Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Opinion: Why WWIIOL is dead.

18911131421

Comments

  • wrath04wrath04 Olympia, WAMember Posts: 89
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    Yes ps forums are monitored, but like I said ( if people could read) is that its all in your approach. You go posting like a raging lunatic, id ban you to.

    ...And I can't imagine some of these guys posting like this, they seem so kind and considerate.

    image

  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember Posts: 387
    Originally posted by Praetalus

    Another why x is dead post... Color me surprised lol. 

     

    The fact this thread is alive makes a pretty good point the game is not dead. :-)
  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    Because its not stug. It may be struggling, but its not dead.

    S!

    image

  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAMember Posts: 183

    Football fans discuss various football franchises.


    Gamers discuss game franchises.


    Not liking a franchise, or joking about it's current management isn't evidence of some psychological problem or personality defect. Just because some people are talking about you doesn't mean you're not the laughing stock of the NFL.


    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    Yes ps forums are monitored, but like I said ( if people could read) is that its all in your approach. You go posting like a raging lunatic, id ban you to.

    Has anyone banned Xoom for calling F2P players free loaders and baggage?


    In other news, Eve Online just had a massive 3000-player battle come out of nowhere. It was completely unscheduled. No HC, no "bloody battles", no AOs.


    It was just some mistake in a random low security system that got way out of hand, and the clash made news outlets. That's the power of a sandbox-style game, of player generated content...things which CRS abandoned long ago.

  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    People use f2p to spy. Mrcheapy is a perfect example. He had a f2p account watching our AB. I'm sure F2P was established for new comers to get a feel for wwiiol,not I be used as spy accounts.

    image

  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    EvE is a completly different animal. Diff game play, diff style, diff demographic. You cant even compare the two. That's like comparing howard stern to mike and mike in the morning. Two completly different radio shows.

    image

  • HodoHodo Raeford, NCMember Posts: 542
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    EvE is a completly different animal. Diff game play, diff style, diff demographic. You cant even compare the two. That's like comparing howard stern to mike and mike in the morning. Two completly different radio shows.

    I guess the Planetside 2 demographic would be closer.

    So much crap, so little quality.

  • OziiusOziius Baltimore, MDMember Posts: 1,394 Uncommon
    Originally posted by Stug
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Another why x is dead post... Color me surprised lol. 

     

    The fact this thread is alive makes a pretty good point the game is not dead. :-)

    And lets be honest... SWG is "dead". My point being that a game isn't "dead" until the servers shut down. Everything else is alive. 

  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    Planetside 2 is a waste. That's a free for all pretty much and has no real strategic value. So I guess that's not even in the same league

    SWG has no future and never did. It was a fad that jusy hasn't realized it yet

    image

  • swindlersswindlers fall river, MAMember Posts: 27
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    Planetside 2 is a waste. That's a free for all pretty much and has no real strategic value. So I guess that's not even in the same league

    SWG has no future and never did. It was a fad that jusy hasn't realized it yet

     You don't consider WWIIONLINE a fad? The only people that ever return are these so called "vets". Niche crowd, niche game, no progress.........................................................fad. If the game was growing then I would say otherwise.

     

    Its the same people answering to the "save us!" emails that come around every 6 months. SAAAAMMMMEEEEE exact people.

     

    That's the funny part for me. Gone 6 months and then parade up in here like they're huge supporters. Not you specifically CE. I know they got rid of you when they weren't liking what you were saying....

  • AbyssussAbyssuss Banja LukaMember Posts: 85
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    Planetside 2 is a waste. That's a free for all pretty much and has no real strategic value. So I guess that's not even in the same league

    SWG has no future and never did. It was a fad that jusy hasn't realized it yet

    PS2 a waste? has way more players and 6k epic battles, last time I checked they don't try milking their playerbase $30 a month by 15 feb and they actually have "updates" you know, patches.....

  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    @ swindlers- Let me just set the record somewhat straight. When I joined in 02, I was a d*ck. I raged and got all anti CRS myself, but I ( at the time) had my own reasons. I had beef with latham and joker007 etc. I got banned for reasons most know, and I DESERVED it. I don't hold a grudge to CRS because I knew what I did wasn't within the guidlines. Years pass and I learned to appreciate what CRS have done and why they do certain things. I take breaks like some due to burnout, why? Because wwiiol can be intense, especially someone like me who puts 110% into my moic duties and AOIC duties. No game out there is player controlled (Hc) like wwiiol. This is no shape or form is a fad. Ps2 will not last and especially not 12 years from now.

    @ Abyssys- Guys who like glitchy games play ps2, and the reason its glitchy is because its free. You notice xbox has less issues than PS3? Because you have to pay to play online. Same thing.

    So a company is aking for assistance? In 12 years they haven't asked anything of us, and now because they are reaching out its a gaming crime? Ill pay $30 a month, hell id pay 40 if it keeps wwiiol online. I think far more people than you think would too.

    image

  • AbyssussAbyssuss Banja LukaMember Posts: 85
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    @ swindlers- Let me just set the record somewhat straight. When I joined in 02, I was a d*ck. I raged and got all anti CRS myself, but I ( at the time) had my own reasons. I had beef with latham and joker007 etc. I got banned for reasons most know, and I DESERVED it. I don't hold a grudge to CRS because I knew what I did wasn't within the guidlines. Years pass and I learned to appreciate what CRS have done and why they do certain things. I take breaks like some due to burnout, why? Because wwiiol can be intense, especially someone like me who puts 110% into my moic duties and AOIC duties. No game out there is player controlled (Hc) like wwiiol. This is no shape or form is a fad. Ps2 will not last and especially not 12 years from now.

