Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: In Anticipation of Beta

2»

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Even though I have no intentions of buying this game and wouldnt play it unless its free, I really really REALLY hope it does well and that the rebirth is GOOD.

Then I can point to this game every time I hear someone tell people to stop complaining about games in beta because its TOO LATE, or that the changes being asked for WONT come. Its time companies start to listen to beta testers again about game design flaws, and missing content like they used to...time to end the cycle of bad MMO releases, time for companies to get back in touch with the playerbase.

Here is to wishing for a good rebirth!

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

Still curious about this. Did not play 1.0.  I get the whole quest-hub thing and fine with it.  But what ELSE will we be able to do?  Can we fish? Can we craft *useable* weapons/gear?

Quest hubs only get boring when thats the only thing (system) in the game that progresses you.  We need options.

There's a lot of content planned.  Best thing to do is look at the PDFs on the Lodestone, even though some of it won't make it right at launch.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html - the content PDFs are listed here

Crafting was never useless.  In fact, some of the best gear you could wear was crafted gear with multiple materia melded to it. Said gear outshined even most of the Job Specfic gear.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    i need summoner info so bad :( , i want screens ingame about carby!!!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Give this one another year and I think they may have something worthwhile.