Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Starlight Story Enters Closed Beta

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aeria Games has announced that the latest title to be added to its growing stable of MMOs, Starlight Story, has officially entered its closed beta phase of development. The browser-based title charges players with saving a dying planet.

Starlight Story also offers a wealth of content for fans of both PvE and PvP. Players will have to work together to conquer a wide variety of dungeons and challenging world bosses. PvP contenders will similarly group up for intense team arena matches competing for prizes and bragging rights. In-game events will run during closed beta to promote these features of the game, offering rewards to the top players for each class and those with the highest battle rankings.

Find out more about Starlight Story.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Game looks pretty, er, frilly around the edges.  Still I figured I'd take a look at it.  Tried to sign in to my account which I haven't used in probably a year or so.  "Sorry, this account has been blocked due to violating Terms of Service".  Aeria is known for this type of crap, and frankly I'm not interested enough to bother sorting out whatever BS issue they've created.  So I'm all set with Aeria, and I'd also warn you guys against dealing with them.  You WILL run into problems at some point.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    It is Aeria games, that is all you need to know to avoid like the plague.  There is no in game support and if you have a problem, tough.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm so confused as to why they keep releasing these cheap korean games. I understand they are a korean game publisher for the US or international or whatever but why these ones. They know they don't do well at all, they add a pay to win cash shop then get money out of the four or five people who are willing to pay thousands and shut it down. Why not pay to release a good game that will last a long period of time and get more people to spend money on it.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I'm so confused as to why they keep releasing these cheap korean games. I understand they are a korean game publisher for the US or international or whatever but why these ones. They know they don't do well at all, they add a pay to win cash shop then get money out of the four or five people who are willing to pay thousands and shut it down. Why not pay to release a good game that will last a long period of time and get more people to spend money on it.

Aeria is a third party publisher. This means that they publish games, but dont develop them. This generally means that the developer is publishing them in one region already, and that they then publish the other regions.

So what games (that are not being published in the US) should they be publishing (in the US)?

Originally posted by Superman0X

Aeria is a third party publisher. This means that they publish games, but dont develop them. This generally means that the developer is publishing them in one region already, and that they then publish the other regions.

So what games (that are not being published in the US) should they be publishing (in the US)?

I'm just saying they need to stop publishing the really low budget titles. They need to invest in a bigger budget game to actually make people come over to their titles. Without a pay to win cash shop system.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I'm just saying they need to stop publishing the really low budget titles. They need to invest in a bigger budget game to actually make people come over to their titles. Without a pay to win cash shop system.

Haha you really don't get it. Again, what games that are not being published in the US should they be publishing in the US?

Originally posted by evilastro

Haha you really don't get it. Again, what games that are not being published in the US should they be publishing in the US?

I'm honestly not sure. How about cute anime characters with wings, fighting giant rabbits, with an enchanting system that favors cash shops that allows all of your gear to glow with obnoxious bloom effects like the entire world in the game already has? That sure hasn't been published 9999 times here before.