Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

simple fix to open up the lands of Tamriel to all players.

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    the problem with opening up a bunch of different rulesets for servers is just like DAOC and WAR both had issues with populations on those realms. Plus how would they blend in the factional pvp system if they wanted to do the realm pvp system as the other servers would? See thats the main issue with servers , a mega server will always have people fighting in pvp and keeping the end game drive going without having to worry about merging servers like every other game thats released in the last few years have had to do . While Im all for trying to make all the players happy with different rulesets , they would be issolated from the main server for the pvp campaigns for them to work.
  • jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

<How about no.>

I dont understand your reasoning behind your arguement., JimDandy.  The reasons that I like my idea is because as a pvper, it gives us the opportunity to have a very large playing ground to have fun.  And as a player who doesn't pvp, we can explore, quest, and discover the whole land of TESO.  

So what do you not like about it? Your answer was too vague for my understanding. 

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Originally posted by Fishmitts
    Originally posted by Fishmitts
    How about no.

Great post, keep those ideas rollin in..

You mean like the awesome ideas of the op? Whether this particular choice is good or bad has yet to be determined, and the sheer amount of bitching over it is absurd.

First time on these forums?? Welcome:)

Naw, but I vainly hope that if I keep pissing into the ocean of piss someone will wake up and realize what it is they are swimming in.

Well, if were going to bring body waste into the conversation. You ever hear the saying, "shit in one hand and wish in the other"?  Yep..

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by jacktors

I dont understand your reasoning behind your arguement., JimDandy.  The reasons that I like my idea is because as a pvper, it gives us the opportunity to have a very large playing ground to have fun.  And as a player who doesn't pvp, we can explore, quest, and discover the whole land of TESO.  

So what do you not like about it? Your answer was too vague for my understanding. 

Simply put, if that was something the developers wanted you to do, you would be allowed to do so. Maybe they want pve/pvp segregated? Maybe they feel a smaller area will cut down on that "looking for a fight" that oh so many of you complain about when play feilds are made large. No one in this thread has been hands on to even be able to form a semi coherant opinion on the matter.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Simply put, if that was something the developers wanted you to do, you would be allowed to do so. Maybe they want pve/pvp segregated? Maybe they feel a smaller area will cut down on that "looking for a fight" that oh so many of you complain about when play feilds are made large. No one in this thread has been hands on to even be able to form a semi coherant opinion on the matter.

amen brother but you are preaching to the wrong crowd here , this is about the most jaded site on the net when it comes to games. This game on this site is going to be a failure by majority of the people posting here. I too take the wait and see approach but apparently on this site its just to much to ask of people.

Jimdandy

We cant form an opinion? That is what these forums are for.  Even the game Devs read these forums and promote offering ideas.  I am sure many game devs get design ideas from listening to their potential customers. Does that make a bit of sense to you?  Or can you not understand this way of thinking. 

Maybe the devs want to implement the ideas you have suggested, but if the majority of their potential customers are screaming for the opposite design on their forums, then they better start thinking about a way to reverse their ways of doing things. Or, they will lose their game fast. That is a tested recipe for disaster. 

Originally posted by cronius77

amen brother but you are preaching to the wrong crowd here , this is about the most jaded site on the net when it comes to games. This game on this site is going to be a failure by majority of the people posting here. I too take the wait and see approach but apparently on this site its just to much to ask of people.

If everyone took a wait and see approach, what the fuck would we talk about. Boobs? ok, my gf has pretty nice boobs.

there is plenty of bad games already out to bitch and moan about hell i do it a lot myself I just would like to actually play through a bit of this game first before i form a good or bad opinion of it is all im saying really.

<there is plenty of bad games already out to bitch and moan about hell i do it a lot myself I just would like to actually play through a bit of this game first before i form a good or bad opinion of it is all im saying really.>

Yes, but wouldn't you rather offer a few popular ideas that you like to see in the game that would make you enjoy it more?  TESO cannot afford to just put out a game with no community feedback and HOPE that most of the community like what they put out. They have a great place to see just what theie potential future subscribers demand for them to be considered long term customers. 

