Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for free and populated MMORPG with friendly people

aliceeeeeealiceeeeee Member UncommonPosts: 22

Looking for free and populated MMORPG with friendly people<- I would like to play a game where are people around and it would be best if the game is active from the start... Not like I have to reach high level to find people to play with :)

Thank you in advance

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    it doesn't exist. every major mmo is going to be top heavy at this point with little lowbie activity. Your best bet would be to look at some of the upcoming f2p/b2p mmos coming out soon and jump in from the beginning. If you dont progress with the initial surge at a games release it gets exponentially harder to progress in any other way but solo
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    LOTRO. Brandywine server is the largest server and always has lowbies. LOTRO has one of the friendliest MMO communities around. 
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

No specific suggestions.  One idea is to watch to see who is advertising extensively.  These ads bring in new players in waves, and it's likely that you'll find plenty of others at low level.

I agree with a comment above about themeparks getting top-heavy.  Mid-levels are the worst because new players drop out leaving the middle zones as ghostlands, with the bulk of the population at cap.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • TsumoTsumo Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by aliceeeeee

Looking for free and populated MMORPG with friendly people<- I would like to play a game where are people around and it would be best if the game is active from the start... Not like I have to reach high level to find people to play with :)

Thank you in advance

Well since vanguard Just changed its f2p model I would imagine it have a good rise in the amount of new players starting out.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Thank you in advance

How long do you want to go before you want to spend money? Or you need it to be free forever? Because if that's the case I find it hard to recomend any MMORPG to you...

But if you are prepared to pay money at some point (and rightly so), EQ2 still has the best community of any game I have personally played and there always seems to be lowbies around (having just levelled up myself through the game again).

• aliceeeeeealiceeeeee Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I don't mind to spend money on a game if I really like it. I will never spend thousands of dollars tough. I really liked Perfect World before the game was ruined for everybody except end game...
  • KaiserPhoenixKaiserPhoenix Member Posts: 59
    The secret world is b2p and has an awesome community.
  • BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Wurm Online is a game like that.. I play Project 1999 too.
  • ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Continent of the ninth seal.

Action combat, fast leveling, great pvp, nice people...

• DJreadyDJready Member Posts: 1
    champions online, it's pritty active from the start. There is a lowbie area where there is people already and only need to reach lvl 6 for you to hang out and acctually do missions with with top lvl's and it's free
  • andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    In 3 days Tera online goes free to play, check it out if you're interested
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    LOTRO. Brandywine server is the largest server and always has lowbies. LOTRO has one of the friendliest MMO communities around. 

^

This, also agree with the Champions Online suggestion.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Thank you in advance

SWTOR has a very healhy population on the low level planets.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I will also go with Lotro, but I recommend the Landroval (RP) server. If you like to avoid the normal childish players/chat, it is a great server. I have never seen another mmo that is so laid back and respectful. It is the total opposite of the obnoxious players that you will find in SWTOR, WoW, and Tera. On Landroval you have people constantly offering help in chat, and they give free gear away to the lower level players. And, the population there is very healthy.

I am not an RPer, but I love watching them put on RP events. And, there is a kinship (guild) that hosts concerts. You can play instruments in Lotro and you will find complete bands that play music during these events. There is a program that you can install as an addon that allows you to play your own music (midi file) in game. There is nothing like standing in the prancing pony playing Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven on your guitar image

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by andreika111

I agree with this, it's definitely your best bet to find tons of people low levels.

It's about to go F2P and the day it does low levels are going to be jam-packed with people.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by andreika111

I agree with this, it's definitely your best bet to find tons of people low levels.

It's about to go F2P and the day it does low levels are going to be jam-packed with people.

Just make sure to turn off global :P

Like all games, f2p ones have good and bad people. The trick is to get away from the general population and join a group of people who are actually interested in playing the game not trolling global chat.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Just make sure to turn off global :P

Like all games, f2p ones have good and bad people. The trick is to get away from the general population and join a group of people who are actually interested in playing the game not trolling global chat.

... also avoids gold seller ads.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

sure depends on what you like to do in game.
    best community I found at

LotRO: but game is not very fast, sort of hard and after like lvl 20 you need to pay 10$ to unlock.

Atlantica: very good for PvP, PvE can be though, combat is very interesting, at least unusual. after sometime you'll find out you need to pay 15$ to unlock warrior pack or it will became too hard, except if you do PvP only.

Forsaken World: as newby just join guild, and they will boost you. You can grind over ingame money, WoW-like with great graphic but limited content. Just avoid PvP and be not jelly of guys who got better stuff (or it can cost you up to 1k $, at least what some people pretend to pay for it).

Secret World and Gw2 are buy to play, beside GW2 is not very interesting and seem to push you to buy progress.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Been playing Aion since Christmas, lots of people in every area, full game world is accessible for no extra costs. Pretty good deal for what I spent, which is nothing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by KaiserPhoenix
    The secret world is b2p and has an awesome community.

What part of free did you not understand??....The OP is looking for a free game and I would suggest Fallen Earth or Ryzom.....Both have good communities and people to play with even at low levels.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Been playing Aion since Christmas, lots of people in every area, full game world is accessible for no extra costs. Pretty good deal for what I spent, which is nothing.

Might want to mention that Aion is open pvp unless you hide on the fast-track server. Which means its servers are full of gankers = not friendly like the OP asked for.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Thorkune

I will also go with Lotro, but I recommend the Landroval (RP) server. If you like to avoid the normal childish players/chat, it is a great server. I have never seen another mmo that is so laid back and respectful. It is the total opposite of the obnoxious players that you will find in SWTOR, WoW, and Tera. On Landroval you have people constantly offering help in chat, and they give free gear away to the lower level players. And, the population there is very healthy.

I am not an RPer, but I love watching them put on RP events. And, there is a kinship (guild) that hosts concerts. You can play instruments in Lotro and you will find complete bands that play music during these events. There is a program that you can install as an addon that allows you to play your own music (midi file) in game. There is nothing like standing in the prancing pony playing Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven on your guitar image

Sure, if you don't mind exchanging childish players for elitist ones.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    gw2 - not actually free, but if you arent willing to drop lousy 50 bucks you dont deserve its glory.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    Originally posted by Thorkune

Sure, if you don't mind exchanging childish players for elitist ones.

How did you get elitist out of that? I haven't met anyone in Lotro that I would consider elitist. Besides, if I am forced to choose between "chuck norris jokes / Your Mom jokes" and an elitist, I am going with elitist every time. At least the elitist is busy playing the game instead of standing around in capital cities spamming chat.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Star Trek Online, Champions Online, and Lord of the Rings Online would be solid choices.  They have some of the best communities going, and more than enough player activity.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.