Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

287K active daily players so far in Path of Exile

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

It's a good start:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/87905

peak concurrent players so far topping out around 70K

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

wow, cant wait to see where they go with this.  I wish there was more stuff in the store I was interested in.  Only thing I really need is the stash upgrades

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    You need glowy weapons, trust me.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    This game is the bestest!!!!! POE FTW! GGG FTW! RAWR!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    I'm liking it so far. Its a worthy successor to D2.  The only problem I'm seeing is the random disconnections, from the server being overloaded.  I'm hoping they will correct that as soon as they can.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    I can't stop playing it, for some reason... It's just... Right.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Yeah the disconnects were really frustrating. Happened to me alot yesterday for the first time. In a very bad time when i needed a far WP 3 zones over in act 3 with all the snakes. my witcher does not like snakes.... WTB more resist.

I saw announcements about server upgrades and what not. I believe with all my heart they will work this out. The game has got to have brought in some good money already. Spending money in a non pay to win game is truly the best. There is no regret when somethign si just pretty. Not eating some stupid xp item. Kinda rambled on but yeah..love this game...drool

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

wow, cant wait to see where they go with this.  I wish there was more stuff in the store I was interested in.  Only thing I really need is the stash upgrades

That's all I bought too. The prices for the rest of the stuff are a bit high for me and I am waiting on some package deals in the future. 

Disconnect issues should be ironed out as they add more server hardware. I think I read that CB generated over 2 million USD.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    GGG have totally cracked the market. Tons of players, a quality game, an extremely generous payment model... and players are asking for MORE ways to spend money on the game. It's like the total opposite of everything we've seen before. Geniuses.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

The game isn't _that_ good.

But it meets the demand and the F2P model is awesome.

• Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61

Its a very nice game and for sure the CS is not P2W at all.. If they keep going this direction I see it doing very well.

Never played D3 but I'm liking it better than TL2.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Vannor
    GGG have totally cracked the market. Tons of players, a quality game, an extremely generous payment model... and players are asking for MORE ways to spend money on the game. It's like the total opposite of everything we've seen before. Geniuses.

Yep, they are certainly going in the right direction.  I've got something like 16 re-name tabs in the "Stash".  I don't have much interest in the vanity items otherwise I would spend more.    

A game made by gamers ........ what a concept.

• xsidurax22xsidurax22 Member Posts: 21

I don get it. The combat is unsatisfying -- lacking that cathartic, visceral feel that D2 and even -shudder -D3 has.  When you hit something it just doesn't feel good.  Even the combat in the more cartoony Torchlight 2 is more satisfying.

Sure, it's F2P, so they'll get lots of users for a while.  But if the combat doesn't feel good, there really is no point to a game of this genre.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by xsidurax22

I don get it. The combat is unsatisfying -- lacking that cathartic, visceral feel that D2 and even -shudder -D3 has.  When you hit something it just doesn't feel good.  Even the combat in the more cartoony Torchlight 2 is more satisfying.

Sure, it's F2P, so they'll get lots of users for a while.  But if the combat doesn't feel good, there really is no point to a game of this genre.

All I can suggest is that is probably an early game impression. I wouldn't expect people to feel like this once they are at merciless difficulty. I can press 1 button and cause a screen full of death on my level 70 templar. If it isn't doing it for you at that point though.. that's just your preference.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

It's odd, I was happy to spend a lot of money on D3 collector, but I can't be arsed to buy stash for PoE.

Guess the charm lies in being free.

Good thing is that PoE is constantly getting developed and updated so there's new stuff to be seen. Unlike D3 with it's 4 month shitty update cycle.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

It's odd, I was happy to spend a lot of money on D3 collector, but I can't be arsed to buy stash for PoE.

Guess the charm lies in being free.

Good thing is that PoE is constantly getting developed and updated so there's new stuff to be seen. Unlike D3 with it's 4 month shitty update cycle.

I think every one of us happily shelled out $60 or more for D3 because we thought it would continue in the same vein as D2. The fact that PoE is actually a worthy D2 clone is why we are feeling so charmed at the moment!

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I stopped playing because of the server wipe that was announced.  Now that OB is on :D I'm in!
  • atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Yeah I gave them money and didnt actually buy anything. None of the current customisations appealed to me but I felt guilty having so much fun and not paying so threw money at them just to assuage my own guilt.

• AllizarAllizar Member Posts: 54

Not really my genre, but I tried it anyway and was pretty amazed. I love the regenerating pots that are customizable/upgradable and cure status effects, huge open skill tree and using town/ID scrolls/ transumting orbs as currency is genious.

If I had to bring up a complaint, I would probably point out the obscenly simplistic quests I've seen. So I go pick up these 3 clearly marked items on the map and take them to this other clearly marked wall to progress? What is the point of even implementing something that simplistic?

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by atuerstar

Yeah I gave them money and didnt actually buy anything. None of the current customisations appealed to me but I felt guilty having so much fun and not paying so threw money at them just to assuage my own guilt.

this too, I actually want to give them money, its really a unique situation, I am having a blast, and want to support the company.

I have bought the 20 6 slot-package so far, I didnt even know we could get more then that, so maybe Ill buy another 6 slots.  I definitely would pay for alternate sex options, I just really want a male witch (warlock)

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Allizar

Not really my genre, but I tried it anyway and was pretty amazed. I love the regenerating pots that are customizable/upgradable and cure status effects, huge open skill tree and using town/ID scrolls/ transumting orbs as currency is genious.

My thought as well.  Like I said before, the game is rough around the edges mainly in the animations and some of the armor designs but it's a small dev team on a smaller budget than D3 had.   In my opinion, the only thing D3 has over this game is their smoother animations.  But then again, if Blizzard actually used normal or displacment mapping for D3 in all of its environments then their animations would probably be cut by some frames as well.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor