Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speculation on end game content

They're calling this an mmo, can't be an mmo if you can't pvp and raid in my opinion.  I think it would be pretty awesome to see these features added, maybe not at launch but at some point in time after. However, I don't want it to be a grind fest to get viable loot to raid or pvp so my idea is that they make the same gear viable for both parts of the game but the rewards different. Like costumes, heroes, etc...

Playing games like wow, I would never want to pvp cuz I'd have to start from scratch and get killed in every arena because I was so undergeared for pvp. I'd like it so you can start to pvp or raid and not be penalized for it, and I don't want veteran pvpers to complain, they will still win if they play like veterans. You remember when people didn't want to take you in the raid group cuz all you had was pvp gear?

This would benefit both parties equally. You will still get different rewards but having to grind for 2 sets of gear to play both aspects of the game is a waste of time you won't get back. Make only one grind for gear and you could choose to do it through pvp, pve, or a mix even, this would make things better for players.

Imagine capture the flag with superheroes or 4 vs. 4 arenas! This game has a lot of potential, I just hope that thieir end game is solid in order to keep the players interested. I won't be playing till they release the MAC client so it sucks for me but at least I'll have a good idea of the end game content by then. 

Any thoughts on what you think they'll do for endgame or what you would like to see?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

The simplest fix is not to call it a MMO.

Just make a good fun game. There is no reason just to force content into it just becaue of a classification.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

The simplest fix is not to call it a MMO.

Just make a good fun game. There is no reason just to force content into it just becaue of a classification.

I disagree, I think adding the MMO elements would make it a more fun game for me.

• EleonelEleonel Member Posts: 15

I agree also with you ref. To call it an mmo like THEY are, not us. Is to make it one, what else would you do at end game without raiding or pvp? Play all over again?

Yeah I enjoyed playing MUA for what it was but if they are planning to do just that than change the name to MUA3 and release it on the PS3 and Xbox also. No content is being forced, It's content to be expected from an MMO.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

It's not an MMO, No where near.

World of Warcraft's arena is based on rating so if you do arena with a Noob rating to will player other people with the same rating. Maybe you should try it sometime?

Like I said, I haven't tried it just because I'm too busy grinding my ass off just for raiding gear. This isn't even about arena rating in wow so I don't know what you meant by your comment. What I'm saying is that they shouldn't make end game a grindfest espacially if pvp gear and raiding gear will be different.

I'm sorry but I have things to do and so do other people, my wow sub ends in 24 days and I'm quitting just because they expect so much work from you to stay on top of the food chain. Sorry, but there's a point in time where that just isn't enjoyable anymore.

And fyi, I'm not saying it's an MMO yet. MARVEL is, and if they call it that then I expect mmoish features. Am I wrong to assume this? Just because it plays different, doesn't mean it's not an mmo. Can you play with others online? Yes. Will there be a lot of people playing online? Yes. So mmo it is. Your definition may be different than mine but any game by basic definition that lets you group up with players online is an mmo. Especially when there's thousands of players online which gives it the extra M for massive.

Originally posted by Eleonel

I agree also with you ref. To call it an mmo like THEY are, not us. Is to make it one, what else would you do at end game without raiding or pvp? Play all over again?

Yeah I enjoyed playing MUA for what it was but if they are planning to do just that than change the name to MUA3 and release it on the PS3 and Xbox also. No content is being forced, It's content to be expected from an MMO.

Yes. Play it all over again, with different classes (in this case heroes), and higher difficulties.

Isn't that quite common in ARPGs? People play the story line/dungeons more than once in MUA, Xmen Legends, Diablo 1,2,3, and so on.

And fyi, I'm not saying it's an MMO yet. MARVEL is, and if they call it that then I expect mmoish features. Am I wrong to assume this? Just because it plays different, doesn't mean it's not an mmo. Can you play with others online? Yes. Will there be a lot of people playing online? Yes. So mmo it is. Your definition may be different than mine but any game by basic definition that lets you group up with players online is an mmo. Especially when there's thousands of players online which gives it the extra M for massive.