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    there is plenty of bad games already out to bitch and moan about hell i do it a lot myself I just would like to actually play through a bit of this game first before i form a good or bad opinion of it is all im saying really.

We was all getting along and having a productive conversation. TES has always welcomed fan feedback, no one is forcing you to read these threads.

Ok, understood. Tell ya what, I'll talk about a good game imo. A great little indie dungeon crawl called Legend of Grimrock. 5 bucks on steam and well worth it!

Yes, but wouldn't you rather offer a few popular ideas that you like to see in the game that would make you enjoy it more?  TESO cannot afford to just put out a game with no community feedback and HOPE that most of the community like what they put out. They have a great place to see just what theie potential future subscribers demand for them to be considered long term customers. 

you are absolutely right , everyone should put up suggestions but that isnt the issue in threads here . Its the general negativity of people here trying to force their agenda. I myself enjoy three faction pvp with locked zones so I do not see any issues with this myself at all. Am I wrong for enjoying this? Are you wrong for not? not really but people are attacking each other over ideas that no one even knows in the end will be in game or not. I get involved in conversations here on this game and others myself all the time , but when it starts turning into just flaming each other I move on . This game is getting a worse rap here than SWTOR and I do not see any info released yet that makes it deserving of that is all.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Yukmarc
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    honestly, at this point I'd be all for it. I'd rather have that then 3 distinct lands where I have to roll 3 distinct characters.

I'm HOPING for 3 distinct lands where you can only choose 1 land per server to avoid those people that want to logoff during PvP and join the winning side during a battle. You pick one realm per server and should not be able to switch!

Well, I think you misunderstand.

You pick your side and then that's the only side you can create a character on. That solves the issue except for those people who buy multiple accounts to do exactly what you don't want to happen.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Just add a PvP switch to allow those people who want to PvP in open world. And they can play the way they enjoy. And the other population of players who just want to pve, they can choose to do so without being harassed. This isn't rocket science.

They did exactly that in DAoC as well. Had a straight PvP server where all the content was unlocked for all players and a straight PVE server that did the same thing. So who knows? They might just do that.

They actually had 2 of those servers and one of them closed down after a few months (Andred) the other (Mordred) turned into a ghost town because it was obvious thsoe servers attracted the gankers and griefers and anyone who think otherwise are kidding themselves.  No need to do this when the best form of PvP is already being handled within the context of an RvR system.  Anything else is pointless.  Its the reason why there will be no Battlegroudns or Arenas either.  All and let me rephrase it for the thickheaded's here All the PvP takes place in Cyrodill.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Just add a PvP switch to allow those people who want to PvP in open world. And they can play the way they enjoy. And the other population of players who just want to pve, they can choose to do so without being harassed. This isn't rocket science.

They did exactly that in DAoC as well. Had a straight PvP server where all the content was unlocked for all players and a straight PVE server that did the same thing. So who knows? They might just do that.

They actually had 2 of those servers and one of them closed down after a few months (Andred) the other (Mordred) turned into a ghost town because it was obvious thsoe servers attracted the gankers and griefers and anyone who think otherwise are kidding themselves.  No need to do this when the best form of PvP is already being handled within the context of an RvR system.  Anything else is pointless.  Its the reason why there will be no Battlegroudns or Arenas either.  All and let me rephrase it for the thickheaded's here All the PvP takes place in Cyrodill.

Thank you for that mate.

It saved me a lot of time having to type the same crap over and over again and try to explain why factions are.... oh well nevermind - you just saved me a lot of time really! :) Thanks again

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

PvP servers, PvE servers, RP servers. Done, next, move along.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

Dumbest idea ever. How will that promote 3 faction RvR? Also how are you going to fix something that is not broken?

Why don't you figure out what pve areas look the most interesting to you and pick that realm?

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

While I'm tempted with the idea of whole Tamriel being open to all players, I'm not sure on players intentions and the implementation of whole idea.

So, someone would like to go into another faction territory only to explore & quest? Then you basically have GW2 in your TESO game and losing the whole "conflict" theme.

