Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst ever purchases?

Comments

• AralvarAralvar Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by potapithikos

Awww someone said something bad about your precious? Your worst purchase must have been a lifetime sub to Oblivion Fanboyism. Poor you having to read all that text must have caused serious trauma... and imagine that a 4 years older game feeling dated compared to it's successor, how smart must you be to come to such conclusions?

Morrowind was 10 times the game Oblivion was.

Worst MMO Buy: Mortal & Darkfall

Awwwww someone said your "old school and nostalgic" game is worse than it's sequel? Yeah, if you compare the amount of content that Oblivion has to Morrowind, it is a much better game. Oblivion is almost undeniably better, you're only saying it's worse because you're comparing it to how good Morrowind was FOR THE TIME PERIOD. You are a complete moron who has no idea how to judge a game by it's objective quality. But hey, listing no reasons of why Morrowind is better does a good job of proving my point that you're a nostalgia gaming retard.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

All Points Bulletin

A game with the potential to tap into the GTA fan base if only it was done decently.Instead you got two shitty combat areas and a social area. AFK/macroers ruined match making. Hacks/cheats made it suck(tho not as many as you see in other pc shooters).  It would have been a lot better to just have a huge city map and let players do their thing but instead the game sucked,Its company went bankrupt,and now its a pay to win piece of shit.

We wont mention balance and how retardedly easy it was for Enforcers to win against Criminals using Less than Lethal over-powered weapons.

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Spent over $500 on World of Tanks in less than a years time... not really worth it.
  • casual187casual187 Member Posts: 32
    FF XIV no ifs ands or buts about it.
  • AralvarAralvar Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by itbewilly

All Points Bulletin

A game with the potential to tap into the GTA fan base if only it was done decently.Instead you got two shitty combat areas and a social area. AFK/macroers ruined match making. Hacks/cheats made it suck(tho not as many as you see in other pc shooters).  It would have been a lot better to just have a huge city map and let players do their thing but instead the game sucked,Its company went bankrupt,and now its a pay to win piece of shit.

We wont mention balance and how retardedly easy it was for Enforcers to win against Criminals using Less than Lethal over-powered weapons.

I think I pretty much gave up on that game entirely when I realized that the only permanent weapons were ones you had to buy with real money. It had a lot of potential to be awesome, kind of like GTA (like you said). Did you actually spend money on it or do you just regret playing it?

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

Probably

GW2

Rift

WAR

Managed to dodge SWTOR, pre-order Collectors Deition and played beta.  Cancelled.

Best purchase:

TSW by far! :D

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    GW2. Bought it 2 months ago and haven't even ripped off the plastic outside the box yet.
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Diablo III - impulse purchase hoping it was going to be a good game. Waited to late to get a refund.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by Aralvar
    Originally posted by itbewilly

All Points Bulletin

I think I pretty much gave up on that game entirely when I realized that the only permanent weapons were ones you had to buy with real money. It had a lot of potential to be awesome, kind of like GTA (like you said). Did you actually spend money on it or do you just regret playing it?

I played it a lot pre-GamesFirst.. It was a nice game but had issues that kept it from really turning a profit. I installed it when it became Free to play and seen guns fullly modded in the cash shop for $60 and said screw it and left. Plus when G1 took over they got rid of chase missions(driving) and didnt really add anything worth even playing. Same lame districts(back when i quit at least). Also didnt like the fact that during the switch from the original company to G1 i lost all the cars and crap i had.

To answer the question-- Nope. No money spent in Cash shop. Spent the full price on the game plus every month sub it had while the game was live(which wasnt that long)

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I purchased both Warhammer Online CE and Age of Conan CE, but I was very hyped for both games.  I do feel I played both games enough that it was "worth it", even though the CE themselves were just eh at best.  Still if I could go back in time I'd ahve just bought the regular copies.

My worst is buying the SWToR CE, after the Warhammer/AoC debacle I decided to be very very careful about buying any game at all, much less a CE.  But with SWToR I had a big pile of friends ready to play it, had tested it out some, really had a ton of fun in the early levels, figured that would carry the whole way through..oops.  Only played about 3-4 months and while I really enjoyed the game, the CE wasn't worth buying.  Had I bought the normal game I'd have felt like I got my $$ worth for sure.  But as a CE, not so much, ah well.

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184
    With the concurance of everyone else here, the SWTOR is my worst purchase.  DDO was a close second, because I couldn't get more than 5 hours played into it.
  • bizoux86bizoux86 Member UncommonPosts: 85

I would say SW:TOR only because the game was broken in so many ways at its release - biggest disappointment    = (

After my husband and I bought into the hype and pre-purchased 2 copies!  Learned to always only buy one copy of a game when trying it out!

Other than that I bought many games that I have not continued to play, but I wouldn't say I regret buying them. Those games gave me greater insight as to the types of games I want to play.

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Final Fantasy XIV for sure.  Didn't finish out the first month.  Couldn't even be bothered to login once it was free while they tried to fix it.

I did appreciate the apology they issued - still not enough to get me to try that again.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Cypt1
    Dark and Light. I pre-ordered to get into the Settlers of Ganareth test. Regretted it the minute I set foot in game.

I was trying to remember the name of that.  I remember putting in that I was pre-order #83 in my sig.   Damn did I get rid of that fast.

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127

Yes, War Z big time right after this site had it ass the top recommended game with a 8.5 or so rating.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Very hard to decide between Earthrise, MO and D3

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• Wraith0Wraith0 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Warhammer Online Collectors Ed, I let my love of Warhammer drive me to it.  What a waste.
  • SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Gw2 was my shortest stint in a mmo ever at around 4 hours. That would have to be mine
  • buzzzxbuzzzx Member UncommonPosts: 41
    I'd say every game I bought except Everquest.
  • NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113

I Regret none of them, The many MMOs cited all provided me with a education and they refined my resolve to push for better games to be made with more innovation. of course it's just a dream a fanatsy of hope, but you never know if we keep demanding games to be fun, someday they might make one fun.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• Jagsman32Jagsman32 Member Posts: 109

SW: ToR

Rift

Fallen Earth

Hellgate: London

Mortal Online

Xsyon

The last two I dont mind personally because I knew they were going to be bad when I purchased them and was looking at more like an investment. The first 4 were just bad decisions.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I've made some really bad purchases.  Mostly not games though.

The funny thing is the worst game purchases I have made I have pretty much long forgotten.  Maybe I am an optimist that way, I forget the bad games I play and remember the good!  Wish I could do that with some of my other *cough* social *cough* experiences.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I bought gPotatoes once.  /headkeyboard

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

D3

HGL

TR.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119

Anything after EQ.