Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect World Games Are Trash

darkblightdarkblight Member UncommonPosts: 55

do not expect much different from this.

Perfect world games are all horrible. Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new.

From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms.

People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released.

my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta)

and juge it from there.

i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned.

Comments

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Technically this is a Cryptic game not a PWE game, PWE is a publisher but the design and everything is Cryptic design without influence from PWE with the exception of the cash shop most likely.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Torchlight 2 is rather good.
  • FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    I will not taint my memory of Neverwinter with this cryptic trash. How these numbskulls got the IP in the first place is beyond me. What Larry Mo and Curly did to STO was just...
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by darkblight

my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta) and juge it from there.

Sound advice, I agree.

i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned.

Happiness and entertainment are personal preferences.

Example: I've paid 60€ + 5 months of SWTOR subs and honestly, game was sub-par, but I've enjoyed it a lot, but quit since I couldn't stand Bioware incompetence anymore.

Later, I've paid 60€ for GW2 and didn't play nearly as much as SWTOR.

I admit, GW2 is much better game and Anet is way better MMO developer but their game didn't hook me. You see my point?

• darkblightdarkblight Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by DeniZg

my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta) and juge it from there.

Sound advice, I agree.

Happiness and entertainment are personal preferences.

Example: I've paid 60€ + 5 months of SWTOR subs and honestly, game was sub-par, but I've enjoyed it a lot, but quit since I couldn't stand Bioware incompetence anymore.

Later, I've paid 60€ for GW2 and didn't play nearly as much as SWTOR.

I admit, GW2 is much better game and Anet is way better MMO developer but their game didn't hook me. You see my point?

i agree i did almost the same thing ( spent more time in swtor than in gw2) and also agree GW2 is a better game ( i think swtor could of been one of the best games ever) but thats another post. 

i just see alot of people regreting that purchase. 

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i've never played a PW game.  i hold my judgement until i try something. 
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

I agree with OP some. PW and FW were grindy horrid cash shop money grabs but the Torchlight franchise has been absolutely great.

As for Neverwinter I have my hopes up but not at those Founder Pack prices. If that is any inclination to the game the cash shop will probably ruin it.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

I thank you for your opinion and happily pass it on to those that dont know Cryptic is making the game and Perfect World is distributing it.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    pretty much agree.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I would not call them trash but I would classify them as online gambling since the lootdrops are lockboxes that you have to buy a key for to see what is inside.  Ever see the auction house in STO?  It is filled with lootboxes selling at crazy low prices because people dont want to pay a dollar to open them and find out they got a tribble!

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

At least PW games have some challenge to them.  Grind yes, but if you have a goal to overcome in the game, you gotta go out there and get the resources to make yourself viable.

I'm done with mmorpg's that just shoot gear up my butt that doesn't mean crap when %100 of the player base gets the same thing just from doing easy mode content.

What's the point?

Also any game that insta-heals me after not being in battle for 5 seconds. 

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I paid €50 for Dishonored. It was a good game and lasted me 3 days. I had a second playthrough that lasted 5 days. Now it sits on my shelf gathering dust. Isn't this what most of us do with games?

Why should a no-sub MMO be any different? So I pay €60 for Neverwinter and have fun for, who knows, 1 month? 2 or 3 months? Doesn't matter, I got my money's worth.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Fishmitts
    I will not taint my memory of Neverwinter with this cryptic trash. How these numbskulls got the IP in the first place is beyond me. What Larry Mo and Curly did to STO was just...

It isn't nor was it ever supposed to be a sequel to Bioware's or Obsidian's Neverwinter Nights games.. it is not called Neverwinter Nights Online. It is just set in Neverwinter and is tied more closely to R.A Salavtore's Neverwinter novels than to any other story told in Neverwinter. Those novels have nothing to do with the old Neverwinter Nights games either. Neverwinter 'Nights' was an IP.. Neverwinter is a totally new IP. D&D is obviously the overall IP.. but it's an IP split into sub-IPs, or something silly like that.

Still might be trash though.. just saying comparing it to the Nights series is the wrong way to look at it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Perfect world games are all horrible. (Your perception/opinion) Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new. (Your perception/opinion)

From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms. (Your perception/opinion)

People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released. (Your perception/opinion)

my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta)

and juge it from there. (Your opinion/advice)

i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned. (Your advice/opinion)

Thank you for your perceptions/opinions/advice, but I see no facts here.  Your statements imply they are factual.  I would presume that you have had a past negative experience with Perfect World Entertainment.  Using dispariging remarks provides no arguementative value to the point(s) you are trying to express.

