Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soo.. Its February now..

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

.. Any new timeline that they dont intent to keep?

November... ok no

December... ok no..

January after some Beta.. ok no..

This a fake game? or what?

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by WellzyC

November... ok no

December... ok no..

You gotta hand it to Tasos... he really knows how to kill a MMO.  image

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    It is curious if they ever did intend to release the game when they originally said.  Of course, anybody who was following the original Darkfall though development will notice the same "vaporware" accusations abounded for that game as well.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    It is curious if they ever did intend to release the game when they originally said.  Of course, anybody who was following the original Darkfall though development will notice the same "vaporware" accusations abounded for that game as well.

They way you put it seems like it is possible they never intended to, but could use some upfront cash.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by bcbully

They way you put it seems like it is possible they never intended to, but could use some upfront cash.

They have done it every single time. They announce something huge to get more subs or more people to buy in then they delay it over and over and keep promising it really soon so that peope will hold out and keep paying just in case or keep playing to hope they will be there when it drops, but it never happens. Occasionally you actually do get something from them, like when they actually released the original Darkfall. But as of now, I doubt this is coming out any time soon. I'm sure the beta is working to an extent, but at the same time didn't the original darkfall take 7 years to actually release?

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by bcbully

Just a suspicion, with no way to prove it.  The silence is deafening.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Game is pretty much crossed off my list now...Way better games over the horizon that wont have as many empty promises.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Wonder if they will start charging the monthly subs in March like it said in the pre order.
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    If it's indeed coming, it won't be for a while. The word is there's quite a few issues.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Did he ever come out and say when the game was gonna be released after the beta because i never heard anything like that, the only thing ur going on is the new charge dare and taking a month off it due to game time but they never said that was gonna be the acualy release date did they. They would of had to put something in the field temporarily for payment to go through and that was there goal date of release how ever do to bugs in beta they couldnt meet that goal so it will be changed before the next payment date. Again they never gave an official release date so they did nothing wrong just get over it.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Did he ever come out and say when the game was gonna be released after the beta because i never heard anything like that, the only thing ur going on is the new charge dare and taking a month off it due to game time but they never said that was gonna be the acualy release date did they. They would of had to put something in the field temporarily for payment to go through and that was there goal date of release how ever do to bugs in beta they couldnt meet that goal so it will be changed before the next payment date. Again they never gave an official release date so they did nothing wrong just get over it.

But they did give an official release date. A long time ago. Lets take news from this website for instance "The Darkfall blog has been updated with the news that the official launch date for Darkfall: Unholy Wars has been moved to December 12, 2012. The release was originally planned for November 20th." They planned release dates over and over then eventually in december right as they opened pre orders they basically say hey nevermind we are going into beta testing at the last possible second.

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by PvP4Life
    Game is pretty much crossed off my list now...Way better games over the horizon that wont have as many empty promises.

Pretty much this right here.

I've got Chivalry for pvp till some other games come out. And it has free dlc. How bout that?

I've also got 3 mmos i'm splitting time between and having fun in each, so yeah, I agree with PvP4Life.

^_^ How is Chivalry? Really wanted to try it out hehe looks fun for pvp intensive purposes. 

Right now I am playing Dota 2 and its a great game and all but albeit only balanced for the META game.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Panther2103

But they did give an official release date. A long time ago. Lets take news from this website for instance "The Darkfall blog has been updated with the news that the official launch date for Darkfall: Unholy Wars has been moved to December 12, 2012. The release was originally planned for November 20th." They planned release dates over and over then eventually in december right as they opened pre orders they basically say hey nevermind we are going into beta testing at the last possible second.

Yes im aware of those ones, im talking bout this time, people are bitching cause the next payment is due on march or what ever and people complaining cause its now febuary and there pose 2 get 1month before next payment and AV never stated the game was releasing at start of febuary or that next month payment is accurate.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

Screw AV and their unfun beta and lack of communcation. They have a lot of pvp balancing and content adding to do if they want to release the game anytime soon.

For now I'm robbing carts and kidnapping in Age of Wushu its a really nice change and has more sandbox than DFO. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Could this be called pre-order crowd funding?

On the good side, it sounds like purchasers can play without paying subscription while they wait for release.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Originally posted by XAPGames

Could this be called pre-order crowd funding?

On the good side, it sounds like purchasers can play without paying subscription while they wait for release.

You are glossing over a big glitch for a lot of players though.

Since it is BETA a wipe can happen to your character at any time, and without any notice.  For a lot of players that is a deal breaker for continued enjoyment.  Sure the first few times it isn't too big a deal, but as you get farther along and then suddenly "re-set" back to newbville.  Well... it gets old real quick.  image

It is a BETA (with all its ugly bumbs and bruises) and you get to pay to participate.  That is the way it is.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by WellzyC

November... ok no

December... ok no..