Diablo 3 allows you to do that.

Ditto for TL2.

and a long list of other games with no persistent zones.

Personally i don't care what they are called .. but some other here are very particular in their MMO definitions.

I never played Diablo so I'm out of the loop on that one, I heard someone say the 3rd had a bad end game though. Did it have pvp or end game bosses? But  anyway, I would definitley enjoy playing the story more than once as I did with MUA and as long as they keep adding heroes to the roster even more so.

But to think the only feature is questing and they are calling it an mmo is kind of 1 dimensional. David never referred to Diablo as an mmo but I think he wanted to head in that direction which is one of the reasons he left the Diablo franchise. He said the Diablo 3 that got green lit was not the one he would have made. It turned out to be their worst installment. He must be working on something for this Marvel game that seperates it from your average aarpg. I think it'll be a hybrid.

Think about it, would they be dumb enough to call this an mmo and release Diablo 2 with just more characters? I don't think so, they would be asking to get flamed. I really could care less what game style this is, I'm a fan of Marvel and will play it either way. I'm just crossing my fingers for some raiding and pvp :) that's not being too greedy. I'm not asking for wow pet battles here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TdAwQXxD0 

In that video he admits the levels will be large and explorable and that it combines the gameplay from an arpg and the multiplayer functions of an mmo.

Tell me it wasn't cool when Deadpool walked into the chamber where Eddie was consumed by the symbiote and turned into Venom, then you see him web sling out. That was so awesome! haha little things like that will make gameplay even more enjoyable.

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Gonna play the shit out of this one if they do it right. Currently using PoE to sate my ARPG needs (diablo 3 insulted all that is holy), but this game looks awesome so far. Dear fahad don't let them MMO it up.
  • theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

From another thread I posted about this exact topic:

"A great question is what the end game will be. Well from the vids I've seen and articles I've read about the game it is basically:

Start game. Level up your hero(s) via the 'X' number of levels/environments/missions in the game. When you finally have a hero at max level, you will play essentially the same levels/missions/etc.. to get new/better/or "best in slot" items for that character while also potentially looting new characters/costumes while you do that. Perhaps they might even have some form of raiding where the goal is to beat huge bosses for more loot.

Then PvP might be added in the future to add something else for you to do instead of pve for new loot.

Lets be realistic here. They will NOT have some sort of completely new end game type that the genre has never seen before. So don't be building your expectations for the game into something it's not going to be. If you think you can enjoy the game for what it is, like i explained above, then buy it. If not, don't."

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I'm not gonna sweat if this game is or is not a mmo. It seems like it will be a great week or distraction

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by apocoluster
    I'm not gonna sweat if this game is or is not a mmo. It seems like it will be a great week or distraction

Exactly. They also got a comic book writer to write the story. My take is that i will just play it as MUA online, with content added regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TdAwQXxD0 

In that video he admits the levels will be large and explorable and that it combines the gameplay from an arpg and the multiplayer functions of an mmo.

Tell me it wasn't cool when Deadpool walked into the chamber where Eddie was consumed by the symbiote and turned into Venom, then you see him web sling out. That was so awesome! haha little things like that will make gameplay even more enjoyable.

I will be happy if it is a MUA done well with lots of heroes. That kind of scripted events are actually more a ARPG thing, then a MMO thing. But i do like that sequence. I reminds me of MUA very much.

True, I see what most of you mean. I just get so carried away with how excited I am to see a Marvel game where you can play a large pool of heroes and also allows teaming up with other players online.  

If it plays like MUA I will be satisfied as well, I don't think I would have ever stopped playing if they kept adding heores to the roster and new areas to explore. That'll be fun enough for me. I hope it's good, sadly I won't be able to play until the Mac client is released. 

I will be getting the Ultimate Pack if the game has potential and is fun, mostly to help the devs and to get the permanent lvling/loot drop buff :P Costumes is added bonus and all the in game cash will save me money in the long run.