Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about armor..

So, i am new to the forums i did a search and couldnt seem to find anything on this. Ive watched all of the live letters and i feel like transmogrification or transmutation of gear has been mentioned. For those who do not know what that is its a feature where you can use the looks of one set of gear with the stats of another. Can anyone confirm this in FFXIV ARR with a quote or a link possibly? Thanks..

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by herewegooox
    So, i am new to the forums i did a search and couldnt seem to find anything on this. Ive watched all of the live letters and i feel like transmogrification or transmutation of gear has been mentioned. For those who do not know what that is its a feature where you can use the looks of one set of gear with the stats of another. Can anyone confirm this in FFXIV ARR with a quote or a link possibly? Thanks..

Can you link a Dev letter that mentions this, its the first I have heard of.

• herewegoooxherewegooox Member Posts: 2
    It was one of the Live Letter youtube videos. If you have not watched them i suggest doing so. They are roughly a hour a piece so give me some time to find the exact one. Heres a link to the first one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0l2wZCXpEo its got subtitles. Its long but i suggest watching all of them. And i will get back to you in a bit with the exact one im referring to.
  • KcebEnyawKcebEnyaw Member Posts: 29

It sounds to me like you are refering to the "Materia" system. In in previous form it was a bit more complicated than just moving stats from one piece of armour to another. If you wear a piece of Equipment in battle it will gain what is called "Spirit Bond". When this becomes full, you can choose to destory that Equipment by transforming it in to Materia. Every type of Equipment, Legs, Body, Swords, Earrings, had a set list of Materia they could be transformed into, but the outcome is random. Players can target a type of equipment to increase their odds of getting the one they want, but they will never be guarenteed it.

After you have created the Materia, which is empowered with one or two stat bonuses, it can be attached to most other armours by a crafter who specialized in the type of armour you want it attached to. The first attachment is guarenteed, but you can attached up to five pieces of Materia. The second threw fifth piece runs the risk of destroying your armour.

There isn't really much point in going more in depth than that though. Square has announced on the forums that the Materia system is being greatly overhauled. They have talked about making it easier to attach materia while making it's effect more balanced compared to natural stats and armour stats. No significant information has been released, except that they would like us to give feedback on the new system in Beta.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye

Can you link a Dev letter that mentions this, its the first I have heard of.

Again every piece of info on ARR can be found here a few posts down , the post is called ALL FFXIV ARR INFO can be found here it has EVERYTHING just have to click a link and read or watch simple as that , there is over 10 hours of info in that thread for you and everyone to read and watch.

Having said that , there was mention of of Vanity slots , Vanity slots make it so you can ware a piece of gear Say AF gear , but a piece of gear you have has better stats but looks strange when mixed in with gear of the same set (i.e AF hands , feet , legs, head , but a off body piece) it lets you keep your AF body and displays it in the vanity slot (your chr will have it on so all can see) and the regular equipment slot has your better stat body piece

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link