Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I finally subbed

Why did I hate this game so bad? I never gave it a try. I had friends and friends try and get me to sub and I would try it but hate it. I had a coworker finally convince me to give it a real shot and I did and my daughter (she's 8) and I love the game. There are so many dynamics to the game. When I first tried the Gnome, I laughed and almost quit immediately but then I realized that it is sort of out there away from normal fantasy games but coming from CIty of Heroes, it is right on target. I just wanted to share. We love this game and as soon as I get my taxes back I will create a second account and get the $59.99 version!!!!

Comments

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    .....so?..... ...

• silverseed71silverseed71 Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by dadante666
    .....so?..... ...

There's the WOW community I was told about!

Heck, I just wanted to share my story. Sorry.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Grats, have fun.  Too bad you missed WoW when it had a sense of accomplishment which ended after the LK expansion.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Angier2758
    Originally posted by silverseed71
    Why did I hate this game so bad? I never gave it a try. I had friends and friends try and get me to sub and I would try it but hate it. I had a coworker finally convince me to give it a real shot and I did and my daughter (she's 8) and I love the game. There are so many dynamics to the game. When I first tried the Gnome, I laughed and almost quit immediately but then I realized that it is sort of out there away from normal fantasy games but coming from CIty of Heroes, it is right on target. I just wanted to share. We love this game and as soon as I get my taxes back I will create a second account and get the $59.99 version!!!!
    [mod edit]

I doubt it wow doesn't need shills they got too much of the market as it is

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

I wanted to sub for 3 months but considering im having an active sub in tera, i decided to sub for a month lol. Am sick of my druid so i created a paladin, gonna lvl him as ret and prot(so sick of holy ^^). I've always settled on a pvp server but this time, rolled a new char on moonguard jst for a change lmao.

Anyways, hope u had fun ingame, cya xD.

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Thanks for sharing :)

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

well WOW is still the BEST mmo out there, without a doubt. But in this forum are so many haters that just cant share your joy. 

The hobby of the normal mmorpg.com user is to hype a game and then flame it after 2 weeks or cry for a sandbox-pvp-fullloot mmo (that will nerver come).

Originally posted by Mari2k

well WOW is still the BEST mmo out there, without a doubt. But in this forum are so many haters that just cant share your joy. 

The hobby of the normal mmorpg.com user is to hype a game and then flame it after 2 weeks or cry for a sandbox-pvp-fullloot mmo (that will nerver come).

BEST = opinion based and is subjective.  See my post above.

• DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60
    Question: Will they ever release vanilla-WOW like they did EQ. I loved the giant battles at Tarren Mill with the Alliance. That was alot a fun back then. Hell.you had to get to lvl 40 for a mount. That was good times. Oh and have a blast.
    Originally posted by Drinkingbear
    Question: Will they ever release vanilla-WOW like they did EQ. I loved the giant battles at Tarren Mill with the Alliance. That was alot a fun back then. Hell.you had to get to lvl 40 for a mount. That was good times. Oh and have a blast.

Tarren Mill PvP was a blast, I remember as an Alliance toon having to walk through the Barrens to get to the instances.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    .....so?..... ...

Even though he's clearly got a GW2 sig, you're going to use him to insult the WoW community? Think long and hard what volumes that speaks about your intelligence and ability to think logically.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

It's a very well made game.  I haven't played it in years but I had fun while I did.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• bizoux86bizoux86 Member UncommonPosts: 85

It's nice to see someone post in here about something positive! I feel like every other day I see people posting about reasons why they quit the game! It's true though, WoW is a very enjoyable game! It is well rounded, yes it has its faults (as any game does) but the good definitly outweighs the bad IMO.

I had a very similar experience with this game, way back when it was still in Vanilla my then boyfriend and I tried it and really didn't like it (but we never really gave it a chance), tried again when BC was out and again didn't like it! During Cata we started to see the game trailers and decided to give it a try - we became hooked very quicky. Now my husband and I are well into MoP and still really enjoying it!

Glad you are enjoying this great game!

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Yup.  Totally subjective.  I installed it once, played a couple months and then uninstalled.  I found it cartoonish in style and nothing but a pre-teen starter MMO.  Those are my opinions of course and there are millions that love it.  We all have different tastes in games and that's a good thing.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    i think you just sold your soul to the devil. I dont care about you, but your poor little daughter. She will grow up degenerated because you just sold her youth.
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Cool. Hope you have a great time. ( Not bein a sarcastic ass either).

Gotta love some of the responses so far. Not sure there not just trolling you or what. Thats some funny shit right there. Dont care who you are.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Latronus
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Yup.  Totally subjective.  I installed it once, played a couple months and then uninstalled.  I found it cartoonish in style and nothing but a pre-teen starter MMO.  Those are my opinions of course and there are millions that love it.  We all have different tastes in games and that's a good thing.

You didn't have to buy the game to see what the graphics were going to be like, either way they work and have some really beautiful scenes. IF you didn't like WoW graphics, you didn't like its RTS parents either.

I find it amusing you view it as a pre-teen starter mmo.. what mmo do you play that appeals to you the non pre-teen? Curious what it takes to graduate from a childs mmo to an adult mmo.

You are correct, I did know what the graphics were going to be like.  I hoped the gameplay was going to be good enough to make up for it.  Alas, it wasn't for me.

what game do I play that is more of an "adult" game?  Well, since WoW came out catering to the more casual crowd, there have been no games that have come out that have kept my attention.  The industry right now is putting out garbage as a whole in an attempt to recreate what WoW did.  Again, my opinion. [mod edit]

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I am glad you are enjoying it, OP. WoW has given me many good years of mmo memories. I don't play it anymore, but I will won't bash it since I enjoyed the majority of my time playtime.
  • silverseed71silverseed71 Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by MortisRex
    .....so?..... ...

Even though he's clearly got a GW2 sig, you're going to use him to insult the WoW community? Think long and hard what volumes that speaks about your intelligence and ability to think logically.

I wasn't paying attention, but my coworker that has played since the start was the one that told me that the community is bad. In game at least as far as I have gotten, they've seemed ok.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    .....so?..... ...

I wasn't paying attention, but my coworker that has played since the start was the one that told me that the community is bad. In game at least as far as I have gotten, they've seemed ok.

At least you're being an adult about things and apologizing for mistakingly insulting an entire community instead of blaming another person (completely unable to defend themselves) and ignoring any responsibility you have for wrongfully slandering an entire community because you can't bother to "pay attention" and you want an excuse to put down a  complete group or strangers.

.... Oh wait.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

EVE, and has been around since 2003.
    Of cours,e it doesnt revolve around pink elves and cows with swords, still it's full pvp with full loot on.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    .....so?..... ...

I think you got confused by the cynicism of the mmorpg community and mixed it up with WoW's. The WoW community can be bad but their awfulness is usually blown out of proportion. Almost every triple A mmo has the same amount of trolls and assholes as WoW. Try posting your story on WoW's official forums and you get mostly positive reactions.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    .....so?..... ...

He is clearly poking at the so called "bad" community malarkey people here speak of when they refer to the "WoW" community. And I found it as a double HA! Defining both the negative attitude this community has for WoW thus referring to it as a "WoW" community (HA!) AND pointing out the negatively flippant attitude of people like dadante666 (with his "so?" statement) that exist in any and all communities whether they play WoW or not (HA! HA!).

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Nice. I really enjoyed wow when I played it, hope you get heaps of good experiences too!

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    .....so?..... ...

Most people are just regular people wanting to have a good time. The asses you are thinking of are called "the vocal minority", as the name implies they are loud and there are few of them.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?