Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile Pay 2 Win? No!

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

I just want to make it clear since most F2P Games are P2W.. This game is 100% free no buying the game no sub but also all the market items are cosmetics. No Pay 2 Win in anyway... To make it more crazy the game has 25 Character Slots then you can buy each extra for like $2.50.

So I just felt like I had to share this information as a lot of people these days are like oh god a F2P game I wonder how much "gear" I can buy heh..

Anyway's check it out and make sure you do throw money at the company. Their amazing they done an amazing job and if you were a old Diablo player who disliked Diablo 3 or eh even liked it I will guarantee you will love this!

SNIP

Comments

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

All cash shop games are P2W and this is due to the fundamental design of monetizing game mechanics.  PoE is just a lot more fair than most, since they have stayed away from the basic game mechanics.  I just wonder how long will they be able to stay with type of cash shop. 

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by thinktank001

All cash shop games are P2W and this is due to the fundamental design of monetizing game mechanics.  PoE is just a lot more fair than most, since they have stayed away from the basic game mechanics.  I just wonder how long will they be able to stay with type of cash shop. 

You make it sounds like its only time. Takes most the day of and others the week / month of. Even interviews it was pretty much over Chris's dead body :P

SNIP

• The_OddlerThe_Oddler Member UncommonPosts: 23

Yes, and I love it!

Actually, I've never even considered buying anything from a cash shop, but I am now. Just because the devs seem very good guys who genuinely care about the game they are making and I want to reward that. No pay-to-win makes we want to pay them :D

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Yeah like game wont have 3rd party site that sell best gear with rl money. same as D2...

just few month and ppl run with buyed gear.

Originally posted by The_Oddler

Yes, and I love it!

Actually, I've never even considered buying anything from a cash shop, but I am now. Just because the devs seem very good guys who genuinely care about the game they are making and I want to reward that. No pay-to-win makes we want to pay them :D

Exactly, I always hated the day Item Malls started to show up in games and then more greedy games where you Buy the game pay a month sub and then sell more items ontop of it jesus... But a company who does not charge for their game nor a sub nor anything that makes the game unfair is a new step in my books and in the right steps. Not even shortcut items no exp pots nothing. 

I wish more companies were like this at least the ones that don't want to charge a sub and the ones that due need to be more like RIFT where they actually come out with content more then once a year.

SNIP

• killamjlkillamjl Member UncommonPosts: 27

Theres nothing to "WIN" in this game.  Its just pay to waste money.

But its an okay game, I played it......in the year 2001

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Yes, and I love it!

yep, I actually bought the premium stash tabs twice now, I have never bought a single thing in a F2P game until now.  I didnt really need to get the stash tabs, but I figured I am really enjoying this game and wanted to support the Devs some.  I would also purchase different sexes for classes if they add that to the shops, really want a male witch or ranger

Originally posted by killamjl

is there anything to "WIN" in any game?  Every game is pay to waste money and time.  Difference here is you dont have to pay a dime to get complete game, and access to everything.

as for 2001, I dont remember any ARPG this good then, and that includes the beloved Diablo 2.

Why not go play Tera then and come back and tell us some more of your midlife crisis that you experienced.

SNIP

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by kanechart

Why not go play Tera then and come back and tell us some more of your midlife crisis that you experienced.

ouch

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Not PoE's!

Originally posted by Myrdynn

Yes, and I love it!

yep, I actually bought the premium stash tabs twice now, I have never bought a single thing in a F2P game until now.  I didnt really need to get the stash tabs, but I figured I am really enjoying this game and wanted to support the Devs some.  I would also purchase different sexes for classes if they add that to the shops, really want a male witch or ranger

Only my second F2P game cash shop purchase. The premium tabs are a must have!

You think you did. This game has D2 beat in graphics & map size. It also innovates with a currency barter system and new health/mana pot mechanics. D2 will always be one of the top ARPGs of all time, but the torch has been passed onto PoE now.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 407
    There really isnt any game overpowering items in the mall. Thats not to say there never will be. But atm there arent and its nice the game is well made FUN to play LOVE the barter system and all in all one of the best releases/open beta's of a game in a long time. not super smooth but smooth enough the servers didnt crash and people could play

Originally posted by jpnole

You think you did. This game has D2 beat in graphics & map size. It also innovates with a currency barter system and new health/mana pot mechanics. D2 will always be one of the top ARPGs of all time, but the torch has been passed onto PoE now.

Hey Jerk! Don't forget skill gems and Passive Skill Tree ;) Yes used in FF Games but still amazing and no other games really bothered to go that way.

SNIP

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166

Yes, and I love it!

Well since these kinds of games always boil down to "he who dies with the most toys wins" I'd say you just blew Kanechart's assertion right out of the water. So sorry but the player who has the biggest bank stuffed full of shiny crap is the winner.

Not to mention glowey weapons. Could you really ever claim that any high level badass was really a true badass if he didn't have a glowey weapon? I sure can't.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Yes, and I love it!

Well since these kinds of games always boil down to "he who dies with the most toys wins" I'd say you just blew Kanechart's assertion right out of the water. So sorry but the player who has the biggest bank stuffed full of shiny crap is the winner.

Not to mention glowey weapons. Could you really ever claim that any high level badass was really a true badass if he didn't have a glowey weapon? I sure can't.

the trolls are sure pathetic around here

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Yes, and I love it!

the trolls are sure pathetic around here

Might want to have your sense of humor checked. Its seems to have burned out.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• ter234ter234 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by kanechart

Uh  i dont get what his fail trolling attempt has to do with Tera...

Im actually a big fan of Tera and i think PoE is the best ARPG i ever played (and yes i like it more then any Diablo)

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    Yeah like game wont have 3rd party site that sell best gear with rl money. same as D2...just few month and ppl run with buyed gear.

Obviously PoE already has black-market RMT, and will continue to do so as long as the game is popular, but it seems a little intellectually dishonest to describe a game as "pay 2 win" due to the actions of those players who deliberately violate the terms of service to buy and sell items for real money.

"Pay 2 win", to me, implies that you can pay money to "win" as part of the game design. Not that you can pay money to win if you are willing to violate the TOS and risk a banhammer.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    very few games are P2W , people like to play make believe when it comes to this concept
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    very few games are P2W , people like to play make believe when it comes to this concept

P2W is a business model,  F2P is a concept.   Companies make money by allowing players to purchase advantages through their cash shop.  F2P could be a business model, but there hasn't been a single company that has allowed players entire access to a game for free and sought after another source of revenue. 

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

i say every game you have to BUY is pay to win.

you cannot win when you dont own the game, can you? eg you have to PAY TO WIN.

next topic? :)

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

paying for power is pay 2 win the things that get called p2w 99% of the time on forums are not paying for power. If the game can sell you a weapon or some other thing that makes you measurably better than the other player especially in pvp that is P2W. Calling it a business model is totally false its a expression that people who really like subcription models toss around cause it gives them an excuse to bash a game.

A huge amount of concepts gamers use on forums are patently false and do no exist anywhere else other than in the minds of angry children.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Dampyre

paying for power is pay 2 win the things that get called p2w 99% of the time on forums are not paying for power. If the game can sell you a weapon or some other thing that makes you measurably better than the other player especially in pvp that is P2W. Calling it a business model is totally false its a expression that people who really like subcription models toss around cause it gives them an excuse to bash a game.

A huge amount of concepts gamers use on forums are patently false and do no exist anywhere else other than in the minds of angry children.

Pay to Win is very much a business model. The model is: we let competitive players  win against other competitive players in relevant competitions if they purchase stuff from us and through this we will increase our earnings significantely.