Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We all can't like the same game

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Dosen't matter if a game is the best ever made or the worst ever made there are always people who enjoy or hate it right.

A lot of people do like GW2 and some don't really like it at all and It's ok,  we dont twist the same way, we are all looking for that special flake MMO, but sadly that will never happend due to the simple fact that so many are so high on the self hype meter I doubt there will ever be a game that will have your glove fit perfectly.

For me GW2 is on the right track, is the best game ever made?, no not for a long shot but Anet dared to take a risk and for me it payed off, for some it didnt.

What I'm trying to say here is just try to emprace the change and cross your fingers that hopefully your dream MMO will be made.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Logic on the internet HOW DARE YOU GOOD SIR!
  • FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Dosen't matter if a game is the best ever made or the worst ever made there are always people who enjoy or hate it right.

A lot of people do like GW2 and some don't really like it at all and It's ok,  we dont twist the same way, we are all looking for that special flake MMO, but sadly that will never happend due to the simple fact that so many are so high on the self hype meter I doubt there will ever be a game that will have your glove fit perfectly.

For me GW2 is on the right track, is the best game ever made?, no not for a long shot but Anet dared to take a risk and for me it payed off, for some it didnt.

What I'm trying to say here is just try to emprace the change and cross your fingers that hopefully your dream MMO will be made.

Wonderfully logical and reasonable thread, but where it falls apart from me is judging by your actions in the GW2 forums, it seems ok for someone to not like a game, but if they do, you don't feel they have any right to discuss said dislike or their reasons why.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Wonderfully logical and reasonable thread, but where it falls apart from me is judging by your actions in the GW2 forums, it seems ok for someone to not like a game, but if they do, you don't feel they have any right to discuss said dislike or their reasons why.

Discussion is one thing and repetitiveness is another. If you look any so called discussion thread, there is no discussion going on its jsut bashing. But hey I am not knocking it actually no one can, its forum on the internet lol.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Tetris is a great game. Some like it, some hate it. And it's B2P, so you if you paid for it and feel scammed, remember that you can return to it whenever you want because it doesn't force a subscription on you.

End of the day, Tetris is not for everyone. Deal with it.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Tetris is a great game. Some like it, some hate it. And it's B2P, so you if you paid for it and feel scammed, remember that you can return to it whenever you want because it doesn't force a subscription on you.

I didn't know Tetris was a MMO ,,,,first time I've seen it discussed here

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322

I didn't personally get caught up in the hype train. I paid very little attention to GW2 news until after all the rave reviews came out after it was released, and I'm glad I did just that. I didn't have unreasonable expectations of the game and I have continued to enjoy my time with Guild Wars 2.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

due to the simple fact that so many are so high on the self hype meter I doubt there will ever be a game that will have your glove fit perfectly.

I think a lot of people on these forums expect their MMO to be like a second life. They want it to be realistic immersive etc. I personally find this desire for MMOs to be like rea life crazy. MMOs are meant to be games, not substitutes for real life.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by fivoroth

due to the simple fact that so many are so high on the self hype meter I doubt there will ever be a game that will have your glove fit perfectly.

I think a lot of people on these forums expect their MMO to be like a second life. They want it to be realistic immersive etc. I personally find this desire for MMOs to be like rea life crazy. MMOs are meant to be games, not substitutes for real life.

I agree with this statement. I remember seeing people bashing the game for lack of things to do at end game a month after it was out. I thought this was a legitimate concern except some of the same people also listed their playtime and it was a lot of hours invested in a game that was fairly new still. I won't knock people for wanting a second life in their MMO's though because that's their taste. I found games that took that amout of  time investment enjoyable as well but don't judge other games against that.

While the game lacks the depth and carrots that other MMO's offer, I have spent quite a lot of time in the game and still enjoy it for what it is instead of complaining about what it isn't. Unfortunately others don't share this outlook and feel the need to tell those that are stil having fun how delusional and wrong we are.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

Why bother to post such a senseless post????

If you love to play GW2 then great for you..  Is it really necesary to come on here and defend it? Because if so you must have some feeling deep inside that what you are doing is wrong.

Good luck with that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Realistic in an eviromental/ecology sense, also what's wrong with a game being immersive? We're talking about RPG's here, not tetris.

The only other thing I could think you're misconstruing would be player run environments like EVE, UO, SWG etc... I can't say I find it crazy people would like to see more games like those.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by Distopia

Realistic in an eviromental/ecology sense, also what's wrong with a game being immersive? We're talking about RPG's here, not tetris.

The only other thing I could think you're misconstruing would be player run environments like EVE, UO, SWG etc... I can't say I find it crazy people would like to see more games like those.

Those games required a second life to be good at the economy aspect. RPG or not, it's still digital entertainment. I think some are trying to lose themselves inside  the game. Made sense 15 years ago when we were young and dumb...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Bossalinie

Those games required a second life to be good at the economy aspect. RPG or not, it's still digital entertainment. I think some are trying to lose themselves inside  the game. Made sense 15 years ago when we were young and dumb...

