Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do today's gamer's even play MMO's for PVE anymore or is it all about ganking and pvp now?

14567810»

Comments

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

While I disagree with the plate armor analogy because for that to work plate armor would still have to be worn on the body, I do agree with the 5 year span.

It may not represent the entire MMO market, but it does represent the type of games that are being produced.

I do not limit to MMORPG, but consider all MMO.

I'm going to wear plate armor to Comic-Con this year :)

edited to indicate warfare :)

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    for me I won't play a mmo that doesn't have robust pvp endgame. I like some aspects if pve like crafting and exploring, even small scale dungeons.

But I hate hate hate being forced to raid to progress. Raiding sucks, raiding isn't fun, raiding is 2nd job - you have to turn up at a fixed time and deal with a whole mess of "office politics"

Good post, And i think this is how many of us older gamers feel. We certainly dont have time for the silly raids (Atleast most of us) 

Isn't that what LFD/LFR is for? No more commitment, and politics. Click a button and you have a group. Just join with a few friends and have fun.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

While I disagree with the plate armor analogy because for that to work plate armor would still have to be worn on the body, I do agree with the 5 year span.

It may not represent the entire MMO market, but it does represent the type of games that are being produced.

I do not limit to MMORPG, but consider all MMO.

I'm going to wear plate armor to Comic-Con this year :)

Gah, I don't go to Comicon anymore, too crowded, even though I get in for free.  Now, I'm more of a Wondercon kind of guy, already have my tickets for this year.  No, not wearing plate armor.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• vadess40vadess40 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I am PVE all the way and wouldn't show my face in a pvp server even if someone paid me to. Honestly, I've found that if the trolls and griefers are going to hang out anywhere, it's going to be in pvp areas. And I don't troll, nor do I like being trolled so I hang out in areas where my job is to "kill the pc" literally and stay there.
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I think it's sad that 200 people argued what the OP presented without checking to see if it was factual or if it even made logical sense.

Now that's unfair. A fair number just showed up to add a snark to the general rabblerabble.

These is "GroupX the Problem?" threads always turn out so well.

Good point. It definitely does have some decent entertainment value.

Then the purpose of the thread is complete it was ment for good entertainment value. After all is that what we are gaming for is entertainment?

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by Vonatar

The poll is coming out pretty much as expected. As has been said, pvpers are like all vocal minorities - you think there are a lot more of them than there actually are.

Also I think in this era of lazy devs and money-hungry suits, companies have worked out that pvp is the cheapest way to achieve longevity in a game. No need to design tons of content if you can have people pvping in the same area over and over....

The poll is biased keep in mind... its like asking "Is Obama a good president?" on the huffington post.

How many recent games have open world ganking mixed with PVE content anyway?  People on WoW complain about getting ganked on a PVP server.... seems like a silly issue in reality.  PVP IMO is just more interesting.