Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From SOE and Flying Labs

TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

Customer Service Notification

Ahoy there!

As you may know, Pirates of the Burning Sea (PotBS) will be leaving SOE's family of games at the end of the month and setting sail with Portalus Games. Portalus may be a new name, but the people behind it are veterans of Flying Lab who love the game. They have banded together to form a new company whose sole focus is PotBS, and will continue running, developing, and expanding the game into the future.

I'm personally very excited about Portalus and I'm looking forward to where they'll be taking PotBS, but it will be as a player, not as a member of the development team. I've had a lot of great moments in the development of Pirates, and while the details of these moments are wildly varied, they all revolve around the same thing: interacting with you, the players. We decided to build an MMO because we wanted to have a more direct relationship with our players, and PotBS came through in spades. I’ve enjoyed going out, and meeting and talking with so many of you, and I wouldn’t trade a moment of it for the world.

I want to thank all of you for your support, and if one day you're sailing on the open seas, and you meet a grizzled old Pirate who talks about the old days, think a kindly thought for me. Then give him a broadsides and take his ship!! See you on the Burning Seas!

Russell Williams
- Co-Founder Flying Lab

REMINDER: Pirates of the Burning Sea servers will be shut down at 10:30pm PST on 1/31/13. For details on character transfers, please visit www.portalusgames.com.

Comments

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Good for Russ.  I have a feeling that far from abandoning a sinking ship, he's finally managed to untie himself from the anchor.
  • KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Already migrated! Now I just wish I had time to play :(

Anyways, good move by the folks at portalus games, ill be sure to check the game soon enough, i hope.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i have like 4000 station cash, i think i'm gonna login and convert them to burning sea before i can't :)

i might have found out what i'm gonna play for the next half a year til archeage, or something comes out.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• bywaterbywater Member Posts: 1

Hi im logan bywater a co/leader of SBS special boat service.

cant wait till the game is back up and run by the new company.couple of days at most.

I would like to wish portalus good luck with there takeover of the game.

Also SBS are looking  for any old players who are returning to the game,and new players

who would like to join our guild  on roberts server its a british nation guild/ eu server.

plenty help for new and old players.

the last two games i played just didnt cut it for me swtor/gw2.

i just happend to come across this game and im having alot more fun.pvp/econ is something i enjoy in this game and

its free to play .

give me a shout in game for a invite or if you just need some help.

all players are welcome to come join our guild.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    props for enjoying the game but i'm on the other server.  best of luck recruiting.  I hope that some of the folks who kept away fromPotBS because of the sony tag will try it now.  because it's a different and fun game.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins