Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well played Snail

Just an update i thought i would inform you in light of a new change a patch introduced.

Whether it's for the better I'll let you decide. Remember my thread where i had trouble making money? I knew there was something off about making money as a new player! I knew it wasn't me. Recent changes have made it so free players can only receive a MAXIMUM of 1 unbound liang per kidnap. This is confirmed on the forums. If you're VIP the restriction goes away...this doesn't really bother me as I will probably sub monthly since its a good game but those without cash IRL might feel the repercussions.

Well played snail. Thoughts?

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

well i wont sub and i wont play in snails. I ahve a account fully free , no restircions but i rarely play. THe game feels fresh in the beginning but is a huge grind when u think about it. And i mean a really really huge grind.  You need like 1 year to play non stop to master your skills. That design is typical from a korean grinder. And offline cultivations just proves it that there is a huge grind.

Ty, but no ty.

I ahve gw2, even if its boring some times, i have no grind there. And dont forget all great f2p games taht are coming.

Why should we care about this one? Everything is scripted there, EVERYTHING. But i feels great in the beginning, i agree. The combat is just a lil bit clunky. If they had fps combat, i think this game would be a real crusher.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

Just an update i thought i would inform you in light of a new change a patch introduced.

Whether it's for the better I'll let you decide. Remember my thread where i had trouble making money? I knew there was something off about making money as a new player! I knew it wasn't me. Recent changes have made it so free players can only receive a MAXIMUM of 1 unbound liang per kidnap. This is confirmed on the forums. If you're VIP the restriction goes away...this doesn't really bother me as I will probably sub monthly since its a good game but those without cash IRL might feel the repercussions.

Hmm, I heard someone saying that they were hardly making anything kidnapping. I never felt like it was good source of income to begin with, but it was income. The best way by far to make money outside of script steal is to work your profession.

Good and bad with the way the system worked. It was free 10-14L, but I'm sure it was putting 100,000s of silver into the system over several days. 

I'd say raise a stink about it on the forums. They changed other things for the community. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by exile01

well i wont sub and i wont play in snails. I ahve a account fully free , no restircions but i rarely play. THe game feels fresh in the beginning but is a huge grind when u think about it. And i mean a really really huge grind.  You need like 1 year to play non stop to master your skills. That design is typical from a korean grinder. And offline cultivations just proves it that there is a huge grind.

Ty, but no ty.

I ahve gw2, even if its boring some times, i have no grind there. And dont forget all great f2p games taht are coming.

Why should we care about this one? Everything is scripted there, EVERYTHING. But i feels great in the beginning, i agree. The combat is just a lil bit clunky. If they had fps combat, i think this game would be a real crusher.

1st color I thought you may have just been a newb not out the tutorial, because you're off on that by about 11 months and 2 weeks...

but the last paragraph let me know don't even bother.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

well i wont sub and i wont play in snails. I ahve a account fully free , no restircions but i rarely play. THe game feels fresh in the beginning but is a huge grind when u think about it. And i mean a really really huge grind.  You need like 1 year to play non stop to master your skills. That design is typical from a korean grinder. And offline cultivations just proves it that there is a huge grind.

Ty, but no ty.

First of all let me counter this by saying the grind is relatively light compared to other games that lack things like offline cultivation, etc. Furthermore I started the game without paying a dime around 6-7 days ago and yesterday I was actually robbing carts, man! You know what that means? I was taking down players with martial intuition and flows with chi and I don't even know how. At some point I survived a 2v1 -- and I'm only lvl 20 internal! Taking on lvl 25-30 guys!

That tells me that the combat does not have a lot of grind. You can be PvP viable in a month. Also there's nothing to grind on e.g mobs since they don't give exp. 

Why should we care about AoW? Well the same reason I can't stand playing GW2 I simply refuse to play a themepark. AoW has way more sandbox features than GW2 or any game  really F2P or otherwise (except EVE). 

There's a reason why people got bored with GW2 a long time ago. And ironically for the same reason you stated against AoW. GW2 is in fact scripted, not AoW. 

It's fresh. Its original. Hop on it. 

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I missed this update, the patch notes are where?  I want an official notice, not something by a random player.
  • DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    I missed this update, the patch notes are where?  I want an official notice, not something by a random player.

You're not going to get one. Test it out and deal with it. Everything I say is backed by empirical evidence. 

There was a thread on the forum which is apparently deleted.

NON VIP GET MAX 1L UNBOUND

• theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Alamareth

You're not going to get one. Test it out and deal with it. Everything I say is backed by empirical evidence. 

There was a thread on the forum which is apparently deleted.

NON VIP GET MAX 1L UNBOUND

I believe I found the thread you are referring to on the AOW forums, but it's so far one player claiming this, no unofficial nor official confirmation from anyone else.

I personally don't do any kidnapping in game, because in my experience there are far more lucrative methods to earn unbound silver, such as selling gathered/crafted/looted items to other players and playing the market.

In that same thread someone is talking about a future gold trader npc, which will let you convert your in game earned silver to unbound silver, gold, and even VIP subs. No confirmation on that either, since none of us knows what features of the Chinese servers we will see or won't see in the US.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

Ty, but no ty.

First of all let me counter this by saying the grind is relatively light compared to other games that lack things like offline cultivation, etc. Furthermore I started the game without paying a dime around 6-7 days ago and yesterday I was actually robbing carts, man! You know what that means? I was taking down players with martial intuition and flows with chi and I don't even know how. At some point I survived a 2v1 -- and I'm only lvl 20 internal! Taking on lvl 25-30 guys!

That tells me that the combat does not have a lot of grind. You can be PvP viable in a month. Also there's nothing to grind on e.g mobs since they don't give exp. 

Why should we care about AoW? Well the same reason I can't stand playing GW2 I simply refuse to play a themepark. AoW has way more sandbox features than GW2 or any game  really F2P or otherwise (except EVE). 

There's a reason why people got bored with GW2 a long time ago. And ironically for the same reason you stated against AoW. GW2 is in fact scripted, not AoW. 

It's fresh. Its original. Hop on it. 

obvously if those guys are only using lvl1 skills, whilst yours are max, just stop crowing about your hallow victories and take on the big guys i.e. max lvls and skills and well equip if u do then u earn bragging rights (btw screenshot helps)......

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

haha only coz some people say its changed all of You believe? any of You heard that mmosite was giving out 500keys a day, and some others portals gave out 1k keys

more people kidnaping=shorter time of working=less moneys

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I flat out don't believe you.  My guild has several free alt characters and I've heard NOTHING about this.
  • DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

Uhhh no, the unbound silver I got were random, most of them were 1ling and another one was 5ling and the last time i went kidnapping i got like   856wn, so in other words it's random and it depends on your relationship with the npc and the kidnapped person's innner level but as I said, oit's really random.

• GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66

I play as a free player on the RU server and the max I've gotten from a kidnap is about 700 Wen. And I've done quite a lot of kidnapping.

The VIP players get about 10-15 Liang per kidnap.