I have not personally enjoyed PWE games in the past, but I have had fun in past Cryptic titles.  I personally agree with your advice to wait for this game's f2p launch to experience it for myself.  I will then form my opinion once I have experienced the title.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Hey people are paying 200.00 already and you can see the proof in their titles on the offical forums, what the OP is saying and what I have been saying for the longest time is. We have been there done that and got burned. We are trying to help those that have no clue about this company or the one financing it. All in all  , you have been warned, don't come here later looking for sympathy or a place to get people to rally to your cause. You wrote that off as soon as you spent a dime on the game.

It's your choice and hey, we might actually be wrong, (Doubtful but might!) and if so, your purchase might last the time you play or beyond, STO is still going and even thou I have a lifetime I still feel gilted from buying into it. CO, won't even go there, never got a dime worth out of that lifetime deal, so now? Meh, lived and learned. Time to move on.

As far as proof, meh who needs proof when no one has actually played the game beyond a 20min intro that only media types have got their hands on? No arugment here you can buy a peice of paper promising you a game you will love, but for me and others , we are saying , you have been warned ,wait for beta or release before spending a dime and learn from those that made the mistakes of the past.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    Technically this is a Cryptic game not a PWE game, PWE is a publisher but the design and everything is Cryptic design without influence from PWE with the exception of the cash shop most likely.

Cryptic isn't any better...

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Perfect world games are all horrible. Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new.

From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms.

People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released.

and juge it from there.

People with corny names like Darkblight are thrash!  See wut I did there.  Love how all of a sudden your opinions become facts.  NOT!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Like it or not, some of us actually look forward to this game.  After finding out you could purchase multiple founders pack I have now purchased 1 of each LOL, U MAD.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

and juge it from there.

I'll admit to having no interest in dropping $200 on this, but you can't say it's the standard wow quest with nothing new when a system like the Foundry is in place. It gives possibility for players to create deep branching story archs themselves. The only limiting factor this game is really going to have is the imagination and creativity of its player base. 

From what I've seen of the foundry it's a very nice start and still has room to grow. If they build on that then it's going to do well. 

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

do not expect much different from this. Perfect world games are all horrible. Sub standard grind fests with standard wow quests offering nothing new.From looking at the alpha footage the game looks dated already and offers nothing even familiar to the open experience of playing Forgotten Realms. People are starved for anything MMO right now, after the major failings of basically everything released. my advice, do not put any money into this, wait for it to be "free to play" for real ( where you are not paying for Beta)and juge it from there. i cannot see anyone putting 199 or 59.99 into this now and being happy 4-5 months from now, you have been warned.
    guess its a good thing this is a cryptic game lol
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

and juge it from there.

I am skipping this one too. I found the videos to look crappy.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

Paying to try a game in BETA phase that is made to be F2P. Just how lame is that. 

Do not be fooled and hyped with this videos cause in 4 days you ll have a BETA key givaway here on MMORPG and many other sites. If you are unlucky to get it then wait for ppl who were more lucky then you and see the coments but dont BUY BETA of a F2P game !!!!

Look like this, you pay $50 for BETA then on 8th february you start zerging cause you cant log on server, lot of lag, cant kill a mob...... and at the end of weekend you dont like it that much, then in 2 months game go live and it is free to play......... seriously!!!

$50 is not lot of money for most of players but it is better spend on booz and girls/boys or even some other game.

Also keep in mind TERA is going F2P on 5th february that is before BETA weekend of NW and TERA is a quality game that can keep you for a while if not hook you to the bone and it is FREE like NW will be in 2 months.

P.S. I already got NW BETA key for free, so do not be hasty with your wallet :D

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Just wait for open beta, they have said there will be open beta.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

best part is, it is free to play. You only have to download the game and start playing. If you want to spend money, it's for cosmetics and fluff.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Talonsin

I would not call them trash but I would classify them as online gambling since the lootdrops are lockboxes that you have to buy a key for to see what is inside.  Ever see the auction house in STO?  It is filled with lootboxes selling at crazy low prices because people dont want to pay a dollar to open them and find out they got a tribble!

It also has a bunch of lockbox keys for sale too.   Ones that you can buy with in game money

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Arcona
    Just wait for open beta, they have said there will be open beta.

Isn't Open Beta essentially release for a free game :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

This discussion has been closed.