Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am completely disappointed with the last personal story mission

Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

After playing this game solo since release, I find that the last mission is group only.  WTF ArenaNet?  What happened to play the way I want? 

I am absolutely disgusted at this point.  I've had a blast with this game right up until this moment, and now when I am ready to do the very last mission...

Damn it...   Logging off

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I guess the only logical way to complain about having to socialize with other players for 1 hour out of 100 hours of gameplay is to do it publicly on forums.  
  • Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Homitu
    I guess the only logical way to complain about having to socialize with other players for 1 hour out of 100 hours of gameplay is to do it publicly on forums.  

[mod edit]

From the ArenaNet website regarding personal stories:

"Your personal story is told through private, instanced chapters that are specific to your character. If you need a little help, you can always invite friends along to experience your personal story with you. As “guest stars” these players can help you, but it’s still your story and key decisions are yours to make."

Total bullshit.  I don't need a little help to finish the quest -- I need 4 other players or I won't be able to finish the quest.  The least the company could have done was be up front about the forced grouping in the last mission.  I wouldn't have spent the time getting to this point or be so annoyed had I known that I would be FORCED to group in an instanced mission.

Ah well... Either they'll fix this, and I'll finish it, or I'll move on to another MMO.  Lots coming out this year anyway. 

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Deathstrike2

You, sir, are what I'm complaining about.  Your response is typical of the personalities I see in PUGs, and is why I would rather solo my "personal story" than dick around with asshats who ruin my fun and immersion.

"Your personal story is told through private, instanced chapters that are specific to your character. If you need a little help, you can always invite friends along to experience your personal story with you. As “guest stars” these players can help you, but it’s still your story and key decisions are yours to make."

Total bullshit.  I don't need a little help to finish the quest -- I need 4 other players or I won't be able to finish the quest.  The least the company could have done was be up front about the forced grouping in the last mission.  I wouldn't have spent the time getting to this point or be so annoyed had I known that I would be FORCED to group in an instanced mission.

Ah well... Either they'll fix this, and I'll finish it, or I'll move on to another MMO.  Lots coming out this year anyway. 

http://gw2lfg.com/

Try it.

You will find GW2 players are pleasent in small doses.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

After playing this game solo since release, I find that the last mission is group only.  WTF ArenaNet?  What happened to play the way I want? 

I am absolutely disgusted at this point.  I've had a blast with this game right up until this moment, and now when I am ready to do the very last mission...

Damn it...   Logging off

You won't find much sympathy in on these forums.  A better place to take this will be the GW2 forums.  Most players here complain that there is way too much solo content in MMO's these days.

I'm not disregarding your point, but I don't see them changing the personal story any time soon.  Perhaps solo dungeons are something they may consider in the future, but I've not heard anything of that sort from the devs.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Damn it...   Logging off

You're doing better than me, I thought all the story missions where absolutely terrible and juvenile.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

People still play the personal story mission other than the 'easy XP' between the awful 40-60 levels?

/Facepalm

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

Damn it...   Logging off

I was dissapointed with the first.  Well done for making it that far.  

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96

Think i agree with the OP, no point in stating you have a feature if it does'nt work in the way they say it will.

I'm a fan of some single player aspects to MMO's due to some people i meet thinking the internet is a 'free for all' douchebag convention. I'm not saying nice players don't exist, but they are certainly harder to come by. This could be my reason for being in the same PvP guild for the past 10 years even though i prefer PvE.

Like some other guy said though, probs not the best place to post this. Only thing it will achieve is sarcastic responses and claims that you should be playing on a console rather than a PC.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    well havent finished story on any of my chars yet but int it the story mode of arah dungeon if so wouldent it make sence its group only since its the last instance?
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Damn it...   Logging off

What did you expect? To kill the elder dragon, the most powerful creatures that ever walked the Tyria, and his minion dragons all by your self? Wouldn't THAT be an immersion breaker?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Asian B2P =)
    Originally posted by korent1991

Damn it...   Logging off

What did you expect? To kill the elder dragon, the most powerful creatures that ever walked the Tyria, and his minion dragons all by your self? Wouldn't THAT be an immersion breaker?

Have you ever actually played a video game?

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I found whole story disappointing and last part 200% crazy.
    I, sure, found group, was not that hard, just needed like 1 hour of LA spam. =XD

Dungeon itself was:

1. too long
    2. way too hard
    3. way too much
    4. full of bugs worse then stray dog (seems whole game is too)

asking myself: why it calls "personal story" after last group mission? asking myself: why
    whole progress need to be solo and not mission-like, style GW?

but well, seems I'm hater of 0 fault great game and only because my English is bad and I have nothing better to do as post here...

To be honest, all who want, just go to GW2 forum and look posts there. I guess it looks like most of the customer are unhappy...

