Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRASH counter !

paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

Gonna update this thread for every crash.

Came join the fun !!

Crash! Crash !   CRASH CRASH CRASH !

Huuu  Rah !

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

Comments

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

While I give them credit for a relatively crash free night after prime time last night, here we come to the late afternoon again and here come the crashes.

Crash !

And again.

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Why do people always have to find a constant reason to bash on a game? :/ I get it it's crashing a lot, but guess what?  They've been in OBT for all of a week so far?  Thousands more people than they're used to are logging on now?  They've been getting DDOS'd since Day one of OBT?  And yet you have a reason to complain?  For a great game that you didn't even have to pay for?  
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

What part of BETA is hard to understand? 

OP must feel cheated out of playing time and instead of submitting a crash ticket to the developers runs to this forum to complain.

I simply have nothing better to do when it crashes.

Just crashed again.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by paulytheb

Gonna update this thread for every crash.

Came join the fun !!

Crash! Crash !   CRASH CRASH CRASH !

Huuu  Rah !

BETA.

• VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

OP must feel cheated out of playing time and instead of submitting a crash ticket to the developers runs to this forum to complain.

QFT This is quite possibly the most pointless thread I've seen.

OP here I will help you be part of the solution instead of the problem.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I have yet to crash on POE, I didn't even know this was an issue. Yet, even if it was, why is this thread in existance? To bash a game that is free and in beta?
  • BLeeDzACiDBLeeDzACiD Member Posts: 55
    Turn your Pr0n off maybe will run better = )
  • enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37
    Oh man, I hope the crashes in this free-to-play game that is in BETA and is getting nearly 300,000 people a day logging in, doesn't cramp your style too much. Maybe mommy can give you a little hug.

I thought everyone knew it was an issue?

Didn't mean to make anyone upset, I was merely chronicling the crashes as I was experiencing them.

At no point did I bash the game.

I just thought it would be fun and give me something to do while I waited the 5 minutes for them to reboot the game.

I actually thought others would join in, I misjudged that one by a mile. No matter, will no longer be an issue.

I have stopped. No need to continue if its going to make people upset.

BTW  BETA? No, I don't think so. BETA's are FREE.

If they are charging money. It is RELEASED IMO.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Probably the part where the game is freely open to all comers, a promise of no more wipes has been made, and the cash shop is open for business and taking customers' orders right now.

Originally posted by Banquetto

Probably the part where the game is freely open to all comers, a promise of no more wipes has been made, and the cash shop is open for business and taking customers' orders right now.

You missed addressing the question, also where is your outrage over the game not even in Beta taking players orders?  Hint look at banner at the top of page.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

sounds more like a launched game than a Beta. At least going by those definitions, but its not the only game to claim to still be in Beta while charging for in game content and having a working cash shop etc. It is a bit of a contentious issue i know. image

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

You missed addressing the question, also where is your outrage over the game not even in Beta taking players orders?  Hint look at banner at the top of page.

Are you talking about Neverwinter? That's the banner I've got at the top of the page right now. My outrage was non-existent because I was completely unaware of its existence. Now that you've brought it to my attention, I've clicked on it, and guffawed loudly as what a disreputable and scamtastic racket Perfect World appear to be running. $199.99 in the hope that it will be a good game? Disgusting. And typical for PWE, one of the most shamelessly greedy companies in the industry.

Does that response make you happy?

If it does, perhaps you could step away from your attempted derailment and either acknowledge or attempt to refute the claim that it's a teeny little bit convenient that when PoE crashes, "it's still in beta", but if you ask when it will be released and you'll be able to buy it, "oh, we can take your money and sell you stash tabs, pets, and glowing hats right now, sir!"

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I logged in earlier to try it again and the lag logging in was unbearable. This is the first game that I have ever played that lagged during log in.

Great game once I get in though

Originally posted by Phry

sounds more like a launched game than a Beta. At least going by those definitions, but its not the only game to claim to still be in Beta while charging for in game content and having a working cash shop etc. It is a bit of a contentious issue i know. image

So you make up what BETA means.

Edit:

Love to hear your explanation on how they are to test the Store without it accepting orders and being live.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by paulytheb

I thought everyone knew it was an issue?

Didn't mean to make anyone upset, I was merely chronicling the crashes as I was experiencing them.

At no point did I bash the game.

I just thought it would be fun and give me something to do while I waited the 5 minutes for them to reboot the game.

I actually thought others would join in, I misjudged that one by a mile. No matter, will no longer be an issue.

I have stopped. No need to continue if its going to make people upset.

BTW  BETA? No, I don't think so. BETA's are FREE.

If they are charging money. It is RELEASED IMO.

Around these parts (and not just this game, it is pretty much anything that is remotely popular) anything that isn't rainbows and sunshine is bashing.  I took this as being an "in good fun" type of thread, but I tend to take most things associated with gaming rather lightly.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

The game is in Open beta as stated by the developers. They are offering cosmetics and small things in the cashshop for those that wish to support the game. While I dislike commenting on threads like these, I wasnt going to let misinformation be spread about a game with developers that are working very hard on a well thought out game. The game does crash, beta's have bugs and being DDOSed on top of it isnt helpful either. Ive played since early closed beta and can say that its worth playing despite the server instability.

Best wishes

Saint

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

The client build also states Beta, so while it may have opened it's cash shop, the beta has not ended yet. Following Banquetto's reasoning however, wouldn't this make any "beta" of an MMORPG only accessible by pre-ordering a product also constitute as a "Launched" game?

I'd rather game developers give beta access for free and open the cash shop if they want to. It at least gives them some income, but at least players don't have to pay upfront to play for a product that may be bug-ridden or incomplete.

@Paulytheb

Considering the crashing issue doesn't seem to be major based on player feedback, I'm more inclined to believe that there might be some compatibility issues between your computer's hardware and the game, or that your hardware may not be properly up-to-date. When you crash, do you receive an error and what does it say?

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

The client build also states Beta, so while it may have opened it's cash shop, the beta has not ended yet. Following Banquetto's reasoning however, wouldn't this make any "beta" of an MMORPG only accessible by pre-ordering a product also constitute as a "Launched" game?

I'd rather game developers give beta access for free and open the cash shop if they want to. It at least gives them some income, but at least players don't have to pay upfront to play for a product that may be bug-ridden or incomplete.

@Paulytheb

Considering the crashing issue doesn't seem to be major based on player feedback, I'm more inclined to believe that there might be some compatibility issues between your computer's hardware and the game, or that your hardware may not be properly up-to-date. When you crash, do you receive an error and what does it say?

Madness, in post #9 I directed the OP to the official forum and how to correctly address "bugs" as well as the link to "Known Issues" on the official forums.

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    we don't need this kind of thread.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    So far, I've made it to level 20 and only had one client crash (BSOD conflict with SB driver).  But I've had way too many disconnects, when the server gets over loaded.  But that should calm down once they get more server resources.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Well they call it a beta, I paid nothing. It says beta on their site. So I guess its a beta.