Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF - Crafters MMO

alansimm29alansimm29 Member Posts: 1

I'm really trying to find an MMO that has a strong crafting presence.  I would like to just craft all day long and not have to go out and kill stuff to have fun.  I have played some MMO that say you can do this.... but only if you have a high level toon to farm for you.  Anyone know of an MMO like that?  I'm hoping that the upcoming MMO (ArchAge) will fill this desire but it's not out yet.

Past MMO I have played, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, WoW, LotRO, Planetside2, DCCO, GW, GW2, D&DO, CoH, SWG, SWToR

Comments

• brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Wurm Online is one of the most robust crafting games I know, and you don't need to do any fighting (combat is actually a pretty minor part of the game). Faeran did a nice teader trailer for the game that gives a nice overview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cxSN5zRarI

Vanguard & Everquest 2 both have rich crafting though you will need a character high enough to collect resources at higher levels.  Istaria (nee Horizons), Ryzom, Uncharted Waters Online all had interesting and very deep crafting systems, especially Istaria. Tale in the Desert is one I have not tried myself but always makes the "crafting MMO" lists.

Although it is singleplayer and not an MMO, I am currently enjoying very much a little indie wilderness/crafting/survival game called Wayward, info here:  http://www.unlok.ca/category/wayward/

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

If you are like me and want a really robust crafting system, you are going to have to wait in line with me. There are no AAA mmo's with good crafting. I haven't tried a few systems like Wurm and some of the older ones, but I can tell you that crafting is an afterthought in all of the newer mmo's. It isn't worth the time to craft since there is no decay, and the loot drops are better than the crafted armor.

A lot of folks will recommend vanguard and EQ2, but they are mini game systems where you have to sit and spam buttons to craft. If that is something you would like, it might be for you.  The two games that I would recommend are Lotro and Fallen Earth. Both have decent systems.

• MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127

A Tale in the Desert

Non stop crafting, lots of drama, small player base, no combat and its an old game.

Free to download and play for 24 hours, then its P2P.

• brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94

hmm yes all of the games you listed as having tried, are all high polished / high graphics mainstream "AAA" MMOs and I have not seen any of those where crafters are considered "equal citizens" with combat oriented players.  

• WindamereWindamere Member UncommonPosts: 75

Nothing online today compares to the deep intensity of the crafting in

www.wurmonline.com

The point that first intrigued me about Wurm online was being able to terraform the land itself. Then the intensity of building your very own house.

Train 133 Skills, 10 Player Characteristics, and 3 Religion Characteristics.

gathering skills to collect materials needed for crafting and the crafting skills itself.

Pretty robust community of 1500+ logged on daily

With the release of Multi-story housing on 12/12/12 it's only gotten better.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    What they really need in an MMO is group crafting.  So long as crafting can be done by a single player, the rewards will be lousy.  If crafting required a team effort -- someone on the bellows, someone handling the enchantment, someone forging the actual blade, someone leading the team, etc.  then it could have rewards that made the items worth using.
  • megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    EvE Online.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Give Fallen Earth a shot...You can craft and gather as much as you like and its an important part of the game...Its also f2p and has a pretty good community to boot (and the graphics are light years better than Wurm).....
  • BellaHBellaH Member UncommonPosts: 269

You might try Age of Wushu or there are many browser/text based games that are very crafting oriented. Perhaps try Amaranthine.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

One of the most intensive crafting systems ever developed for a MMO - Vanguard

http://vanguardvault.ign.com/wiki/index.php/Crafting_Overview

There is a full 50 levels of crafting independant of adventuring levels.