Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Am I the Only One Who Thinks This?

13»

Comments

• adkenneradkenner Prescott, AZPosts: 18Member

I may be totally wrong, but here would be my guess on the packs. 

The reason the "Actual Value" is so high on the $200 pack is that they will not be offering the Race, The Spider Mount, and the Panther in the cash shop at all....at least not for quite a long time. To me those seem like the most expensive things (or the things certain players would pay the most for). We are trying to put a cash shop value on them...but if they are not available in the cash shop, then they get a big bump due to their limited availability. 

The stuff in the $60 pack will probably be availabe in the cash shop right away. Founders will most likely be getting a discount, but there is not that huge bump in "actual value" because anyone will be able to get them at any time. 

As far as the currency...maybe I'm being silly but I think that they will want people that shell out money in advance to feel like they got a good deal and be the early users/promoters of the cash shop. I don't think its crazy to think that founders would get a significant amount of thier initial investment back in currency. The 200$ pack might even be more...sort of a bonus for shelling out that kind of cash. (~125$ for the 200$ pack....~20$ for the 60$ pack)

I don't think Im going to buy any of the packs...but if you got back anywhere from 33% to 50% or more of  of your money in currency, plus all the other items...I don't think it ends up being that bad of a deal. Again...the people they are targeting with the 200$ pack are people that want and are willing to pay for highly exclusive items. 

• khameleonkhameleon Posts: 435Member Uncommon

I would never pour $200 into a game I have never played sorry. 

I donate money like $25 to Path of exile to try beta sure, because it was a small group of devs that needed money.

But these guys here want $50 just to get into beta and its a big company, just greedy to me.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• CaptFabulousCaptFabulous Saugerties, NYPosts: 13Member Uncommon
    It'll be a cold day in Hell before PWE gets any money out of me. I'll play the game if it's decent (and I have my doubts) but there is no way I'm giving them any money after what they did to CO and STO.
  • steelheartxsteelheartx Biloxi, MSPosts: 434Member Uncommon
    Ultimately it comes down to what it is worth to you.  Personally i'll go with the $60 level cause it's what i normally would spend on a game anyway.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

13»