It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Currently playing: HC Diablo 3, DDOMMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2Eu,War.Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic
5. Didn't really play anthing else long enough to even count it.
In the order played:
"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."
1. Dark Age of Camelot
2. Final Fantasy 11
4. World of Warcraft
1. ac 1
2. ac 2
1. DDO (I know, ?)
3. AC 1
1. EVE Online - one of the few sandbox MMO (true mmo in my opinion)
2. Pirates of the Burning Sea (great pirate MMO, proably last one good out there)
3. Guild Wars 2 - big game, big world, lot to do, fun
4. Planetside 2 - if you like FPS, you will love P2
5. Fallen Earth - great sandbox MMO for nuke lovers
5) GW 1 (not a typo)
1. Lineage 2
Though the majority of my time was spent in L2 and WoW.
1) Asheron's Call
3) WoW Vanilla - LK
The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.
The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...
1. WoW (most time spent, more things done)
2. EQ 1 ( started this whole mess for me)
3. The Secret World (victim of the moment, but they tried to be different)
4. FFXI (a bit too grindy, but enjoyable)
5. Not sure
Max leveled : EQ, WoW, Rift, SWTOR, GW2
Played : DDO, CoH, FFXI, TSW, LoTRO, GW1
Originally posted by waynejr2
1. City of Heroes. 2. EQ 3. DAOC 4. WOW 5. LOTRO
1. City of Heroes.
My list is the same as the above.
4. Daoc, i guess, honorable mention for a good game I didn't play
5. WoW, terrible destructive influence that it is I did enjoy many hours of it
1 - Ultima Online
2 - Lineage 2
3 - Final Fantasy XI
4 - Lineage 1
5 - World of Warcraft
1. Ultima Online
2. Dark Age of Camelot (pre toa)
Only a top four here. Played many others that could be listed as #5.
My YouTube MMO PvP Channel
1) Guild Wars 2
2) Guild Wars
3) World of Warcraft
4) Glitch (man, I miss this game!)
Waaaay too many tied for 5th on my list
If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.
1. Everquest 1 (my best memories are in this game and it saddens me I can no longer experience that in any other game)
2. FFXI (another game with a fantastic community and feeling of playing in a world)
3. City of Heroes /Villains (a game that changed so many ideas about the trinity allowing different roles to emerge)
4. WoW (It grabbed me for awhile the vanilla WoW which is more than I can say for a lot of games that came later)
5.Everquest 2 ( the crafting in this game and housing absolutely blew me away in the beginning)
DAOC (SWG + Guild Drama made me leave DAOC)SWG (pre NGE)
Wandering around with old MMO friends looking for a game that comes close to them.
"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"
MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLIJohnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM
1.) Ultima Online (stopped right around Third Dawn)
2.) EverQuest (played off and on for a long time, The Nameless server)
3.) Dark Age of Camelot (pre-Trials of Atlantis)
4.) Final Fantasy XI (from intial U.S. launch until accepted into vanilla WoW beta)
5.) World of Warcraft (from vanilla beta unto Cataclysm, with a few breaks in between)
Many others that could go into a 6th spot, but those were the top five I invested the most time in.
1 EQ- First MMO
3 Lord Of The Rings
1) WOW - BC
2) EVE Online
Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.
Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, TeraTried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS
1. World of Warcraft
3. Pirates of the burning Sea
As a side note, it will be interesting to see some final statistics if those are being gathered, but so far despite the 7 pages of reponses, the top 5 for players seems to be not correlated with the rankings on this website - which are largely governed by these same people responding. For instance, almost every person here has WOW in their top 5 (including me). Why then is it's score so bad?
I don't mean to derail your thread at all and these questions are just rhetorical to give the community something to chew on.
Originally posted by dwarfus
1. World of Warcraft 2. SWTOR 3. Pirates of the burning Sea 4. Rift 5. AOC As a side note, it will be interesting to see some final statistics if those are being gathered, but so far despite the 7 pages of reponses, the top 5 for players seems to be not correlated with the rankings on this website - which are largely governed by these same people responding. For instance, almost every person here has WOW in their top 5 (including me). Why then is it's score so bad? I don't mean to derail your thread at all and these questions are just rhetorical to give the community something to chew on.
I think in part it's a response to the devolution of Blizzard's culture (Diablo III, for example), and the devolution of the game itself.
3.Dark Age Of Camelot
4.World Of Warcraft
~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~