Didn't take that much time in SWG as an example, log in, check a harvestor, retrieve stock from manufacturing locations, set a macro,walk away. Log off when you wake up (if need be).  I spent no more time in that game than I do today, I had no more free time in 03 than I do now. I'd say it's easier to play casually in that type of game, considering you set your own goals.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

It may make sense to you again in thirty years time when you are retired and bored,

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    cross my fingers and embrace change? id rather keep my fist in the air.
  • travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by dimnikar
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

I didn't know Tetris was a MMO ,,,,first time I've seen it discussed here

[mod edit]

+1 ... I,m a grumpy old bastard but that made me laugh.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Didn't take that much time in SWG as an example, log in, check a harvestor, retrieve stock from manufacturing locations, set a macro,walk away. Log off when you wake up (if need be).  I spent no more time in that game than I do today, I had no more free time in 03 than I do now. I'd say it's easier to play casually in that type of game, considering you set your own goals.

I have to agree with Bossalinie here, in order to really see and feel the real game in say EvE you need to get into a serious Corp out in low sec space, thats where the intrigue and drama is in EvE and that requiares dedication, just logging in doing a few mission runs, some mining, stick a few bits in manufacturing and sell a few bits is not really playing the game and even though I loved EvE I'm not willing to dedicate my life to a computer game. Some players do, they want to build houses, fortresses, fight over land, be able to craft everything in game and these types of games need dedication on a level that the majority of players cannot give or will not give thus making them niche. But because they haven't a quality true fantasy home they trawl the forums trying to force all other games into one.

What you suggest Distopia is playing a sandbox open world game solo get into any longterm group content ie player cities as in SWG you need to have dedicated players to look after those plces and make the feel alive but what was the reality? loads of dead cities all over SWG as players cannot dedicate their life to a video game.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by travamars

Why bother to post such a senseless post????

If you love to play GW2 then great for you..  Is it really necesary to come on here and defend it? Because if so you must have some feeling deep inside that what you are doing is wrong.

Good luck with that.

A lot of us say  the same thing to those who hate the game and come here to bash it, .... again and again and again and again.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Truth. Most people grew up and see it for what it was/got RL. Games some people ask for are so ultra niche that not even indie companies make em any more.

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

actuallly....

anyone around who does NOT like tetris?

just checkin :)

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

You know, you should take your own advice....

/pull post history...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2/11/09

Don't bash the carebears hardcore war pvpers, heres som news for ya, the entire game is a bigfat carebear pvp mmo.

12/13/08

Im hoping for  both games to succeed becuse im so damn friggin tired of all the themepark MMO's outhere.

3/9/09

I take it you are like 14-15years old?

3/2/10

That there is so many rabit fanboy defending this game when a  whole MMO commuity says otherwise.

Granted the game was fun for the first 2weeks and yes i'm a startrek fan, it was fun at first with all the startrek stuff and looks, but after my second week i really got fed up with it and yes you all read why people get fed up with this game so i wont post it.

I am so damn mad over Cryptic/Atari for putting out such a joke of a game, they basicly labled players as dumb retards.

I really hope this game crash and burn fast and i fear it will.

And that was from just a quick glance.

Really dude, you are one of the LAST posters on this forum that should be giving  lessons in forum civility. But it is interesting to see you change your attitude once it's your game being bashed. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by ktanner3

You know, you should take your own advice....

/pull post history...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2/11/09

Don't bash the carebears hardcore war pvpers, heres som news for ya, the entire game is a bigfat carebear pvp mmo.

12/13/08

Im hoping for  both games to succeed becuse im so damn friggin tired of all the themepark MMO's outhere.

3/9/09

I take it you are like 14-15years old?

3/2/10

That there is so many rabit fanboy defending this game when a  whole MMO commuity says otherwise.

Granted the game was fun for the first 2weeks and yes i'm a startrek fan, it was fun at first with all the startrek stuff and looks, but after my second week i really got fed up with it and yes you all read why people get fed up with this game so i wont post it.

I am so damn mad over Cryptic/Atari for putting out such a joke of a game, they basicly labled players as dumb retards.

I really hope this game crash and burn fast and i fear it will.

And that was from just a quick glance.

Really dude, you are one of the LAST posters on this forum that should be giving  lessons in forum civility. But it is interesting to see you change your attitude once it's your game being bashed. Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

Gotta love the post history posters who tuse it to make a point.

Besides GW2 is not your typical themepark game now is it.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Yeah no one likes being judged by their previous actions. We should all just be judged on whatever we say in the moment. Screw hypocricy !
  • dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Yeah, loving the irony of this post after having GW2 supporters invade my WOW communities with their second-coming spam and incessant wow bashing.

No sympathies here, buddy.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Yeah no one likes being judged by their previous actions. We should all just be judged on whatever we say in the moment. Screw hypocricy !

Hahaha!!!

+1

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Depends on the dates is it not?