Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

most innovative feature to com eyet for AA.I

archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

You knwo how those western mmo developers say you  can only have 2 factions red vs blue or in case of daoc or even elder scrolls online have 3 factions and thats it?

Well let me tell you something that makes this game above  even the elder scroll online and even surpass daoc 3 factio system.

In future patch AA will have player create factio thats right, Unlimited player create faction.

Right now you have 3 factions npc, but in the future patch players can create their own faction no limitation.

How many mmorpg do you know lets you create your own factions?? HUMM? :p

No more 2 factions or 3 factions in an mmorpg.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    could be interesting. I would like to see what other systems they put in place to go along with this. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    I was under the impression that already went live, since the northern guild contested continent was in the OBT, with siege battles tested previously in CBT.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

they are adding in more features, upgrading existing ones.

player creater factions and more otions upcoming.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by archeageking
    You knwo how those western mmo developers say you  can only have 2 factions red vs blue or in case of daoc or even elder scrolls online have 3 factions and thats it?  Well let me tell you something that makes this game above  even the elder scroll online and even surpass daoc 3 factio system. In future patch AA will have player create factio thats right, Unlimited player create faction. Right now you have 3 factions npc, but in the future patch players can create their own faction no limitation. How many mmorpg do you know lets you create your own factions?? HUMM? :pNo more 2 factions or 3 factions in an mmorpg.

When your getting into this "micro faction system" what is the differences between a guild then?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SinsNotLiesSinsNotLies Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Nitth

You knwo how those western mmo developers say you  can only have 2 factions red vs blue or in case of daoc or even elder scrolls online have 3 factions and thats it?

Well let me tell you something that makes this game above  even the elder scroll online and even surpass daoc 3 factio system.

In future patch AA will have player create factio thats right, Unlimited player create faction.

Right now you have 3 factions npc, but in the future patch players can create their own faction no limitation.

When your getting into this "micro faction system" what is the differences between a guild then?

This is what I'd like to know as well. Does the player factions get anything special that a guild doesn't get?

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

It seems to be more like an 'Alliance' of sort than simply a guild.

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

It seems to be more like an 'Alliance' of sort than simply a guild.

It works well in games, Darkfall 1.0 would be a good example. There were only player created factions, although a better word for them would be alliances. You have guilds that change between alliances though.

I'm not sure how it is supposed to work in ArcheAge, but the player created faction idea has been done before in other games and it works really well, it's just those games call them alliances.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

I think you need more air quotes around "future patch"

How many games have promised things in a future patch and never delivered on it or delivered on it but years in advance?  Until this is actually implemnted I wouldnt assume its coming, thats a good way to be disapointed.  Also note player crated / run factions have been around for ever take a look into nexus kingdom of the winds it came out in like 1995 with player run factions.. 

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I think the repopulation does this as well.

good stuff.

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

Why would you want more than 3 factions? 

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

neocron did this about 10 years ago.

but if you think this is innovative, who am i to judge *G*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Doesn't EVE already do this ? Just through alliances, isnt that sort of a faction when you start to own null-sec space >-<?
  • SygrisSygris Member Posts: 26

what i know about this system is, that you need a certain amount of land claims(not sure how many) on the northern continent. afterwards, you will be able to turn your guild into a faction, and this player created faction will be able to invite all races from the npc factions.

that's all i know about this, there may be more.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Shadowbane had this in 2003

I hope this game will be similar

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

yea its crazy why havent devs give the tools for players to create their own factino its insane for the past 10 years.

it boggles my mind. 

Why even have 2 static factions or even 3 factios anymore. This is a brilliant idea. Give the players the tools needed to create their own factions, for crying out loud.

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322

yea its crazy why havent devs give the tools for players to create their own factino its insane for the past 10 years.

it boggles my mind. 

Why even have 2 static factions or even 3 factios anymore. This is a brilliant idea. Give the players the tools needed to create their own factions, for crying out loud.

Um, EvE did this from the start, there are other games that allow for player alliances (factions if you want to call it that). So tell us how exactly this is any different from what other games have been doing for years now?

I don't think anyone here is arguing that this is a bad feature, but it has been done before.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by SinsNotLies

This is what I'd like to know as well. Does the player factions get anything special that a guild doesn't get?

In AA, a "guild" can have only players of the same faction (that is race based), while a faction can recruit players of any race/continent/faction.

If there is anything else, IDK,

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by boxsnd

Why would you want more than 3 factions? 

More space to politics, diplomacy, warfare and pvp.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by ghoul31

Shadowbane had this in 2003

I hope this game will be similar

shadowbane was the first mmo i thought of when i read the Ops post

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

About 5, off the top of my head. 

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

AKA Free For All.

Been done plenty of times and failed every single time.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165

Can you give a source for this?

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube