Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Beta Keys Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that it is preparing to send out Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn closed beta keys to registered players in the very near future. The team is encouraging players to log into their account to ensure that the email of record is correct.

In preparation for the beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have an announcement for players who meet the requirements for legacy status.

Before the beta test servers go online, an e-mail containing your beta registration code will be sent to the address registered with your Square Enix Account. Please confirm that your e-mail address is correct before the codes are distributed.

Link: Square Enix Account Management System

* Refer to the FAQ for details on confirming or changing your e-mail address.

We are still recruiting beta testers. If you are interested and have yet to apply, be sure to visit the beta test application site.

Head to the links above to check your information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Already checked, hope I make it in the first beta.
  • AlgaAlga Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Checked and ready, give me a key already.
  • Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    I received an email saying sign up for the beta but I allready did so just waiting for the key, I hope legacy members get a key regardless and also I have my FFXIII code too :)

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    lol u had not another pic to post? roegadrim females are so ugly ><
  • DeshaneDeshane Member Posts: 11
    still no key from them :(
  • ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura
    I received an email saying sign up for the beta but I allready did so just waiting for the key, I hope legacy members get a key regardless and also I have my FFXIII code too :)

As a legacy member you should be given access to the beta :) 

From Beta road map:

Beta Test Phase 1

- Phase 1 characters will be deleted at the start of phase 2.

- The data center will be located in Japan.

- Between 5 and 10 Worlds will be available.

- All races and genders will be playable.

* Certain customization options will be unavailable until phase 3.

- The level cap will be set to 35.

- Eorzea time will be implemented (morning, afternoon, evening, night, etc.)

- All Legacy status holders qualify as testers in phase 1.

- The following will be implemented for testing:

Main scenario (partial) / Sidequests /  Class quests / Full Active Time Events

Hunting Log / New behest  / Dungeons (up to level 35)

Opening event (excluding CG movie) / Cutscenes / Player Search

Markets / Item Search (text strings, HQ, materia, etc.) / Other

- In addition to the above, the following is also scheduled:

Fall damage testing / Alpha feedback revisions (part I)

Alpha UI feedback revisions (part I) / Graphical tweaks

Performance optimization

- In addition to the above, the following is also scheduled:

Fall damage testing / Alpha feedback revisions (part I)

Alpha UI feedback revisions (part I) / Graphical tweaks

Performance optimization

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Damnit wish I had legacy status, wasn't interested till I heard they was remaking the game.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    nvm, Seems i need a "Members key" for the ps3 beta...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

Not at the moment no. You can't accquire any keys anymore until a later stage of Beta. If you had old keys and purchased copies you never registered, you cannot enter the key until the last stage of Beta when they activate that function once more. Right now the only people who are going to get in to any of the early stages of Beta are those who have purchased the game, registered it on their SE account prior to the deadline, and likely attended portions of the Alpha test.

As Beta stages progress, they'll let more and more people in from the general public. At the moment they are letting people who actually gave them money when the project was just a LONG way from completion the benefits they feel those players have earned and deserved for enduring the pain of FFXIV 1.0.

Also people, don't get be spamming your email boxes just yet. SE said they will be releasing the Benchmark this month BEFORE they invite anyone into Beta 1.

So make sure your email is correct. Watch their website for the Benchmark, then you can check your emails for invites.

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Kind of ridiculous that not only did we have to purchase a complete piece of shit for a game but we had to subscribe to the peice of shit for 90 days for legacy status. I think the money I wasted just buying it should be good enough.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by couponfork
    Kind of ridiculous that not only did we have to purchase a complete piece of shit for a game but we had to subscribe to the peice of shit for 90 days for legacy status. I think the money I wasted just buying it should be good enough.

agreed! x2!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Very exciting, hope I get in!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    i was in the alpha test, but applied again, lets see if that screws me over hehe.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Isn't that the point? To reward loyalty.  Square is a big part of my childhood,  subscribing for 3 months within a two year span (where the first year was FREE) is not asking much.

To each his own I guess.

They wanted people who really wanted to support the announced changes that were in production. If you didn't want to support them when they needed you to support them, then you get no reward. That simple!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

They wanted people who really wanted to support the announced changes that were in production. If you didn't want to support them when they needed you to support them, then you get no reward. That simple!

No, what they wanted was money.  Some people gave them more.  But really anyone who bought the box gave them more than anyone ever should have.

makes sense.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

That's a backwards way of looking at it.

It's not there for people to pony up 90 days of sub money. It's for people who stuck with the game for 90+ days.

Your purchasing a "piece of shit for a game" is on you for not waiting around for reviews, opinions, etc. It's sad that it wasn't great but that's what happens when people jump in.

for those who did stick with the game they get a "thank you".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Sovrath

That's a backwards way of looking at it.

It's not there for people to pony up 90 days of sub money. It's for people who stuck with the game for 90+ days.

Your purchasing a "piece of shit for a game" is on you for not waiting around for reviews, opinions, etc. It's sad that it wasn't great but that's what happens when people jump in.

for those who did stick with the game they get a "thank you".

Exactly.

It's more of an admission that they screwed up big time than you will probably ever see SE give. They don't like to admit they were wrong. This is a way of saying "Oh my god we are so sorry please come back we fixed it promise!."

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by adam_nox

No, what they wanted was money.  Some people gave them more.  But really anyone who bought the box gave them more than anyone ever should have.

For starters, they are making these changes for anyone and everyone who bought the box. If you had a registered copy of FFXIV on your SE account, that means you bought the game. If you've been actually caring about the game AND following the game, you'd know that EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT THE GAME, REGISTERED THE GAME, AND APPLIED FOR ALPHA WAS INVITED INTO THE ALPHA TEST.

If you were in Alpha Test, you'd be right in line for Beta 2 and wouldn't have to sign up for beta.

So if you're "angry" that you get no reward for BUYING the game, you should only be angry at yourself for not reading those Final Fantasy XIV newletters, websites, or any related news about the game and its development. They announced numerous times of the coming changes and alpha tests. If you missed that boat then you only have yourself to blame.

and one last note on the 90 days thing, some people enjoyed the game the way it was.  Just because a game isn't your style or what you wanted doesnt make it suck, just makes it some one elses game.

Originally posted by korr
    and one last note on the 90 days thing, some people enjoyed the game the way it was.  Just because a game isn't your style or what you wanted doesnt make it suck, just makes it some one elses game.

Uh... you think SE remade an entire game cause it was good? No, they made an entirely new game because the general consensus was that it SUCKED. Thanks for your one last note, it was very very informative.

I never said I was angry by the way, to everyone claiming I am. I said I think it is ridiculous, which it is. Beta invites should at least be prioritized to those who purchased the original failure they pushed out. Here's to hoping V2 will be a great game.

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    I better get in first run considering I paid for the boxed copy back when the game was unplayable

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

Originally posted by FelixMajor
    I better get in first run considering I paid for the boxed copy back when the game was unplayable

Nice to see someone else realistic, be prepared to get torn a new one by the all the FF fanboys.

Originally posted by FelixMajor

I absolutely HATED Finaly Fantasy XIV 1.0. I could barely play the darn thing in Beta and I didn't even buy it on release.

But I bought a copy of it in 2011 for $20 and played it a little for free until December 2011.

In Janurary 2012 they announced Legacy, with special mounts, perks, and other rewards for players who wanted to help invest into A Realm Reborn. That was over a YEAR AGO now.

I played until about April of 2012 because I just wanted Legacy, but otherwise didn't really care much for the game at all. I couldn't even stand the game, even then. But I did want to support remaking the game as a whole.

In late 2012 they announced they were closing down 1.0 and Alpha Sign-Ups were available. I applied for Alpha.

In December 2012 I was able to enjoy Alpha, just like everyone else who bought the game and signed up.

If you wanted priority access to Beta 1 or Beta 2, you should have known this was going on. If you created a SE Account, bought the game, registered it, and played it even a little -- you would have been supplied with Newsletters and Letters from the Producer. 

If you didn't know any of this was happening, then frankly you don't deserve to get into Beta 1 or Beta 2, period. Regardless if you bought the game. You'll get in during Beta 3 or Beta 4 like everyone else.

Period. SE gave you TWO YEARS to give a darn about Final Fantasy XIV. So don't come complaining about it now if you aren't getting "what you deserve".