    @ Abyssys- Guys who like glitchy games play ps2, and the reason its glitchy is because its free. You notice xbox has less issues than PS3? Because you have to pay to play online. Same thing.

    So a company is aking for assistance? In 12 years they haven't asked anything of us, and now because they are reaching out its a gaming crime? Ill pay $30 a month, hell id pay 40 if it keeps wwiiol online. I think far more people than you think would too.

    No, it's a free to play because its the new mmo model, hence why ww2 has gone that route, its a new game just launched! I like ww2online too, but lack of content updates and surly attitudes from some of the remaining devs makes me think twice about keeping my sub.

  • CeTheGreatCeTheGreat bradenton, FLMember Posts: 84
    That's a fair argument.

    image

  • swindlersswindlers fall river, MAMember Posts: 27
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    That's a fair argument.

    I'm relpying because you've been fair in your replies back to me.

     

    Its not so much that they're asking for assistnce. Its more the fact that they've  asked for assistance, particularly during the time you were gone, and flopped on everything they said would come from that.  Then the story changes, initial intentions change, despite what they stated in the past.

    That's the issue I at least have.

  • LydarSynnLydarSynn Jonestown, ALMember Posts: 181 Uncommon
    I played this for a while years ago. I still check it out every now and again. What happened to the Pacific theatre? How can you continue to play the same war over and over again? It looks to me that the game got stuck in a very long rut. I am surprised though that it is still kicking.
  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAMember Posts: 183


    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    EvE is a completly different animal. Diff game play, diff style, diff demographic. You cant even compare the two. That's like comparing howard stern to mike and mike in the morning. Two completly different radio shows.

    It's comparable to that it relies on player generated content, I'd argue more than WW2online these days.


    CRS has really restricted the sandbox experience in WW2online, and as a result they have a more complicated game which they have trouble managing at many times. They are constantly dealing with high command drama and struggling to keep enough competent HC on both sides. There is always some controversy over the selection of attack orders or the number of attack orders. I don't want to think of how many dev hours have been spent on tweaking the brigade system, or tending to the high commands. That huge battle in Eve recently? Aside from the embarrassing server issues I don't think any fucks were given at CCP; they are not going to crack down on player corporations and the players like it that way.


    They are also both old games in niche markets, and both are the "flagship" products of their respective companies. CCP has generally focused on EvE and kept improving it while CRS seems to have spent the last several years pursuing side projects, returning to WW2online now only as a last resort.


    Before their most recent financial troubles, what was their producer to coder/artist ratio? We haven't had a new armored vehicle since 2006, I'm not sure about a new(not a barely-different variant) aircraft. Yet we got ragdoll physics, a flat cloud layer, some rain, new infantry models and stiff animations, some ugly FPS-killing radial clutter...all things which CRS has admitted have been brought to WW2online as a result of their work on the now-failed Rapid Assault. It's just ridiculous for DOC to say that there isn't a market for WW2online when they've essentially abandoned the project and have been running on subscriber hopes/goodwill for years, all the while we have this notoriously boring and difficult game that is still prospering.

  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember Posts: 387
    Guess I'll just log on tonight and play my favourite game :-)

    HINT: It's wwiiol :-)
  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAMember Posts: 183

    Can anyone confirm if Gopher still works for the company?

  • pittpetepittpete poughkeepsie, NYMember Posts: 233

    I've asked this recently and was told yes.

    DOC, Gophur, Bloo & Xoom.

    Ramp is on contract work but has a full time job.

    image

  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember Posts: 387
    Oooh ra! Another fun nght last night - guess I'll log on and play a bit of my favourite game :)
  • Karu403Karu403 saint joseph, MOMember Posts: 48

    lol, people have been saying "this game is almost dead" for the last 10 years. but yet it is still here. hanging by  a thread for shure, but still here.

    WWII Online is in a weakened state, but not dead.

     

    " a disorderly mob is no more an army than a heap of building materials is a house" - Socrates

  • Skers11Skers11 Lincoln, NEMember Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Stug
    Oooh ra! Another fun nght last night - guess I'll log on and play a bit of my favourite game :)

    Saturday in general was a blast on the map.  Some really good fights.  

  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG MelbourneMember Posts: 1,245 Uncommon
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    Planetside 2 is a waste. That's a free for all pretty much and has no real strategic value. So I guess that's not even in the same league

    SWG has no future and never did. It was a fad that jusy hasn't realized it yet

    Planetside 2 is now officially a success story, despite how you twist the truth. There are more people at any given time, in 1 region, then you can ever find in WWIIOL.

    It's own in-house game engine is hailed in the industry for it's innovation.

     

    SWG has more players even in it's final days then WWIIOL ever has, and more people remembers and misses SWG after it is gone then WWIIOL is when even though it is still alive.

     

  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember Posts: 387
    Yup...Axis were really bringing on - a very effective in list with a co-ordinanted attack on the a AB. It was painful to watch!


    The only dead thing about this game where the corpses in the fields!
This discussion has been closed.