Maybe to do some PVP? What about killing enemy NPC's in enemy faction territory? Allowed or not? If yes, by doing it, you're hurting PVE players.  Not allowing it would be just pointless, since Cyrodiil should offer much more PVE and PVP action.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Or better solution is to go play one of the million 2 faction or FFA PvP games in existence.  I hear WoW has PvP servers for this sort of thing.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Just drop the megaserver and have servers with different rulesets. This mega server limits them as they can't have multiple rulesets, not only that but with the ruleset they choose (core), the mega server will break it anyway with cross realm cheesers.

Rvr servers for those that like both pve and pvp but not together with faction locks
    Pvp servers where you can go anywhere and fight anyone
    Pve servers where you can go anywhere, group / guild with anyone and pvp rewards are removed.
  • MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

The fix is to remove faction/race co-dependence.

That leads to joining the fight a choice. And seeing as the fight is only in Cryodil by arrangement of the 3 factions anyway you don't have to have any PvP outside Cryodil.

Allow any race to join any faction.

Factions are the 3 major houses so you ally yourself individually to a house not a blanket involvement of the entire race. 

Allow free movement throughout the home territories (hometerritories are no fight zones by agreement of the houses/factions as mentioned)...

Problem solved.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Hell, I'd even take rifts opening to enemy territories once in a while (as in Aion) than nothing at all.

But yeah, flagging is a simple yet effective solution. WoW's version for low-level zones works fine in my opinion.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Oh let's hope not. Even in DAOC this proved to be a bad thing, the Frontiers were the territory of the level 50's and while you were forced to go out into them as early as level 20 to complete quests, they were terror filled runs where you quickly completed the main objective and hurried back to the fortress keep before you got ganked.

To resolve this DAOC implemented level appropriate Battlegrounds (persistant, not instanced) and while they were available for pretty much all levels 1-49, players quickly gravitated to 3 or so main ones. 

The first was Thidranki as I recall, and the level range was something like 18-24.   Truthfully, due to the usual power imbalances levels cause, showing up at level 18 pretty much ensured you'd spend a lot of time looking for a rez, but some brave souls would do it.    Since it seemed if you were within four levels of the highest player it was pretty balanced most didn't go there until level 20.

Many players argued that Thidranki was the best PVP DAOC had to offer, fights were easy to find, players were more or less of equal power, and there were few really overpowered skills and abilities that some classes picked up in the higher tiers.

You gained experience for PVP kills, and initially you could do nothing to prevent leveling out of the tier.  About 5 years in they let players level lock themselves, which was cool in one regard, you could stay in the BG zone of your preference (level 44-49 was another very popular one) indefinitiely, however it inevitably lead to very powerful twinks roaming the land.

So I have to ask, if TESO has PVP only in Cyrodill, how to they handle the power balance issues of players with more skills/abilities not totally rolling over newer players.

I can't recall, are there no levels? If so, that would partially solve the problem.  If not, let's hope they didn't forget why DAOC had BG's in the first place, to bring PVP to the newer player.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Waldoe

People find anything and everthing to complain about. Maybe I want to enjoy rerolling a character and not have to fun through the same starting areas over and over again. People complained about there being only one path in RIFT non stop. 

Face it. No matter what Zenimax does with TESO people will be bitching

Opening all three faction-locked regions to all races would not suddenly reduce the amount of content. You would still be able to reroll characters and you would still have multiple starting areas... What exactly is your point? All the OPs idea would do is make the entire world explorable on one character. How would that suddenly reduce the content in the game?

In our era of linear content-heavy MMOs restricting any amount of content in this way is incredibly ill-advised. A lot of people don't like to play alts at all and these players will essentially only have 1/3 of the game's content available to them... It will make the game world feel artificially small... It will also strain the devs as they will have to develop three times the amount of content unless all future regions are PvP regions...

Nothing good can come of it. Simple as.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No that's not a fix, you just get a wishy wishy ruleset that breaks pvp.

See the secret world

Also that's more work than just opening the world and flagging pvp on / off on some servers.