Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welp, uninstalling TERA.

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
Did not know it had Vindictus type movement.  Can't do that kind of game, it gives me extreme motion sickness.   I hope future games don't follow suit or I'm done online gaming.

Comments

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    I regret to inform you that a LOT of people want exactly what you don't want.
  • Deerhuntah60Deerhuntah60 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by DarkVagabond

Sadly true. If OP is that biased an unwiling to spend a little time getting use to a different movement system, its his loss and should just do himself the favor and quit.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Originally posted by Deerhuntah60

Sadly true. If OP is that biased an unwiling to spend a little time getting use to a different movement system, its his loss and should just do himself the favor and quit.

If he gets sick he gets sick, you can't bash him for that. Its just that its not a bad decision on the part of the developers just because a few people might have issues with constant motion.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

You do realise it might not be something he can get used to? 

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

"Camera Targeting" is not for everybody, but it's something that I think anybody can get used to.  My biggest issue with it is that I can't look behind my character while fighting.  On a PvP server it's a terrible disadvantage to always have to face what I'm hitting.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

There is no aggro reset!

Seriously though, if your vestibular systems are weak, then that's a personal problem.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

There is no aggro reset!

Seriously though, if your vestibular systems are weak, then that's a personal problem.

Curse you for making me look up what vestibular means. +1 vocabulary

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Well I don't have any motion sickness problems but sure hope they keep making MMOs without action style combat. Tera's wasn't to bad, but for the most part I am not paying any attention to any MMO that is promoting this form of combat. Really wish all you console gamers had stayed out of PC based MMORPGs. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Well I don't have any motion sickness problems but sure hope they keep making MMOs without action style combat. Tera's wasn't to bad, but for the most part I am not paying any attention to any MMO that is promoting this form of combat. Really wish all you console gamers had stayed out of PC based MMORPGs. ;)

As a PC gamer I'm glad we are finally moving away from terrible tab target dice based trash combat systems that we've been hamstrung with for the past decade due to poor client/server tech..  If I wanted to play that sort of terrible gameplay I'd stick with board games and MUDDS

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    Did not know it had Vindictus type movement.  Can't do that kind of game, it gives me extreme motion sickness.   I hope future games don't follow suit or I'm done online gaming.

A lot of the people liking TERA praise it for this system. It's not for everybody though and if it makes you sick then you should probably have done a little bit more research before diggin in. It's not exactly a big secret.

imageimage
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Kyleran

...This

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

Sorry, these types of game cause you illness. I don't enjoy thest type of games for other reasons (my dex isn't what it once was), but hope you find something to your liking.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

For plenty of reason.  Tab Targetting is so old school.....and not in a good way.

To the OP, why would you isntall a game without doing even a modicum of research in to its systems?  *boggles*

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135
    blerp.... multiquote edit fucked up :p 
    We are all satoshi!
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Thats the problem with todays gamers, too lazy(not directed at OP)  to figure stuff out and give it time to grow on you. Everything has to be their way and no trying new stuff, old stuff, or being open minded. Or rage quit with forum tantrum :/

Motion sickness from a game? What? You sure it isnt another issue? You sure it isnt epilepsy from gaming too long? Many claim motion sickness occurs, personaly never been on that roller coaster ride

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Onomas

Thats the problem with todays gamers, too lazy(not directed at OP)  to figure stuff out and give it time to grow on you. Everything has to be their way and no trying new stuff, old stuff, or being open minded. Or rage quit with forum tantrum :/

I almost quit GW2 within the first few minutes due to the controls, but I pushed through it, got used to it and actually ended up enjoying the combat quite a bit. I later installed a TERA mod and then it actually became really fun, sadly GW2 didn't really have any qualities that could keep me playing for a long time. I'm a fan of progression and there's not much to do once you run CoF 10 times and have all the cosmetic gear you wanted.

• DesskawDesskaw Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by azzamasin

For plenty of reason.  Tab Targetting is so old school.....and not in a good way.

To the OP, why would you isntall a game without doing even a modicum of research in to its systems?  *boggles*

Absolutely this, how in the world did you download a 30GB game without knowing about it's combat? Seriously, what a waste of time.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by cura

Hehe, i dont think its about console style but people falling asleep pressing sequences of keyes :-)

Because using your mouse to stay targetted while pressing a sequence of key's is vastly different. So different it falls into the OMG ITS SO NEW AND INNOVATING catagory.

The only thing the lack of tab targetting creates is character classes with a much smaller variety of skills to use. that was my only gripe with Vindictus, which is far better than Tera in every way other than Tera having an open world, stories are about the same quality, bland. Lack of skill variety = boring combat, aim targetting or not. Would rather have tab targetting with a class that has a ton of skills to chose from depending on the situation.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Motion sickness from a game? What? You sure it isnt another issue? You sure it isnt epilepsy from gaming too long? Many claim motion sickness occurs, personaly never been on that roller coaster ride

Perhaps you should read a bit on motion sickness before saying these ridiculous things.

• ter234ter234 Member Posts: 11
    I had many motion sickness problems with earlier fps games nanely anything from the Doom era up to HL1 and Unreal ( i remember playing Descent 1 and getting so sick that i puked all over my keyboard XD) what really helped me get trough that where these wristbands you can buy at drugstores and so on for travel and motion sickness. After using them for some time im cured from it now, never had this problem again in recent years.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Perhaps you should read a bit on motion sickness before saying these ridiculous things.

epilepsy is a rediculous thing? Sure its more life altering than motion sickness, you would be surpised at the amount of people with it. Hence the warning on all games. Not dopubting his motion sickness, only stating he should be cautious of other risks.

So chill and stop trying to read into things that arent there.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

There is no aggro reset!

Whatever happened to that arse in the photo? 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by MightyChasm

There is no aggro reset!

Whatever happened to that arse in the photo? 

That ass went on to marry this ass:

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by cura

Hehe, i dont think its about console style but people falling asleep pressing sequences of keyes :-)

Because using your mouse to stay targetted while pressing a sequence of key's is vastly different. So different it falls into the OMG ITS SO NEW AND INNOVATING catagory.

The only thing the lack of tab targetting creates is character classes with a much smaller variety of skills to use. that was my only gripe with Vindictus, which is far better than Tera in every way other than Tera having an open world, stories are about the same quality, bland. Lack of skill variety = boring combat, aim targetting or not. Would rather have tab targetting with a class that has a ton of skills to chose from depending on the situation.

It is, otherwise older games wouldn't constantly bitch about twitch games.