Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Questing is a lot like Mist of Pandara (phasing quests)"

2»

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428
    there isn't alot of phasing in mop. Now cata was a diffrent story. There was phasing everywhere in cata but mop there isnt alot. There is one section end of valley of four winds and my farm is phased but for the most part mop isnt phased much at all. 
  • CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

My problem is...

"Look at those ruins"

"What ruins?"

"The ruins of that inn that got burnt down during the Orc invasion"

"What Orc invasion? The inn is still there!"

Yes but the other side of the coin breaks my immersion.

I hate when I kill a named mob, important king of the village, and then 20 seconds after the guy respawns! So it makes sense when things are there for you because you didnt do them, but arent for me because I've done them.

The obvious answer to that dialog is: "go do the freakin quest! >.<" lol

• zyklonianzyklonian Member UncommonPosts: 51
    If ESO turns out to be another WoW clone then it wil fail like most other themeparks doing this.   this might be the straw that breaks the camels back in the industry though.  Too bad they have to smear a good ip in the process
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

My problem is...

"Look at those ruins"

"What ruins?"

"The ruins of that inn that got burnt down during the Orc invasion"

"What Orc invasion? The inn is still there!"

As long as that kind of thing doesn't happen I am fine with phasing. I remember playing LOTRO and always seeing other players apparently afk at the same location in Rivendell. It wasn't till I got a high enough character I realised you had to talk to an NPC that only appeared when you hit a certain level or got the quest. That kind of thing really irked me for some reason but it was playable. Anything more is bad imo.

Yes, but what are the alternatives?

a) Having NO impact at all: No matter how often the Orcs invaded, NOTHING ever changes...

b) Having instance stories: There was a super great invasion of Orcs, but only I was ever in that instance, the outside world never changed.

Sorry Phasing irritates you so, but I prefer it over the alternatives. So YEY.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Honestly, the questing doesn't mean much to me. 95% of what I care about is how the endgame RvR is. I'd be willing to suffer through dreadful PvE if it means awesome PvP at the end of the tunnel.
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    Honestly, the questing doesn't mean much to me. 95% of what I care about is how the endgame RvR is. I'd be willing to suffer through dreadful PvE if it means awesome PvP at the end of the tunnel.

Rightly so!!! I have certainly hope that PvP will be the long staying factor for ESO, if not then whats the 3 factions for? and Cyrodiil right? Zenimax better not screw up end game PvP 

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    I cannot wait for this game, that was amazing.  It plays and feels just like Skyrim he said.

it cant hagve phasing and liner questing and still "play and feel" just like Skyrim.

To have liner questing means that there will be level brackets for zones. One area for levels 1-10, next area for 2-20 and the like. This goes hand in hand with their stating that levels 1-50 are just to get you to the heart of the game, PvP. It means the faction zones themselves are meaningless even to the designers placing all their focus on end game PvP. Prepare for another MMO that places its focus on a small portion of the game creating a whole lot of meaningless content.

The game is not going to be like TES except for names of places and NPCs...

Everything you just said is made up on your own beliefs.  I heard the guy who actually played it and will take his advice over yours. I like factual information not your make believe BS.

Go read the LATEST interview on this very site. And NO, you cant have liner questing without gated content unless that content is SCALED... With no SCALING content, it means that zones will have set level content, set level content means zones with level restrictions. Deal with it.

The queting isnt hub based like in most mmo's its exploration based, there are multiple paths to aquire the same quests, its not as linear as most themeparks

He doesn't understand...don't bother explaining it.  He has been ripping the game since day one.

Right, so the thread is about how questing is like WoW...but when someone says no kidding, the person doesnt understand it, he is a hater.

Ok, I AM a hater. I hate the fact that an IP that is open world, is being made non-open and instead of being made old-school MMO, they are using tired MMO genre stagnant ideas that most people are sick of yet still for some reason get glassy eyed fanboish defensive about...until a few months after release when they turn rabid complainer about how the game is just like every other MMO. Derka derp.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson