Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

feels like launch week in here heh

13»

Comments

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Why is it that people only play this game on patch days?
  • ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by dimnikar
    Why is it that people only play this game on patch days?

Except they don't, the population has been steady for the last six weeks.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Why would anyone feel the need to show that a game is not dying? image

In any case, GW 2 is so last year. No one cares anymore.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Yamota

It will be nice to see you move on then ...thanks for all your valuable input

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Wow, a patch causes people to play and try out new content? Wow, I'd never suspect that ever, except in every single MMO I've played with even some mild interest... /facepalm
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

I have moved on but it is annoying to see these defend threads popping up all the time. They are just pathetic and look like aome people are trying to get attention to a game which most people have moved on from and dont care about anymore.

Since it is B2P even I pop in from time to time to do some PvP but overall I just dont care anymore. I am looking forward to 2013 and something beside boring ThemePakrs to come to the genre.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

I have moved on but it is annoying to see these defend threads popping up all the time. They are just pathetic and look like aome people are trying to get attention to a game which most people have moved on from and dont care about anymore.

Since it is B2P even I pop in from time to time to do some PvP but overall I just dont care anymore. I am looking forward to 2013 and something beside boring ThemePakrs to come to the genre.

LOL its anoying to see a person who has moved on to come to a forum just to post negitivity just do it out of spite.

Pot meet Kettle  =(

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Obviously you do care, why else would you bother to come back and post a bunch of pointless comments that don’t add to the conversation?

Back to the OP’s observations, I too noted that there was a massive increase in player population.  For the first time in months I was actually in a over-flow zone!

A few weeks ago someone at ArenaNet posted a few comments about Guild Wars 2 being dead that I found very interesting.  I don’t remember where so I am not going to post a link I will simply paraphrase what I remember of that post. 

The interest in Guild Wars 2 far exceed their (NCSoft & ArenaNet) wildest dreams and sales estimates.  The retain rate was also higher than expected.  They did see a drop off after a month or so, however since then there has been an actual increase in the number of players logging in each day and sales continue to be strong. 

To sum it up, Guild Wars 2 is not dead.  It is alive and growing.  I admit that since the release of Guild Wars 2 there have been no games (of any note) released.  When a major game is released we will get to see (with interest) if the growth of the game continues.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by kzaske

Obviously you do care, why else would you bother to come back and post a bunch of pointless comments that don’t add to the conversation?

Back to the OP’s observations, I too noted that there was a massive increase in player population.  For the first time in months I was actually in a over-flow zone!

A few weeks ago someone at ArenaNet posted a few comments about Guild Wars 2 being dead that I found very interesting.  I don’t remember where so I am not going to post a link I will simply paraphrase what I remember of that post. 

The interest in Guild Wars 2 far exceed their (NCSoft & ArenaNet) wildest dreams and sales estimates.  The retain rate was also higher than expected.  They did see a drop off after a month or so, however since then there has been an actual increase in the number of players logging in each day and sales continue to be strong. 

To sum it up, Guild Wars 2 is not dead.  It is alive and growing.  I admit that since the release of Guild Wars 2 there have been no games (of any note) released.  When a major game is released we will get to see (with interest) if the growth of the game continues.

Wayfarer hit overflow for me yesterday which i haven't seen in a very long while.. LA is always overflow but has been for awhile. Anyway it will be interesting to see how things go with the slew of new games coming this year plenty of ones I'm really looking forward to. If ANET can keep up with the changes and adding content i think it will still do pretty well, but we shall see:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

This just can't be.

According to all the self proclaimed "experts" of this very forum, the game is dying and the servers are empty.

You seeing other players online in massive numbers is simply impossible.

I am glad for the 200K players playing still and enjoying it.

I have to ask, and maybe someone already did and I just didn't read past this) but where did ths number come from?  I'm assuming that it is an estimate, so I'm wondering what data you use to extrapolate this number?

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    I burned out in the first 2 months by playing close to 400 hours in the first 6 weeks or so. Took a couple of months off and now I am back at it again. Trying to stay down to a reasonable 40 hours a week or so though LOL

I miss DAoC

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    What exactly is the point of this thread? Every MMO sees a population spike immediately after a big patch, especially event-based ones like this. It says nothing about the game's consistent population as the influx of players will disappear again after a few days...
    Originally posted by Alberel
    What exactly is the point of this thread? Every MMO sees a population spike immediately after a big patch, especially event-based ones like this. It says nothing about the game's consistent population as the influx of players will disappear again after a few days...

point was the goal of ANET in this patch and the ones to follow was to get players playing in differn't zones and not just hanging out in the last couple zones and around LA... so far this patch has done that..  population didn't need an influx as there are and has been plenty of people in this game what the game did need was more incentives for higher levels to play lower level zones and this has been a good step in the right direction.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by Betaguy

This just can't be.

According to all the self proclaimed "experts" of this very forum, the game is dying and the servers are empty.

I am glad for the 200K players playing still and enjoying it.

I have to ask, and maybe someone already did and I just didn't read past this) but where did ths number come from?  I'm assuming that it is an estimate, so I'm wondering what data you use to extrapolate this number?

It is an extrapolation based on his desires.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Made an Asuran Guardian this weekend. Asura starting zone was packed. There was a group of about 50 of us running around doing DEs. I hate to break it to all the haters, but this game isnt dying anytime soon.
  • vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125

You do know there are like 10 players in each screenshot right?

So we know there were around 10 players killing a event boss in GW2, and we also know some people who stilling playing it  think its a big enough thing and worth to start a new thread with screenshots to prove it. You did prove something i guess..

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

This just can't be.

I don't think anyone actually thinks the game's dying or the server are empty, I do think people are saying the game's leveling model does not hold up well when the vast majority of your population is no longer leveling... because, well... it doesn't.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

well looks like so far patch is doing what they wanted Wayfarer and Diessa are packed with people.  Did todays daily in 20 min just walking around in Wayfarer and in the northwestern area of Dissea there's the miner area where you have tons of dead miners to revive.

Ummm yeah, that must be more then 20 players there ...

Here is a scrren from last week, from a old grandmother seemly doing better ^^

http://i48.tinypic.com/nf0cba.jpg

as i said before i couldn't zoom out any further to get everyone in the shot but population wasn't really the point of the thread.. whatever...

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    as i said before i couldn't zoom out any further to get everyone in the shot but population wasn't really the point of the thread.. whatever...

I'm in 100% agreement with this thread.  I didn't come back for the halloween or xmas event, but the living story grabbed me. I finished the achievment and can't wait for it to progress.  I'm seeing people all over the place ... much more than the last time I played.  This is a good sign for GW2.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

You are forgetting that with GW2 culling you wont see half the players there. :)

And it isn't only in that place that day.

And you can even do some nice DEs with 3-4 other people in out of the way places like Brisban Wildlands.

All pics from a morning session today.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders