Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else need some gamer friends? a fellowship of sorts?

Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

So none of my friends play games...so I'm looking for some people to create a small close knit fellowship or guild.  Anyone interested in starting like a weekend warrior gaming group?

I kinda wanted to try LOTRO or EQ2 with like an ideal group set up in mind and see what kind of stuff we can defeat as we level up.  I'd also be happy to play Leage of Legends with someone.

Kinda targeting this at the people who are a little bored at work and came here.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    I'd be glad to hook up with you, however, I am currently only playing TSW.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    I play TSW on Cerberus.
  • MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

I would play LTRO.  I left it because it all was so devoid of players of my level (low) and i have no friends playing either. But I liked the game a lot.

I like to RP a bit too.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I have plenty of gamer friends. The problem is we don't like the same games, play at the same hours, or for the same amount of hours once we are finally able to get together.

Then there's the problem with people waiting on each other, not wanting to play alts in the meantime or take a break, leaving a few of them levelling ahead. Then there's the other problem of some wanting to mainly craft and trade on the auction house which to me is a very asocial part of MMOs. Even if you benefit from it you are still not really playing together as much as just playing the same game. Then there's the raid or die mentality which is also an issue for those of us that want to experience the journey instead of the destination

And I haven't even gotten to their real life personalities which sometimes also is a barrier to overcome.

Finding gamer friends on the same page is really really hard at least for me.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    U should try out phantasy star online 2 jp, lookup english translation patch on youtube, that game is alot of fun.
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418
    If you guys wanna start lotro let me know im on silverlode would have to get a kin going. Names Kargorath burg. I atm have no more max lvl toon and would be more then happy to lvl new ones miss that game.  I can also support a 32 man ts3

• JaspurJaspur Member Posts: 1
    <-- The noob here wants to know where to sign up. Been in MMO limbo since the SWotR fail. I know , first post...been lurking forever, took this topic to get me to actually register and post, thanks!
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Guilds definitely do not cut it for me, if I am lucky I will make like 2 friends in them and chances are they won't be interested in any other game I go to.

I have just a couple friends I've made and kept from games.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Sorry, but I'm a one man wolf-pack.  Good luck though, I'm sure you'll find some like-minded people to hang with.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DonpoohbearDonpoohbear Member UncommonPosts: 85
    a fellowship you say well then you may have my axe
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Gaming with friends is difficult.  Even if you can find games you both really enjoy finding a time that you are both available to play can make it a chore.  Also once you do start playing together, differing playstyles will always add annoyance to the experience.  In the end, it can only be fun if you care more about the people than the game or if you are so alike that you both just really enjoy the same games.  Good luck finding that on a random forum, and I say that without sarcasm because it is possible to do with some luck!

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.