Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Info on PvP. Cyrodiil to hold 2k players.

2»

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    hows is it going to work if you want to join a campain that your friends are in that is full? will there be a transfer/que system? haven't really looked into it much

First it will probably be a good idea to coordinate to get into a campaign that has space for you and your friends both. But if you do somehow end up in the wrong campaigns anyway, you can transfer to another. But they don't want people bouncing back and forth through campaigns so there'll be a cost... possibly accumulated PvP points in the campaign, or a portion of it.

And that is the inherent problem with this time of pvp system.  Either a)  it could inconvenience those trying to play together in the same campaign, or b)  it could be easy to access but potentially exploitable.  Or even worse, players risk being stuck in a campaign where their allegience has no chance to win or gain anything and leaving prevents them from entering another campaign for a length of time.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • Originally posted by achesoma
    Or even worse, players risk being stuck in a campaign where their allegience has no chance to win or gain anything and leaving prevents them from entering another campaign for a length of time.

That's actually a really good thing. Otherwise people will just move to another campaign when they're losing.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Because of 3 factions there's never a situation where you can't win.

If 1 side is dominating people always gang up on that faction.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by cronius77
    im pretty excited now , he finally confirmed that the game will have realm abilities through pvp and realm point system just like dark age of camelot had and what really screwed guild wars 2 for me. I know this isnt DAOC 2 but man if they nail the pvp like DAOC had with a more refined feel they can hit it out of the park with the old DAOC and WAR crowd for sure. Im looking really forward to more info on their exact system for pvp for sure. I love skyrim and oblivion for sure but long term pvp I think DAOC had the best and its good to see they are designing their pvp system around DAOC.

Can't wait for some meaningful pvp again.  Been so long.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Sounds fun. I look forward smashing sissy elves, fat nords, and scaly lizards. Can't wait!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

not always true sometimes one side can be strong enough to take on 2 others.. but just isn't as likely...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by achesoma
    Or even worse, players risk being stuck in a campaign where their allegience has no chance to win or gain anything and leaving prevents them from entering another campaign for a length of time.

That's actually a really good thing. Otherwise people will just move to another campaign when they're losing.

Like I said,  it's a flawed system to begin with.  Yes, it prevents exploitation of the system but at the cost of being potentially stuck in a campaign that players have no chance of winning.  How fun is that?  Imagine getting into a bad run of campaigns where your allegiance keeps getting overrun. 

Like I said,  it's a flawed system to begin with.  Yes, it prevents exploitation of the system but at the cost of being potentially stuck in a campaign that players have no chance of winning.  How fun is that?  Imagine getting into a bad run of campaigns where your allegiance keeps getting overrun. 

You do like people did in RvR in WAR and DAoC. Midnight raids, guerilla warfare, and picking them off and seperating the enemy. If anything being out numbered enhances my gameplay, because it makes the think beyond the zerg mentality.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

You do like people did in RvR in WAR and DAoC. Midnight raids, guerilla warfare, and picking them off and seperating the enemy. If anything being out numbered enhances my gameplay, because it makes the think beyond the zerg mentality.

He hasn't played DAoC obvously, it works just fine.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Interesting. Hopefully its not just one huge zerg but multiple battles happening all over the zone.

the difference for you zergmongers is the players back when DAoC was popular and the players today. nothing they can or will do will prvent the zerg mentality form taking prominence. nothing, so accept it right now and get se to it. or hop from game to game that offers higher numbers than 15v15 pvp and cry zerg all along the way.

there will be "zergs". as well as small groups fighting multiple battle of course...but all posts about the game will be focused on OMG ZERRRRG! post launch. 

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

unless you're playing the secret world....though their implementation of it is by far the worst i have seen.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Interesting. Hopefully its not just one huge zerg but multiple battles happening all over the zone.

the difference for you zergmongers is the players back when DAoC was popular and the players today. nothing they can or will do will prvent the zerg mentality form taking prominence. nothing, so accept it right now and get se to it. or hop from game to game that offers higher numbers than 15v15 pvp and cry zerg all along the way.

there will be "zergs". as well as small groups fighting multiple battle of course...but all posts abotu the game will be focused on OMG ZERRRRG! post launch. 

which is true for any large scale battle in anything... zergs will happen no matter what in my experience.. as long as there's systems in place that allow you to be effective outside a zerg with a small group then i enjoy the battles.. large scale PVP doesn't work for me when zerg is really the only viable way to play..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Originally posted by achesoma

In competitive games someone has to lose, I'm afraid. I think the important thing is that you can at least gain Alliance points and advance your character while doing it.

Originally posted by Betaguy

He hasn't played DAoC obvously, it works just fine.

That's true.  I never played DAoC.  And I'll give you that it worked great...11 years ago.  The MMO demographic is completely different now.  You can't assume it will work again.  This is different era.  And having three factions doesn't make it automatcally immune to flaws. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    He has a point about the mmo demographics. It's why I don't like this megaserver, because people can switch campaigns (yeah they pay a price, but its not the same as having to reroll on another server), and can even guest in friends campaigns. So expect a lot of path of least resistance types swapping their campaigns around.
  • I hope they're not afraid to increase the cost of switching campaign if that type of behaviour is too frequent.
    I hope they're not afraid to increase the cost of switching campaign if that type of behaviour is too frequent.

Agreed, If they do the Alliance Ranks/points similar to RR, I would like to see it cost at least a full rank.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    I hope they're not afraid to increase the cost of switching campaign if that type of behaviour is too frequent.

Agreed, If they do the Alliance Ranks/points similar to RR, I would like to see it cost at least a full rank.

Yup and a minimum of 2 weeks cd on when you can switch again