Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PoE or D3

2»

Comments

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Both ... D3 has redeming qualities so does PoE 
  • Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

People need to stop saying "PoE is what Diablo 3 should have been" because its absolutely utter nonsense.

Diablo 3 is amazing. The only problem it had when it was new was the loot system was freakin horrible. Outside of that it was Diablo 1 and 2 but super improved. Made less complicated giving you less "choice" than 2 but its still awesome.

PoE is easy to jump into because its free but Diablo 3 is a truly polished game and made extremely well. 

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Diablo 3 I played through once on normal difficultly solo and play on an ongoing basis with a once/week family/friends game.

PoE I played for about 2 hours before deciding I didn't like it.

Overall I'd say I'm not a fan of the entire genre.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Trying to get balanced opinions of D3 or any Blizzard game on this forum is not wise, Download D3 trial and try it out.

So much incorrect and biase opinion over fact info on this forum it's redick.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by vigg2004

I'm interested in Path of Exile and Diablo 3, but I only have time for one game.  Which do you suggest?  What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks!

As others have said PoE is free to play and D3 lets you play for free until 20 so try both and make up your mind that way. 

Personally I like PoE a great deal better. D3 was a huge let down for most it would seem, myself included and most seem to agree that PoE is a better contender for the 3rd installment of Diablo than Diablo 3 is. It makes me sad to say this but it is what it is. 

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Path of Exile - The game Diablo 3 aspired to be,,,

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Neither....Diablo 3 is a decent game, but isn't as fun as it used to be, since I never die anymore.  My monk hasn't died in like 4 months lol.  It's just not challenging anymore. You used to be able to make some decent money playing Diablo 3, but prices and people willing to spend real money on items has dropped.  I currently have 10 items on the auction at all times and have a stash tab full of set pieces and high end uniques that won't sell for $1-5.  You used to be able to sell them for $50+.

Path of Exile is a decent game, but the graphics and animations are horrible.  The community of Path of Exile is toxic and full of ninja looters, DDOSers (so PvP is impossible and worse than Diablo 3), and higher levels that will join low level boss parties to rush up and kill the boss for the increased loot drops, leaving the lower level party members fighting thier way to the boss, to only get to the boss room and noticed a few white pieces of loot on the ground and a portal from someone who left the group 10-15 minutes ago lol.  Don't complain about any of those problems though in global, you'll get flamed so hard you'll actually internally combust and die lol.  They'll claim it's supposed to be that way because the Wraeclast is "hardcore", but all that is is cheating...

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Insane666
    Path of Exile - The game Diablo 3 aspired to be,,,

If you want a game that has attempted to move the ARPG genre forward and bring it up to date and in many ways succeded even more so with recent patchs then D3.

If you want a game that has not tried at all and gives you a more old skool style of game then POE.

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    It's free to try them both like many have said, neither are MMO's. As a casual player I actually play them both from time to time. PoE appears to be a bit "darker" of a game, but most of the community is horrible, I am sure this will weed itself out over time(hope). D3 is great with real life friends. You only have time for one, you say, try them both and pick for yourself, none of our opinions reallys matter.