Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the cheats in D3 & GW2

Spartan3088Spartan3088 Member Posts: 35
Just wanted to know if there were cheaters in these 2 games? From most of my past experience games without fees people always find out how to cheat and no one cares to stop it. I don't mind paying a fee if it keeps cheaters out.

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Huh?
  • Spartan3088Spartan3088 Member Posts: 35
    Just wanted to try the games but not if there is cheating
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    If you mean botting, they both have some of that going on. But typical cheating like duping items or other things there's really a neglible amount - not enough to effect your gameplay.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Neither game is actually free.  

I'm sure both still have bots, but both companies have quite a large staff to report that stuff to.  It's not left unchecked if that's what you're asking.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

Diablo 3 is controlled by the server, which makes it very difficult to cheat.  Every click to move your character is not controlled by your game client.  Overall, D3 had a lot of bad opinions because it didn't deliver on the same experience as the rest of the franchise.  In addition, the game gets harder as you go which encourages players to buy more items off the auction house.  The balance is not in your favor and if you don't spend real money, expect to spend a lot of grinding on the same levels over and over.

Guild Wars 2 was full of cheaters at launch.  I would hope they fixed most of their cheat detection by now.  The cheaters didn't really have a major impact on legitimate players in PvE.  They were like locusts and moved through areas in group and quickly.  It was easy enough to teleport somewhere else long enough to avoid them.  The game lacks depth, though.  After playing the first two maps for your race or any other race, it feels too repetitive.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

Well i play Gw2 from time to time and cheat. I use teleport hacks to get to vistas, waypoints or chests. I really dont have the time or nerves to run to them. It makes it easy. I could farm all chests in the world in 15min. But i dont  do that because its boring and they dont drop good stuff anyway. I could use instatn teleports in wvwvw to get away from pvp matches but i dont do that either. PvP is something thats holy ground for me. Well since Gw2 became a grinder its ok i think to use some for help. But i dont play much anyway and thats why i want to be efficient. If you value your real life time as something worth, you better cheat the heck out of any virtual world. Oh i even botted in Gw2 but not for long, because i think the electricity consumption is not worth it in that game. 

Well ive read that you could also use the tp hack in dungeons to teleport only to the bosses, like that instead making 180 tokens a hour, you would make 400-500 tokens. Thats almost half of what u need for a full equip. But i dont do that either. Otherwise i could stop completely play the game. Gw2 is a strange mmo anyway.  They talk big about choices and no grind, yet any smart guy knows how grindy the game really is.

Well not many use those cheats because you could get reported and banned- but im different- if they bann me ok- np.

Ive spend like 240h since release.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Spartan3088

Better stay away from online gaming then...... image

Unfortunaly there will alway's be wanna-be gamers sorry have no other explanation as too why some person would cheat in a game.

My advice is simply play games and not worry too much about cheaters, unless of course they make your whole game experiance rotten.

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96

Not sure about GW2, but D3 had a massive botting issue at one point. But I dont think its as lucrative as it used to be due to the lower playerbase and generally more educated users. The issue being the RMAH (real money auction house). The RMAH was an open invitation for account stealing and the risk reward ratio was skewed.

Saying that, don't let it spoil your fun, both games have their merits which can be enjoyed even if you have to deal with bots every now and then.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Can't speak for d3

But gw2 has some minor problems with hackers, I actually encountered more in gw2 than the supposedly "rife with hackers" planetside 2. Less than warhammer though. In fact none of these western mmos are that bad with hacks really.
    WoW has crazy botting issues at the moment. Battlegrounds are rife with them.

• Spartan3088Spartan3088 Member Posts: 35
    Wow as botting? Would of thought with the fee of the game they would shut that down
    Wow as botting? Would of thought with the fee of the game they would shut that down

Botters pay for subs too, you can see why this would make them reluctant. Also, the bans would come with a playerbase drop too.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Better stay away from online gaming then...... image

Unfortunaly there will alway's be wanna-be gamers sorry have no other explanation as too why some person would cheat in a game.

My advice is simply play games and not worry too much about cheaters, unless of course they make your whole game experiance rotten.

Why people cheat in general is because it makes the game easier, pve and pvp. Either try to destroy the door, storm up the tower, kill defenders and make it yours or jump over the wall and nuke through walls. Time difference of about 1h(Warhammer some years ago)

Cant really talk about GW2 but in D3 you not only have your "I dont have much time so I bot"people but because you can make money with the items (RMAH=Real Money Auction House) you also got mass bot users who run 10+ bots and make a living of it. But because D3 is more or less a singleplayer game anyway, the only bad thing the bots do is lower the prices in the AH.Bad for people who want the items to have value but good for people who just want to play the game. Which is actually a good thing for new people because they can buy stuff cheap and progress faster. You wont even see the bots in the game. You create your game, do your act3 alk run, quit, repeat. Worst thing that can happen is in public games when a bot is idle in town or just walks with the group and doesnt help much. It's annoying but they dont ruin your game because compared to games like WoW which only have one world, D3 resets the world whenever you create a new game(boss/creatures respawned). So even if they went for themselves and kill half the map, in 10min(after run) you have a whole new map. Even bots in pvp arent a problem, you cant destroy something that isnt there (that cellar wannabe pvp doesnt give you anything)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Just wanted to know if there were cheaters in these 2 games? From most of my past experience games without fees people always find out how to cheat and no one cares to stop it. I don't mind paying a fee if it keeps cheaters out.

Hate to break it to you, but literally ALL games have cheaters. Every last one. The real question is if it's enough to bother you.

Yes, both D3 and GW2 have cheaters. However they come in different forms.

D3's cheaters are much more likely to impede your gameplay.

GW2's cheaters primarily manifest in shady WvW exploits, or map glitches to run through dungeons faster. These exploits are constantly being dealt w/ by Anet, but given the popularity of the game, and how easy some of the maps are to exploit, I'm not sure this will ever fully go away. On the whole, I'd say that they don't really effect your enjoyment of the game much, outside of the occasional glitching thief in WvW that everyone reports.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

sadly, cheats are becoming more and more rare in games. In Diablo 2 there were cheat codes for god mode and a bunch of other stuff. In Doom, you could also have god mode...running through walls and seeing through them...all that kinda stuff.

These days, very few games have cheat codes. Its kinda sad to be honest...it just shows how linear they are. In Doom, every area was generated (hence why you could go through walls), but now it is all a backdrop. Only recent game I have that has tons of cheats is Skyrim.

As for Diablo 3 and GW2...no cheat codes at all. GW2 makes sense, since that is more of an MMO. But it is sad that Diablo 3 doesn't have anything like that, when Diablo 2 did. I remember in D2, I edited a maxed out character and pwned the game...

of course, when I did that for D2, I already played through it all like 6 or 7 times, and just wanted to have one last blow out and have a huge amount of fun.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul