Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

antwerp discussion thread

Comments

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    All you guys need help lol. Dcoy, you became this hypocrit all of a sudden.

I give DOC credit to post with his wwiiol tag and not hide behind another name like some. Get a grip skanks, especially you OJ :D

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat

I give DOC credit to post with his wwiiol tag and not hide behind another name like some. Get a grip skanks, especially you OJ :D

4th post and you're already flaming everyone.  image

Flame? Calling someone a hypocrit is a flame? What's your wwiiol name?

Oh the S word haha. I put a smiley face after. Doesn't that make it ok? I'm new to posting in forums, my bad * rolls eyes*

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106

I think you will find you are the hypocrite ce.

I'm CeTheGreat in here. Please address me so. Ty

Ill admit when I'm wrong and I don't back pedal. All these guys who hate wwiiol and whine abour it, still log in ( if they aren't banned) and even if they are, they free trial it up and still log in lol. Amuses me

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    I'm CeTheGreat in here. Please address me so. Ty

Ill admit when I'm wrong and I don't back pedal. All these guys who hate wwiiol and whine abour it, still log in ( if they aren't banned) and even if they are, they free trial it up and still log in lol. Amuses me

Well from that it's pretty odvious that you are trolling here

That makes you no better than the people who come on here to slander the game purely because of their ancient vendetta against the developers

Your way to up tight friend. Anyway, my thumbs hurt from phone typing. Enjoy your open forum to whine. Ill be logging on soon to finish this map.

S!

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Bodkin your right, I can't understand why anyone would want to slander or denigrate a game with (did I say unique game?) an active and passionate community.

The reaction of the vocal few, whilst taking a dump on their teamates (this I'd brute as PvP) does them no justice, which is a shame really. The axis side needs them not too flip out on ego trips.
  • hooberhoober Member Posts: 25
    Your way to up tight friend. Anyway, my thumbs hurt from phone typing. Enjoy your open forum to whine. Ill be logging on soon to finish this map.

S!

If you have a problem with open forums then you should go back to the wwii online official forums.

Oh another mysterious poster. Tough guys behind the secret names =)

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Battle of Antwerp take 89 HERE WE COME!
  • dcoy68dcoy68 Member Posts: 30

What I am is an ex-customer.  Feel free to point out what you think is hypocrisy though. 

You really have a big problem with ppl expressing what they really feel about the game.

Originally posted by hoober

You really have a big problem with ppl expressing what they really feel about the game.

No I have a problem with people who are sulking because CRS didnt bow to their every whim( not sure if i spelled that right)

Also,people who flame the game who have no ballz to use the account they have used to play said game they are bashing.

Originally posted by dcoy68

What I am is an ex-customer.  Feel free to point out what you think is hypocrisy though. 

Its different rules buddy. When things go wrong for us( Allies) We dont start flame wars on forums and the axis think all is great, but when things go wrong for the axis,lets all group up and gang bang CRS/wwiiol to the internet community. Its really kinda childish,but my opinion of course

Its different rules buddy. When things go wrong for us( Allies) We dont start flame wars on forums and the axis think all is great, but when things go wrong for the axis,lets all group up and gang bang CRS/wwiiol to the internet community. Its really kinda childish,but my opinion of course

When things go bad for allies they run to DOC.  That is an understandable reaction, but kinda childish (in my opinion of course)

But when axis players write in open forums about topics that are not allowed on the official site, then allied internet warriors come along to silence them. Thats actually a bit scary.

• dcoy68dcoy68 Member Posts: 30

But where am I being a  hypocrit?   Lack of expression on the official forums is a big reason I'm both here and unsubbed.

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134

It's a shame to lose players over out of game stuff. If you don't sub because you don't like the game, that's fair enough. If you don't sub because of stuff going on away from the game, then I'm genuinely sorry to hear that

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• ianstein29ianstein29 Member Posts: 11
    Not real sure why CE is over Here yelling at everyone to use their game name when this is not WW2 forums but a neutral site.  I have been playing for 10 years and CRS does not abide with negative comments period.  CRS has poor customer relations but some over zealous fan boys.  These fan boys should stay on WW2 forums if they only want happys words on the game. 
  • Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28

So anger filled posts about CRS are the only thing that is acceptable here?  Where the jilted heroes of WWII Online fight back against oppression?  Any disagreement with this point of view is somehow insulting or out of line yet terms like fanboy (a somewhat polite way of saying "Shit-bird") are fine?  

Heretofore I have remained out of these types of discussions as I see them as unproductive.  Hell, even threads that were meant to discuss an issue and possible corrections quickly turn into a freaking maelstrom of insults aimed at CRS and the "fanboys".  The lengths some of these disgruntled posters are going to verbally dump on CRS and any customer who does not agree with their position has ceased to be amusing or even worth listening too.  I mean there is an active campaign here to dissuade potential customers from playing the game.  The tirades are so filled with anger I honestly believe some of you guys would take a swing at a CRS employee or a supporter if you were given the chance.  

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Skers11 I was reading multiple perspectives on this Antwerp fiasco here, which was great because the company isn't allowing any discussion of the events on their own forums. It was fairly tame until several people popped in to the thread and went off demanding to know what everyone's game name was.

If you have good news about WW2online then by all means start a thread and share it. As a former long time subscriber I would love to hear that 1.35 is out, that there's now a real multicrewing option(more than 2 people), that DOC worked some magic and we now have mid war variants of the Ju87 and Boston bombers, etc.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

What's the difference between them calling you fanboys and you calling them disgruntled players? In the end they're both negative cannotations used to help invalidate their arguments. I guess the difference is one coincides with your viewpoint and the other one doesn't. 

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• ianstein29ianstein29 Member Posts: 11
    My use of the term fanboy is used to show how a group of players will back CRS no matter the actions the company takes year after year.  I still play the game and have 2 paying accounts.  I do not want the game to die but CRS is working hard to do this when they do not listen to the players.  cRS does want a balanced win record since they feel this will keep numbers up but this will punish one side.   I was GHC till we were pushed to worry over the whole player base versus just our side.  The game company does not allow truly open conversation on thier forums which is fine they own them but here we can say what we feel.  Doc is horrible dealing with customers and should stop trying to ridicule dissent and leave Xoom to deal with the customers.  I doubt the Twerp reset was done on purpose but the response from CRS drove too many good players away.   I hate seeing long term friends  leave in anger and CRS should reach out to bring these players back.   Having CRS allies defend by mocking will not get the good players back merely make more players look at unsubbing.   This is no fun for anyone so CRS needs to man up apologize and work on becoming a better customer centric company.
  • Skers11Skers11 Member Posts: 28

So essentially for a good number of you the whole Antwerp thing was another instance of poor management / bad decision making followed up by abrasive handling of customers who were asking "what the hell happened?" 

And if I have read the other threads in here correctly....

This is compounded by the fact that development is slow; your inputs seem to be ignored but in a manner that can seem like Doc goes out of his way to let you know he ignores them or is generally dismissive; the set of toys are not where you would like them to be; and the game's forums are run to ensure a complete absence of negative light on the game.  

So for most of you this is that opportunity to vent and go off about a number of items that have your ire and at the same time not have to worry about a ban (if you still subscribe).  Correct?  

Why not stop paying and playing then?  I know there are a good number that still play due to squad friends etc., but I see others who have admitted they unsubbed quite some time ago and are posting about the death of the game or development failures months and years after they stopped playing.  I just don't get that.