Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Does anyone know why AoC never really took off?

124»

Comments

• quasar941quasar941 Binghamton, NYPosts: 159Member

Bottom line for me: it's just  not that great of a PVE game. The game play doesn't even come close to say, WoW or Vanguard and the toxic community makes you want to avoid other players at all costs. Don't get me wrong,  It's a very good looking game but it's always seemed to me that they pissed away their entire budget on the graphics engine and combo system then added everything else at the last minute as an afterthought.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by paul43

I remeber I played my first character to 50 the first time I played.  Tortage was great but I remeber the quest after Tortage, and I wondered if my speakers had broken down or something.

It wasn't just that the voice from almost all the quests disapeared, it was also the quality of the quests, from doing relative epic stuff like exploring a prison dungeon, replacing virgin blood with hooker blood and blowing up a volcano, your back to collecting 10x wolf pelts, then 10x badger pelts, and next quest was to collect 10 planks... wtf.

agree, stark contrast between Tortage and after

- leading to big disappointments w AoC

124»