Its not a fake game, simply a game with a crappy Developer. If you bothered to research DF at all you'd know they always do this . DF 1 was delayed several years.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by PvP4Life

^_^ How is Chivalry? Really wanted to try it out hehe looks fun for pvp intensive purposes. 

Right now I am playing Dota 2 and its a great game and all but albeit only balanced for the META game.

Even though this is kind of off topic I might add this, check out mount&blade and the crpg mod it has. Chivalry is like a stand alone version of that mod. Don't have personal experience of chivalry but crpg is sweet.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I was SO excited for this game. I bought my brother a copy and everything, talked it up to all my friends... now I have no intention of playing it. Same old story with them, they are totally inept as developers. No skill, no professionalism... nothing. I fell for the "we've changed our ways!" hype that they were selling, and this is the last time I buy any of their shit. I'm done.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

OMGGGGGGGGG

I dont believe how dumg some of you can be. 

Tasos isnt a dumb guy - he knows exactly what hes doing!

The whole DFUW relase debate was done on purpose! the game was NEVER READY for a release, they just needed money to keep going, thats why the annoucment. Youve all been fooled twice!

They needed your crowd funding to pay the bills!

DFUW will probably release in 2y. by then one month laterDF3 will be annouced. And you will be fooled trice!

Let me say this again: you have been tasosd.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

When you wait until a week before release to say that there are few things to iron out and that you will allow people to prepurchase / sub and test those things before launch then yeah.  Waiting until a week before launch suggests that they were actually close when it seems obvious now they were nowhere near that.  It is either dishonest or they have learned nothing about game development over the last how many years.

I was a fan of DF and played it off and on.  I would rather play DF1 right now.

You say they never gave an official release date and to get over it.  People have been mislead even if it was not through an outright statement.  Everyone else, even fans of the game like myself can see that.  If someone punches you in face but you didn't see it and there are no witnesses and you can't prove it - doesn't mean it didn't happen.  It still sucks.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Well AV will do lots of damage to the games chances of success, its what they do well.  The killing blow will come from the old verteran DF 1.0 community who will tear the game apart (and are doing so now) because they didnt get the quake arena game they had hoped for.  They will kill it with both negative word of mouth and by rampant botting and hacking (like they did to ruin 1.0, using the excuse that its not a quake arena game so its ok to cheat)

Anyway.  Game does exist.  Its a far better game sill than MO, Xyson, whatever earthrise is going to turn out to be, and better than all its other competition in the full loot ffa pvp sandbox game.  It still has this going for it.

The question is...how badly is AV going to damage the games chances further.  Theyve done a fantastic job killing the hype that had build up to its decembre no launch.  How badly will the veteran 1.0 community destroy whats left come launch by botting and hacking?  I forsee AV doing quite a number based on delays and lack of communication to really dampen the launch numbers, then forsee the old verteran community botting and hacking like no other, guranteeing no new players trickle into the game.  This is really the story of the origional Darkfall but now happening again, nearly identically to what drove that game from having a large shot of success to no success..

Mind you very few new players joined 1.0 though out its life, most of the pop fluctuations were returning players and veterans leaving.  2.0 needs to get a new playerbase, one that wont kill the game because its not the game they want, as well as get a constant trickle of new blood through out its life.  That was the big killer of DF, lack of new player traffic and lack of new players sticking around.

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

I'm not a massive fan but fake game?  Did you just post that to get your forum post count up?  Darkfall was not a fake game and they decided for the good of the game to beta test it, good for them I guess. 

edited as quoted wrong post!

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by zerocount

I'm not a massive fan but fake game?  Did you just post that to get your forum post count up?  Darkfall was not a fake game and they decided for the good of the game to beta test it, good for them I guess. 

Well it sure seem to be "fake" considering it seemingly was not the slightest ready for launch when launch day was some months ago. Im sure there is a game but definetly not a finished one. We were told there was just some minor issues which would be solved within a week and now it is february.

My guess is they needed all these preorders to continue develop.

Why tell us the game is close to go gold when it was not?

Why not tell us the real status of the game?

And where is the info Tasos?

Why so silent?

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Well it sure seem to be "fake" considering it seemingly was not the slightest ready for launch when launch day was some months ago. Im sure there is a game but definetly not a finished one. We were told there was just some minor issues which would be solved within a week and now it is february.

Why so silent?

I can't imagine they did this to keep the development funded.  They would not have shut down DF1 if that was the case. . people were still playing that.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Why so silent?

I can't imagine they did this to keep the development funded.  They would not have shut down DF1 if that was the case. . people were still playing that.

Not enough were playing to pay the bills though.  At the end the servers were pretty dead.  They kept the players stalled on the wipe or no wipe as long as they could, otherwise it would have even been worse.