Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 80 guide?

2»

Comments

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Never thought this would happen, but I have gotten addicted to Fractals. The thought that it gets harder and harder as you level up makes me keep going back in there.

Not to mention the loot keeps getting better and better.

• pluzoidpluzoid Member Posts: 152

Apart from what everyone else has posted, here's some novel way to spend your time between waiting for new events.

• Helping others in your guild - you never know when you might need help yourself, and if you help others,  you'd hope they'd repay the favour.
    • completing maps.
    • alts.
    • crafting. 
    • Jumping puzzles - either solo or with you guildies, can make event out of it  :-p
    just some of the stuff my guild does,,as well as wvw and pvp.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yeah I kind of want to reroll an Asura now that I've got my human up to 80.

But I have no idea what class.

Guardian is my human (80) and I reall only like melee classes and I hate pet classes.

Warrior is kind of.. plain?

So I'm thinking on a Mesmer - but I only ever really see people using Greatsword on Mesmer.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Guardian is my human (80) and I reall only like melee classes and I hate pet classes.

So I'm thinking on a Mesmer - but I only ever really see people using Greatsword on Mesmer.

mesmer is my vote very unique class:) GS + staff is a great combo for leveling.. but all mesmer weapons can be used well.. i also like all combos of sword in mainhand...i haven't really used sceptor much yet..  i can pull off some pretty amazing things with my mesmer and able to take on a lot of encounters I never could with my other characters

oh also underwater combat with mesmer is actually a lot of fun:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Best way to get exotic gear is to craft it yourself or do dailies for your jugs of Karma.

I recently got back into GW2 after a 2 month hiatus, and I traded some gems for gold and level leatherworking & jewelcrafting to 400 for a cost of about 17 - 20g, with 800 gems roughly equal to 7g or something (not exactly sure on this, as it fluctuates) which got me a nice 22+ levels using a crafting booster. I am now lvl 50 on my Engineer 40g in my pocket from crafting & salvaging gear for ectos / upgrades and I have a full 80 exotic set waiting for me when I hit 80, which I am taking my time with exploring all the areas I didnt on my first play through.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

You might try the Engineer.  I know it is not Melee (you could run with a wrench kit if you feel like you need to get up and smack something) but it definitely isn't a range class either.  I thought that I would hate it, tried it for my son and it was my first character I got to 80.  Couldn't stop playing it. 

You want to get up close and personal, you can go with a bomb kit, its rigth up close and personal, and you will love it the first time you set off the Big ole bomb and everything goes flying.  :) 

The tool belt skills are the onrly profession skills that can set to what ever you like.  You chose the F1-F4 skills.  The profession is a blast. 

• pluzoidpluzoid Member Posts: 152

I made a Mesmer alt, while they are very unique, and dynamite in pvp, when soloing they can be rather quishy. GGenerally it's better to use ranged weeps like staff and greats word cuz clothes can't take many hits, that's what the clones and phantasms are for. Though clones dy fast and are really for exploding while phantasms can take a few hits, your can find your self dead if overrun by the critters. You can switch web forms in combat, so idf they close enough, you can finish the, off with a sword.

It gets easier past the lvl 30 threshold

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

You can melee with pretty much everyone.

But thief certainly is a melee class.

Warrior is quite varied.

Elementalist dagger/x is a short range caster, just like necro dagger.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Originally posted by Magnum2103

As soon as you hit 80 AND you have enough gold you should:

• Raise a craft to 400 in your profession's armor level if you haven't already.
    • Craft a full set of Rare gear, weapons, and jewelry.  Buy any pieces you can't craft.
    • Put Major Runes/Sigils into Rare gear.
    If you don't have enough gold simply farm Orr events in Cursed Shore or work on map completion in various zones till you have enough gold.

If you hit 80 and have a large amount of gold:
    • Craft or purchase Exotic gear, weapons, and jewelry.
    • Put Superior Runes/Sigils into Exotic gear.
    If you don't have enough gold to do this, run EXP AC or CoF repeatably.  This will net you gold in the fastest amount of time without overreliance on RNG.  It will also earn you badges in which you can purchase exotic gear.

Now, to finish maxing out your character:
    • Run Fractals up to at least level 20.  I recommend getting to at least 28.  Get infused rings from the daily, or upgrade non-infused rings, or purchase rings using infused Fractals Relics if you get really unlucky.  This grind in and of itself takes longer than getting your exotic set, so have patience.
    • Farm a lot of gold (IMO Dungeons > Fractals > T6 Mat Farming > Orr farming) and purchased an Ascended Backpack and infuse it.  This requires 250 Ectoplasms and will take a lot of gold farming to complete.
    • Get 30 Laurels by completing daillies and monthly achievements to buy an amulet and infuse it.
    If you aren't concerned with raising your Fractals to a high level you can avoid the steps above and only raise Fractals to 10 and farm that daily out for uninfused rings.  You can make an uninfused Backpack cheaply if you spend enough time doing your 10 Fractal daily and getting the components for it.  It shouldn't take long, infusing it is the hard part.

Now that your character is 100% maxed in terms of gear you should aim for the cosmetic sets or mix and match a set of your choice:
    • Look at the dungeon sets available to you in Lion's Arch vendors.  Also check your cultural armor sets in your race's city and the invader's set in WvW.  Decide which armor set or combination of pieces you like best and start working on it.
    Finally, some long term goals to work on:
    • Work on your legendary weapons.  This is an extremely expensive task that will require a large amount of luck and time spent exclusively farming.  The karma requirement is only ~1.2 million on average so it's generally not something you have to worry about.  On the other hand the gold requirement with the current cost of materials is anywhere from 800g to almost 2000g, so this will be your biggest bottleneck.  Running a set of AC EXP and CoF everyday will make a small but effective amount of progress to your goal and with persistence you can have a legendary weapon in about 3 months time.
    • Level and max out every other profession to 80.
    • Upgrade your infused backpack to the final cosmetic glowing version.  Again, this is 250 Ectoplasms and is quite expensive.
    • Collect every minipet in the game.
    • Use the Mystic Forge to create special exotic weapons.  These can be as cheap as 50g, but some are absurdly expensive and near the cost of Legendary weapons.
    • Do the special events Guild Wars 2 has (usually monthly) and collect things like endless tonics and minipets.
    • Do WvW daily, work on getting your server to number #1.
    • Raise your Fractal level as high as possible (since the patch it's impossible to go beyond level 50 and 30+ can be fairly brutal).
    • Complete the "Dungeon Master" title by clearing all story mode and explorable dungeons.
    • Farm other achievements and titles.
    • Become a SPvP master and show up on the Tournament leaderboards.

:-O

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Consider this, Guardian is the second easiest class to level up; Warrior is the easiest.

Mesmer is the hardest and Elementalist the second hardest.

Course you can just craft your way to 80 or do WvW but for normal Hearts? Mesmer / Ele is really bad.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Asking for no jokes, no flames or no trolls on a popular and well liked Themepark on this site is impossible.  But like the guy said check Dulfy.net.

Although I have pretty much quit and gone back to Asheron's Call, GW2 still is a very good game for what it does.  As for endgame Guardian might I suggest any form of Alturistic Healing build though.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!