Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Ultima Online still worth playing?

MoMalikMoMalik Member Posts: 11

Bored. Looking for an MMO, leaning towards a sandbox. Ive heard lots of good things about this game but i want to know if its stil relevent to a present day MMO-gamer. 

Thanks for any help. 

Also, ive heard DAoC is pretty popular,especially for PvP. Does anyone recommend it?

Comments

• wfsaxtonwfsaxton Member UncommonPosts: 73

My patience for DF:UW has worn thin, so I'm looking for a sandbox as well.

My guildies are going back to UO so I figured I'd try it.  I think you need to have played it when it first came out to enjoy it, for nostalgia purposes...because it really isn't that fun playing a game made in 1997.

I'm sure playing DAOC would feel the same way.

I think we're just desperate for sandboxes that we'd be willing to try anything...

• MoMalikMoMalik Member Posts: 11

hahah Yeah i agree. I find my self, most days, surfing the internet for something to keep me entertained but im having no luck. All of the games that seem to have potential arent coming out until late 2013 (Repopulation, Archage, TESO), so i dont know what to do/play for the next several months until that time. 

Its depressing really :( 

• DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by MoMalik

hahah Yeah i agree. I find my self, most days, surfing the internet for something to keep me entertained but im having no luck. All of the games that seem to have potential arent coming out until late 2013 (Repopulation, Archage, TESO), so i dont know what to do/play for the next several months until that time. 

Its depressing really :( 

Truth. It's like every good MMO is so far off, I'm hoping Defiance will keep me occupied while I wait for, say, Embers of Caerus?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    If you haven't tried it yet, it's worth trying just to experience it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre