Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I finally subbed

2»

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Grats, have fun.  Too bad you missed WoW when it had a sense of accomplishment which ended after the LK expansion.

New players will find plenty of accomplishment, it's us old dogs who have done it all and seen it all that find very little, dont forget that.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Grats, have fun.  Too bad you missed WoW when it had a sense of accomplishment which ended after the LK expansion.

New players will find plenty of accomplishment, it's us old dogs who have done it all and seen it all that find very little, dont forget that.

I think the attatchment to LK was pretty much because we knew Arthas from WC3. For most WC3XP player playing wow the story pretty much ended LK died. 

It's time for the baton to be passed to people who don't know that Warcraft is a strategy game.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• silverseed71silverseed71 Member Posts: 38
    I do apologize for my blanket statement of a community. I am enjoying the various aspects in the game. It is truly a beautiful game. I came from City of Heroes and enjoyed it as well. I felt the community is what made that game so much fun. I am beginning to meet folks and enjoy this one as well. I have tried EVE as well but dang! it's a lot harder to learn, but also a beaufitul graphics game. I am a SWG Vet and an original 1997 Ultima Online gamer. I hope this game is my new home!
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Welcome to the world of Azeroth.  Many here don't like us WoW players, but that's ok, they're just jealous of our game's awesomeness :)  It only has more people playing than all other MMOs combined...that's all :)
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Welcome to the world of Azeroth.  Many here don't like us WoW players, but that's ok, they're just jealous of our game's awesomeness :)  It only has more people playing than all other MMOs combined...that's all :)

I'm not jealous, it's just that you aren't actually better for playing WoW or worse for not doing so XD

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Magnetia

I'm not jealous, it's just that you aren't actually better for playing WoW or worse for not doing so XD

but we are awesome right?

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by sadWinds

I wanted to sub for 3 months but considering im having an active sub in tera, i decided to sub for a month lol. Am sick of my druid so i created a paladin, gonna lvl him as ret and prot(so sick of holy ^^). I've always settled on a pvp server but this time, rolled a new char on moonguard jst for a change lmao.

Anyways, hope u had fun ingame, cya xD.

i have to say op you are in a right game , none of these cheap copies on market can reach what blizzard have reached during the years with wow, ofc it a walk in the park right now with easymode everything but there is so much things to do, than just questing. and taking TERA fro example here heh let me laugh and hard cheap asian grindfest with no tab targeting? yea but your crosshair is still in the middle of the screen and you can move you just turn your camera whats the revolutionary in this?

it wasnt even from the start. so op im happy for you since there is none YET out that can take you in like wow can with massive lore behind aswell!

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Mm Wow players are ok, the community spirit is a bit suspect.  WOW is a  great levelling experience, but once you hit max level, well we all know about the 10 minute instances with no chat/LFR zerg and endless dailies to get underpar gear and the ultimate requirement to commit to a raiding schedule to get competitive gear.  You are confusing the number of people who have bought the game to the number playing online at the moment :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by Bladestrom

Mm Wow players are ok, the community spirit is a bit suspect.  WOW is a  great levelling experience, but once you hit max level, well we all know about the 10 minute instances with no chat/LFR zerg and endless dailies to get underpar gear and the ultimate requirement to commit to a raiding schedule to get competitive gear.  You are confusing the number of people who have bought the game to the number playing online at the moment :)

there is no commintment anymore with competitive guild runs as you can now run random fromed raios and in my experience as wow community calls them pugging and it sucks well for those random raids ive done they havent sucked, its been working niocely, so where the commintment? i can just hop in and que do something else while i wait and iff i go .

also wow community spirit? same spirit lies behind all the communities its just in different form. for example everyone ssays lotro have great community well in my experience there is no community at all, general chats are silent as grave and still often if one asks somehting hes geting the same bashing like if that person asks noobish questin in wow general chat channels.

this is just a territorial war between the games you liek and you hate in general ( you as player )

cheers

Originally posted by m0lly

there is no commitment anymore with competitive guild runs as you can now run random formed raids and in my experience as wow community calls them pugging and it sucks well for those random raids ive done they havent sucked, its been working nicely, so where the commitment? i can just hop in and que go do something else while i wait and off i go .

also wow community spirit? same spirit lies behind all the communities its just in different form. for example everyone says lotro have great community, well in my experience there is no community at all, general chat is silent as grave and still often if one asks something, hes getting the same bashing like if that person asks noobish question in wow general chat channels.

this is just a territorial war between the games one like and one hate in general.

cheers

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by m0lly

there is no commintment anymore with competitive guild runs as you can now run random fromed raios and in my experience as wow community calls them pugging and it sucks well for those random raids ive done they havent sucked, its been working niocely, so where the commintment? i can just hop in and que do something else while i wait and iff i go .

Not correct, random pugs do not give access to top tier gear or the full raiding experience, i.e the boss fights are tuned down to the a low level and even have skills removed because blizz know that pugs break up when there is a difficult encounter that can kill a raid too many times (well documented by Blizzard).  You can pop into a zerg LFR though.

also wow community spirit? same spirit lies behind all the communities its just in different form. for example everyone ssays lotro have great community well in my experience there is no community at all, general chats are silent as grave and still often if one asks somehting hes geting the same bashing like if that person asks noobish questin in wow general chat channels.

There are mmorg communities that are not full of Jaded and aggressive/offensive chatting.  If LORT community is lie that as well then agree that community is also fouled.  Its not ok just because other communties are the same.

this is just a territorial war between the games you liek and you hate in general ( you as player )

Indeed (its actually the corporate greed exhibited by Blizzard I hate)

cheers

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

Welcome to the world of Azeroth.

Don't forget to visit the real world from time to time in the next few years.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by silverseed71
    Why did I hate this game so bad? I never gave it a try. I had friends and friends try and get me to sub and I would try it but hate it. I had a coworker finally convince me to give it a real shot and I did and my daughter (she's 8) and I love the game. There are so many dynamics to the game. When I first tried the Gnome, I laughed and almost quit immediately but then I realized that it is sort of out there away from normal fantasy games but coming from CIty of Heroes, it is right on target. I just wanted to share. We love this game and as soon as I get my taxes back I will create a second account and get the $59.99 version!!!!

So you basically hated the game and didnt even tried it, right...

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

So you really think that the numbers define quality? and i thought the excelence always remained in small proportions, what a fool of me!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Varthander

So you really think that the numbers define quality? and i thought the excelence always remained in small proportions, what a fool of me!

He said WoW is awesome and that it has more people playing than other MMOs combined.

That said, even though I don't play it anymore, WoW really is "quality".

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Dude you will have best  mmo expirience ever. Trust me it is the most complete and most amazing mmo ever made. I was  8 years in this game and leveled all classes to 85 and 4 of them to 90. You have one amazing expirience on your way
  • dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by Varthander

So something can't be good if it's loved by many, and can only be good if it's loved by very few?

Do you honestly not realize what you're saying there? How far removed from any semblance of reality that line of thinking is?

The McDonalds analogy is very popular when talking about WoW, but very few realize how insane comparing a basic human need like food and how cheap and easy McD is, to shelling out montlhy for a luxury entertainment item.

Truly amazing how some minds work!