Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst ever purchases?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Does it have to be an MMORPG? Then Archlord probably. Or maybe City of Heroes (not my type of game). But if it wasn't an MMORPG then I would have to say probably 90% of my steam games, I buy things when they go on sale that are super cheap and never end up playing them.
  • AralvarAralvar Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by itbewilly
    Originally posted by Aralvar
    Originally posted by itbewilly

All Points Bulletin

A game with the potential to tap into the GTA fan base if only it was done decently.Instead you got two shitty combat areas and a social area. AFK/macroers ruined match making. Hacks/cheats made it suck(tho not as many as you see in other pc shooters).  It would have been a lot better to just have a huge city map and let players do their thing but instead the game sucked,Its company went bankrupt,and now its a pay to win piece of shit.

We wont mention balance and how retardedly easy it was for Enforcers to win against Criminals using Less than Lethal over-powered weapons.

I think I pretty much gave up on that game entirely when I realized that the only permanent weapons were ones you had to buy with real money. It had a lot of potential to be awesome, kind of like GTA (like you said). Did you actually spend money on it or do you just regret playing it?

I played it a lot pre-GamesFirst.. It was a nice game but had issues that kept it from really turning a profit. I installed it when it became Free to play and seen guns fullly modded in the cash shop for $60 and said screw it and left. Plus when G1 took over they got rid of chase missions(driving) and didnt really add anything worth even playing. Same lame districts(back when i quit at least). Also didnt like the fact that during the switch from the original company to G1 i lost all the cars and crap i had.

To answer the question-- Nope. No money spent in Cash shop. Spent the full price on the game plus every month sub it had while the game was live(which wasnt that long)

Wow, now I'm glad that I only play F2P mmorpgs (for the time being, haven't found one I wanted to pay for yet)..

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Rift.  I played it less than any other B2P/P2P game I've bought, ever.  It was just so generic.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

My  negative experiences with  "STEAM" and their total lack of customer support ,would put them at the top of an all too long list of close contenders for the top spot of companys to avoid.

(no I don't play any mmog atm if that gives you a clue about my feelings for the current mmog genre)

• SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    GW1 and GW2.  I don't know  why I keep buying the games.  The world doesn't immerse me and I'm not all that hardcore with PvP. 
  • UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

There is only one purchase that I look back on and wish I didn't make, well actually a collection of purchases for one game and that game is:

Hellgate: London - Collector's Edition and Lifetime Sub (I also purchased the hunter statue but I still like it.)

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• BLeeDzACiDBLeeDzACiD Member Posts: 55

Hellgate London

Fury

WAR

Final Fantasy Online Never even opened that box = (

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Trials of Atlantis for DAOC. Just a waste of money. Should of read up on what it was about more. It made RvR and most dungeons boring as people were too busy doing the same thing over and over and over again to unlock pieces to get stupid items. Ill admit I spent sometime getting some, but soon realized that I was no longer playing a game so much as just following a pattern to achieve a goal.
  • kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Rift
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Horizons
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Most say SWTOR but I actually enjoyed the PVE aspect. The stories were amazing and left me actively immersed. However the end-game made me want to shoot my PC lol. My worst ever purchase is probably Darkfall.
  • AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Well, without a doubt, World of Warcraft Battlechest for me and my girlfriend. Couple of her friends played the game, she wanted to try it, I said, ok, why not. Never again. I don't think there is a game I regret buying as this one. Especialy with monthly fee.

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Azzataky
    Well, without a doubt, World of Warcraft Battlechest for me and my girlfriend. Couple of her friends played the game, she wanted to try it, I said, ok, why not. Never again. I don't think there is a game I regret buying as this one. Especialy with monthly fee.

Umm dude,  your thinking wow online,  not battlechest as battlechest was the rpg versions of the game beforew wow went online and there was no monthly fee. 

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Guild Wars 1 :(

I had heard so many good things about it from various people and never took the time to research it myself.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by erictlewis
    Originally posted by Azzataky

Umm dude,  your thinking wow online,  not battlechest as battlechest was the rpg versions of the game beforew wow went online and there was no monthly fee. 

WoW Battle chest is a compendium of WoW vanila and Burning Crusade.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Frozen Synapse.
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    My worst purchase but I don't really regret it was Warhammer Online as it was only £5 but I just had to see what all the fuss was about and I hated it, thought it was the worst MMO I'd every played, still do, and my Shadow Warrior was the most useless class. Luckily I've got into beta of quite a few games that has allowed me to decide if a game is worth a purchase, Rift being the worst of the beta's, generic is an understatement. I am quite forgiving about games though, played FFXIV and Darkfall at release got my monies worth but they were unfinished and tedious respectively but interesting concepts none the less and that eased the pain somewhat.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

* Tabula Rasa 

* SWTOR

* Lineage 2

*  RFO/RF Online

*  F2P genre

"Spent over $500 on World of Tanks in less than a years time... not really worth it."

- no wonder that f2p games get more popular for the game industry if a lower percentage invests higher amounts

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Brink

Space Marine

Dawn of War II + Expansions

Arma II (No DayZ)

Blur - Xbox

Final Fantasy 12

Sorry for them not being MMOs :P

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Well stay better with mmos otherwise the list would be bigger  =). So different the taste in gaming hehe, I play Arma 2 regulary and  it belongs to the top of my none mmo games hehe. Cant await Arma 3 this year.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

1) GW2, was bored after a week

2) SWtor even after the beta I was like meh, only thing I did after 2 weeks in was log in to send my companions out for supplies

3) TERA awful, didnt last the first month

4) Diablo 3, at least had fun for a while til I hit inferno

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Vanguard: SOH, even the manual is in alpha pics!

RIP Orc Choppa

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

1) GW2. Not only did I buy it myself but I hyped friends and family to buy it too. None of us lasted more than a month.

2) AoC. Uninstalled at level 15. That's how bad it was.

3) WAR. It could have been great if they didn't try to WoWify it. It could still be good if they went F2P right now. It's a damn shame.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• nerbonnerbon Member Posts: 28
    warhammer online but gw 2 is pretty close second
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    GW2 was my worst MMO purchase.