the fine print. By registering you agree to give them access to all your personal data, contact info, etc., associated with the Third-Party provider account that you choose to register with.

Why they need to have the phone numbers and email addresses of my friends, family and other associates is beyond me if this was just a game.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by PhelimReagh

You must use one of a half-dozen third-party providers to login (Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, etc.). And as you log in, the game culls all your personal information from the site you used to log in to.

Absolutely ridiculous and quite the scam, IMO.

The registration does not work as OP described. It's not even possible to register using MySpace or Yahoo.

EDIT: Looks like PhelimReagh's first post is from 2011, so they would have had plenty of time to change their registration methods since then. The question is, why did OP bump his years old post now? /EDIT

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by eddieg50

if you are going to call the guy wrong explain why and not just worry about your stupid post count. The OP is NOT wrong facebook is a datamining company and its been on the news only a thousand times thats what they do. I just got a class action lawsuit letter in my email the other day for another settling they are doing for selling peoples personal info. If you sign up for any game through using facebook or something similiar you are getting data mined , its common sense.

bah just seen it was necro thread sorry about that =/