I guess it because they have nothing to do but write instate appreciate the Great Game...

from last update I feel like in beta again, come there for some hours between 2 other MMO, as it weekend, but can barley play it, getting dc all time

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by elitero
    Asian B2P =)

please no offence!(joke here) PWE doing way better. (truth here)

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by elitero
    Asian B2P =)

ArenaNet is American.

/facepalm

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Draemos

Damn it...   Logging off

Have you ever played an mmorpg game? In which one do you kill the strongest enemies alone?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

The last mission sucks. I did it and got crappy rewards for it. Yes, I got the token. For a lousy reward.

The instance for the personal story is not fun, I did it to get rid of the green text on my screen.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

You, sir, are what I'm complaining about.  Your response is typical of the personalities I see in PUGs, and is why I would rather solo my "personal story" than dick around with asshats who ruin my fun and immersion.

/agree - and I am moving to another mmo. I gave up on the personal stories much earlier because you really needed a group to complete them. That was ok because with the Dailies I could still level up acceptably. GW2 was not solo friendly but it seemed solo welcome. No longer. The newest patch forces grouping to complete the Daily and makes DE much harder for solo players. As far as I am concerned GW2 is now solo player UNFRIENDLY. As this poster mentioned - there are plenty of other mmos to try (my next will be Tera). I did enjoy my 5 months with GW2 and I will miss my two level 80 Charr but this solo player has moved on.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

I've done the personal story twice now one you can see in the pve section COF's. Nothing wrong with them in my opinion other, than the mass effect like events happening in them. As far as the last mission come on get over that. If you wanted a single player game get a console. It's one mission with a boss that is insanely easy. And a dungeon that overall isn't that hard you can zerg through. I say this over and over and I’m glad it's catching on.

STOP I repeat STOP whining and being lazy. You can't take on the so called Protagonist of the game alone. That would be bad story plot that people rip apart if it did happen. Either way people are going to complain so I say get it over with. Too much wah wah and, too little showing skill and completing things. Last dungeon is designed to be a place where all paths lead up to. Where others besides you have they're own story and join you in a common goal. At the end of “The source of Orr” the mission before that. The pact has won and literally say they are sending you after Zhaitan.

Which leads to you meeting destiny's edge in Orr. Along with 4 other people who finished the line as well. So all I can say to you is suck it up and get it done.

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

I've done the personal story twice now one you can see in the pve section COF's. Nothing wrong with them in my opinion other, than the mass effect like events happening in them. As far as the last mission come on get over that. If you wanted a single player game get a console. It's one mission with a boss that is insanely easy. And a dungeon that overall isn't that hard you can zerg through. I say this over and over and I’m glad it's catching on.

STOP I repeat STOP whining and being lazy. You can't take on the so called Protagonist of the game alone. That would be bad story plot that people rip apart if it did happen. Either way people are going to complain so I say get it over with. Too much wah wah and, too little showing skill and completing things. Last dungeon is designed to be a place where all paths lead up to. Where others besides you have they're own story and join you in a common goal. At the end of “The source of Orr” the mission before that. The pact has won and literally say they are sending you after Zhaitan.

Which leads to you meeting destiny's edge in Orr. Along with 4 other people who finished the line as well. So all I can say to you is suck it up and get it done.

Told you this would happen. I just hope this statement is ironic, otherwise its just a poor attempt at non-constructive trolling.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

Damn it...   Logging off

You're doing better than me, I thought all the story missions where absolutely terrible and juvenile.

Haha, yep..while some of them made me chuckle a bit it was mostly out of how childish the dialogue was.  The dialogue is terrible in GW2, GW1 wasn't GREAT but it sure as hell beats the dialogue in GW2

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

This is why MMOs suck now, people who are single players gamers are invading and ruining the social aspects of MMOs.

It's truly a sad time for gaming, just like for music.

• EbonheartEbonheart Member Posts: 138

You made it to the end of the story?

I couldn't make it past the lack of choices and entirely predictable responses of... everything. It's a shame they couldn't be a little more original with the dialog and story, as it's a great game world with a bunch of lore. Everyone is basically the same exact person with little variation, and it makes things rather bland. The story takes little dips and turns based on your path but it all leads to the same place eventually. It's like playing a Mass Effect or TES game without the dialogue choices. The least they could've done was give you some decent options like SWTOR or something, which is also pretty linear itself as far as main story questing goes.

Damn it...   Logging off

Have you ever played an mmorpg game? In which one do you kill the strongest enemies alone?

That's all good and fine, but don't play the immersion card.  What you described is as being immersion breaking is replayed in almost every video game in existance.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

This is why MMOs suck now, people who are single players gamers are invading and ruining the social aspects of MMOs.

It's truly a sad time for gaming, just like for music.

Poor pitiful you.