Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Internal Cultivation

MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Hey, guys.  

I'm wondering if I need to make sure I level up both my Shoalin Internal Skill (Meditation) and my Jianghu Internal (Self Recollection).

I got to level three in Self Recollection before joining Shaolin, and then picked up the Meditation internal from my school.  I am confused about how I should progress here. Can anyone help?  I've looked at some of the guides online, including the official beginner's guide, but they don't really explain the system very well.

Thanks in advance!

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Comments

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Hey, guys.  

I'm wondering if I need to make sure I level up both my Shoalin Internal Skill (Meditation) and my Jianghu Internal (Self Recollection).

I got to level three in Self Recollection before joining Shaolin, and then picked up the Meditation internal from my school.  I am confused about how I should progress here. Can anyone help?  I've looked at some of the guides online, including the official beginner's guide, but they don't really explain the system very well.

Thanks in advance!

Level up your shaolin internal, don't level your jianhu one for now, wait til later.  For now your school internal is more important, it gives you better stats as you leveling up.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Park97 pretty much nailed it, the first internal is nowhere near as powerful as your schools 1st internal and you need to level up your schools internal to get to the next level of school internal as well.
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Thanks for the replies.  I really appreciate it.

Can you elaborate more on the Jianghu skill, and why I would want to level it up later?  I get that the school internal is stronger, but I'm wondering what the benefit is of going back and finishig Jianghu, and when I should do that.

This part of the game is confusing because it's not explained very well. If they did this on purpose to make the system more mysterious, I can accept that.  I just wonder why it is not explained better.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Hey, guys.  

Thanks in advance!

From my understanding in the game it isn't important at all to raise the Jianghu internal (along with those basic Kung Fu skills)

You are going to want to mainly focus on your School internal and not even skill up your fight skills until much later on. The main reason being your energry (mana) will burn up so fast and then you will be just standing there useless.

If you insist on levleing fight skills I would do it in proportion to 1 skill level / 10 internal levels.

At lvl 30 internal you can also start training the new school internal skill which we just recently added.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

Can you elaborate more on the Jianghu skill, and why I would want to level it up later?  I get that the school internal is stronger, but I'm wondering what the benefit is of going back and finishig Jianghu, and when I should do that.

This part of the game is confusing because it's not explained very well. If they did this on purpose to make the system more mysterious, I can accept that.  I just wonder why it is not explained better.

later on they will open the meridian feature, the more internal skills you have, the more meridian nodes you can open, each meridian node give you certain stat. for example if you have email internal skill, you might open the corresponding meridian node which gives you better defense.

for jianhu internal the one you currently having, at level 36 it gives certain stats, I remember it can ignore 50 points of damage.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by park97

later on they will open the meridian feature, the more internal skills you have, the more meridian nodes you can open, each meridian node give you certain stat. for example if you have email internal skill, you might open the corresponding meridian node which gives you better defense.

for jianhu internal the one you currently having, at level 36 it gives certain stats, I remember it can ignore 50 points of damage.

Man that clears things up for me too, I know there is so much more depth to this game than we on the NA server are seeing. I wonder if we are going to have the full game when it officially releases in a few weeks.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Self Recollection max lvl20
    Originally posted by Wighty

Man that clears things up for me too, I know there is so much more depth to this game than we on the NA server are seeing. I wonder if we are going to have the full game when it officially releases in a few weeks.

They have said they will open up the internals as a portion of the player base gets to the point where they can actually use them. I don't know what percentage they are looking at but overall this is a good thing as it stops someone from sky rocketing above everyone else in abilities. So far I have only seen a very small handful of players at the point in the 2nd tier they would be eligible for the third.

Originally posted by Wighty

I wasn't aware of this.  Are there game systems that we don't have in NA that are released in Asia?

As far as I know, in NA version we don't have meridian system, and school's ultimate skill set. On chinese server they already released 5th internal, and each school got its own ultimate skill set.
    As far as I know, in NA version we don't have meridian system, and school's ultimate skill set. On chinese server they already released 5th internal, and each school got its own ultimate skill set.

Also 4 new flying skills that have max level 5, so you can cultivate your flying skills.

Very cool.  More stuff to look forward to.

lol fairy tales, 5th isnt released still in development, "flying" skills are lvl3 max, and You cant cultivate them

even russian version got meridians 

Well you know better, thanks for correcting it, don't want pass the wrong info.
    Originally posted by AresPL

lol fairy tales, 5th isnt released still in development, "flying" skills are lvl3 max, and You cant cultivate them

even russian version got meridians 

I think the fact that we didn't get bombarded with all the internals+meridians up front was a good thing. Puts a dampner on the idea of P2W as the slow release means others will catch up to you before you can go any further without paying anything. You will just there first.

Speaking of pay to loose, I went in a TV run with someone last night...he was level 30 second internal. I thought to myself hell yea this will be a breeze...no...the guy was an idiot opening chest when dead people had not made it back to the group yet resetting the boss, attacking the boss when we were not ready and spawning the assasins who were able to pounce us because we were spread out...hitting the 5 minute boss and then running out of the area causing a reset and forcing us to fight the much harder boss that spawns....made me think about this forum and the pay2loose term used sometimes...seriously all the money spent on cultivation didn't add one ounce of playing ability.

dependfs how its handled, in russian version everyone could play from CB2 without time limit, so there wasnt problem with meridians, if they would open it in NA version from CB2 a lot people would be to hard to kill for newbies