Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BSOD, word of warning.

So first off to get it out of the way, yes I did somewhat enjoy the game. It was a very nice, little brainless time waster, to do while doing something else.

Now that, that's out of the way. I'm not sure if it is Creative sound cards, or specifically X-Fi cards (I use a X-Fi), but if you use the X-Fi you will encounter BSOD, I have on multiple occasions.

It seemed that the work around they posted had worked, but unfortunately the work around does not work. At least it works about 70% of the time. I do not enjoy a blue screen so I have uninstalled for now, at this time.

The more I'm around the forums on this site, the more bitter I become.

Comments

• painhelmetpainhelmet Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I had the same problem, tried the fix to no avail (temp fix like you seemed to have).   Dug a little deeper and someone suggested uninstalling all the creative labs software that comes along with X-Fi cards.  20 hours later not a single BSOD (when they were initially occuring every hour or two).  Give it a try. Hope it helps.
  • Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Seems to me like alot of problems are arising from this particular game. My son is playing it and has had no problems so far, but then his Laptop does not use Creative products. Anything else about the ISP attacks lately?
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    I had a repeatable crash on my Audigy card, but using the workaround seems to have stopped it.   Creative's drivers are notoriously awful though, so I am not terribly surprised.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I agree with that. Creative's driver updates are 2 years behind.
  • KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Creative soundcard drivers have always been hit/miss most of the time. As for the software they send with their devices, its always been crappy. It's something I'd always avoid installing, or uninstall when able to do so.