Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What there is to do in SWTOR

mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Is this about right?

edit: link should be ok now.

Yes, I know it isn't a proper flowchart

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Fairly accurate, although a lot of that stuff requires next to no effort to begin with.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

For actual things to do, yes.

The flowchart, broken and a failed attempt.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

I find plenty to do in the game while leveling up and after 50. Here is a post from our website on what to do when you reach 50.

When you reach 50 you can either level an alternative character, or you can participate in the end game. Of course there's no reason why you can't do both!

If you want to participate in the end game, the most important thing you must do is start running the hard level instances. There are two reasons to do this. First, and most important, it will help you gear up for the operations (the eight man instances). Second, and closely related to the first, if you use the group finder once a day you can earn black hole commendations which help you gear up with black hole gear. This gear will qualify you for most of the operations.

The second most important thing to do when you reach 50 is to earn credits to fund your activities. The primary way you do this is to run daily missions. Some of them pay as high as 16k credits! You will find these missions on Ilum, the Black Hole, and Belsavis.

Another way to earn credits is to do the daily space missions. These don't pay as well as the dailies, but hey, a credit is a credit.

Another way you can earn credits is to run heroics. These can be run once a day.

At 50 you have a choice to make. You can stay with the guild as a teacher, or you can be placed in a raiding guild (allowing you to run operations). The guild will not run operations so if you want to participate in that part of the end game you will need to be a part of a raiding guild.

There are two kinds of raiding guilds. The first kind is the hard core raiding guilds. These usually raid three or four times a week and require you to attend them all. The second kind is a casual raiding guild. These may also run three or four times a week, but attendance is not required.

Whether you stay or not, another important end game activity is to help other players. Social interaction is an important part of an MMO (Massive Multilayer Game). You can help others level, run heroics, and gear up for operations by running instances with them. You can also just be available for answering questions leveling characters ask.

Another important aspect of the end game at 50 is crafting. You can make a lot of credits on the GTN by selling your crafted items. You can also help people in the guild by making items for them.

Something else you can do at 50 is to search for all the datacroms in the game. If you didn't get them as you leveled, this can be very satisfying. The datacroms increase your base stats and make you a better character. BW has made finding the datacroms challenging and fun. To find out where the datacroms are and to get some help in finding them go to this site: http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/

Finally, when you reach 50 you can pvp. I know, you don't think you're any good at it; but, the only way to get better is to do it. PVP requires special gear so will want to buy the recruit set first (about 130k), and then earn the next two tiers by pvping.

Life after 50 is good! Enjoy it!

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Do we get to see the flowchart?  I'm curious as to how the OP has activity mapped out.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Endgame is roll a new toon or geargrind, nothing else.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by XAPGames

Do we get to see the flowchart?  I'm curious as to how the OP has activity mapped out.

I'm not going to work on it anymore unless something needs to be fixed(specifics, "failed effort" reponses are useless) or added. I don't make flowcharts but I wanted to quickly throw this thing together. Partially to see similarities in other games or where they differ.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Ahnog

I find plenty to do in the game while leveling up and after 50. Here is a post from our website on what to do when you reach 50.

When you reach 50 you can either level an alternative character, or you can participate in the end game. Of course there's no reason why you can't do both!

If you want to participate in the end game, the most important thing you must do is start running the hard level instances. There are two reasons to do this. First, and most important, it will help you gear up for the operations (the eight man instances). Second, and closely related to the first, if you use the group finder once a day you can earn black hole commendations which help you gear up with black hole gear. This gear will qualify you for most of the operations.

The second most important thing to do when you reach 50 is to earn credits to fund your activities. The primary way you do this is to run daily missions. Some of them pay as high as 16k credits! You will find these missions on Ilum, the Black Hole, and Belsavis.

Another way to earn credits is to do the daily space missions. These don't pay as well as the dailies, but hey, a credit is a credit.

Another way you can earn credits is to run heroics. These can be run once a day.

At 50 you have a choice to make. You can stay with the guild as a teacher, or you can be placed in a raiding guild (allowing you to run operations). The guild will not run operations so if you want to participate in that part of the end game you will need to be a part of a raiding guild.

There are two kinds of raiding guilds. The first kind is the hard core raiding guilds. These usually raid three or four times a week and require you to attend them all. The second kind is a casual raiding guild. These may also run three or four times a week, but attendance is not required.

Whether you stay or not, another important end game activity is to help other players. Social interaction is an important part of an MMO (Massive Multilayer Game). You can help others level, run heroics, and gear up for operations by running instances with them. You can also just be available for answering questions leveling characters ask.

Another important aspect of the end game at 50 is crafting. You can make a lot of credits on the GTN by selling your crafted items. You can also help people in the guild by making items for them.

Something else you can do at 50 is to search for all the datacroms in the game. If you didn't get them as you leveled, this can be very satisfying. The datacroms increase your base stats and make you a better character. BW has made finding the datacroms challenging and fun. To find out where the datacroms are and to get some help in finding them go to this site: http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/

Finally, when you reach 50 you can pvp. I know, you don't think you're any good at it; but, the only way to get better is to do it. PVP requires special gear so will want to buy the recruit set first (about 130k), and then earn the next two tiers by pvping.

Life after 50 is good! Enjoy it!

Excellent Post- Thank You

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    I have no problem finding stuff to do in this game. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

the activities are broken down to their most simplistic form in an attempt at suggesting complexity where there is none.  you may as well have expanded "chat" to branch out to "type on keyboard" and "click to talk in vent."

and breaking down crafting like that is kind of funny.

You make me like charity

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

While there are titles (and an FTP unlock to them) there is no formalized achievement system. Although you could add "finish codex entries.

One thing that will have to be added to your flowchart is that they are adding a reputation grind.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Crafting wasn't very complex to begin with, so there is no reason to try to break it down in your flowchart.  It's rather pointless even after the revamp around 1.2 or so.  I guess if any interesting items get made they go directly into the cashshop.

Breaking down the cashshop is good too .. Can't win at space combat?  Use real money to buy the ship upgrades that everyone else had to achieve through skill!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

um, am I the only one who clicks on that flowchart and I get small images with titles underneath them advertising making money, sexy asian games or weight lost?

edit: oh, interesting, that flowchart shows up in IE but not in Firefox.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    Originally posted by XAPGames

I'm not going to work on it anymore unless something needs to be fixed(specifics, "failed effort" reponses are useless) or added. I don't make flowcharts but I wanted to quickly throw this thing together. Partially to see similarities in other games or where they differ.

And I acknowledged this with my comment.

Your releationship order is wrong and you have a que that isn't even attached to anything. It's sloppy and the endgame should be leading to the top of the diagram, not shifting the left branch across the chart to the right, because both branches share the same outcome.

But hey, you're done. It reflects SWTOR accurately.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Sovrath

um, am I the only one who clicks on that flowchart and I get small images with titles underneath them advertising making money, sexy asian games or weight lost?

edit: oh, interesting, that flowchart shows up in IE but not in Firefox.

There it is also .. Firefox isn't displaying it properly ..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    You can participate in the same few warzones over and over and over and over again.