Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

simple fix to open up the lands of Tamriel to all players.

jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
Just add a PvP switch to allow those people who want to PvP in open world. And they can play the way they enjoy. And the other population of players who just want to pve, they can choose to do so without being harassed.

This isn't rocket science.

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    +1 it available in other games and it works fine. Suspec you ma get some excuses shortly why this is a bad idea (in reality it's because some people like to harass other pve players.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Exactly. It would work perfectly for everyone except the gankers. They will be the only naysayers.
  • MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by jacktors
    Exactly. It would work perfectly for everyone except the gankers. They will be the only naysayers.

Hey!!   I'm a ganker but I approve this,  I support OP 100%

Afterall, ganking doesn't give anything besides some "fun" for my evil alter ego. I can live without that and go for PvP in the specific pvp zone. Besides, I can go gank in another game if I want to.

What is most important here is that one should be able to explore the entire Tamriel with your main character. And for example take your friends across the land to check out that dungeon on the other side of the world for example. Being forced to roll an alternative character on the opposing factions just to be able to see the world is just wrong.

So, remove the possibility to be able to gank lowerlevels but give us acces to the world and the other dungeons.

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Just add a PvP switch to allow those people who want to PvP in open world. And they can play the way they enjoy. And the other population of players who just want to pve, they can choose to do so without being harassed. This isn't rocket science.

They did exactly that in DAoC as well. Had a straight PvP server where all the content was unlocked for all players and a straight PVE server that did the same thing. So who knows? They might just do that.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Seems like a good idea to me op. Can't belive they haven't thought about it already..............>Acctually I can! Dev's are idiots! Send them a freaking email already! ;)
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Just add a PvP switch to allow those people who want to PvP in open world. And they can play the way they enjoy. And the other population of players who just want to pve, they can choose to do so without being harassed. This isn't rocket science.

what does pvp have to do with it? 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Here's why they don't won't to do it.

If they force you to reroll to see all of the realm, you'll be forced to pay them money for a longer period of time.

Simple really.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Or if you go into a different area other than your own you suffer a huge debuff and can be looted.. I like that better. It would make going into other lands nerve racking.
  • CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Yukmarc

They did exactly that in DAoC as well. Had a straight PvP server where all the content was unlocked for all players and a straight PVE server that did the same thing. So who knows? They might just do that.

I played daoc since beta and to be honest I dont think you could "unflag" yourself in Mordred.

But... I dont really remember that well...

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    How about no.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Originally posted by jimdandy26
    How about no.

Great post, keep those ideas rollin in..

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

People find anything and everthing to complain about. Maybe I want to enjoy rerolling a character and not have to fun through the same starting areas over and over again. People complained about there being only one path in RIFT non stop. 

Face it. No matter what Zenimax does with TESO people will be bitching

Originally posted by Waldoe

People find anything and everthing to complain about. Maybe I want to enjoy rerolling a character and not have to fun through the same starting areas over and over again. People complained about there being only one path in RIFT non stop. 

Of course, its called nerd rage. And its been a constant. when zork was rubbing two sticks to make a fire, zook was over his shoulder bitching he was, "doing it wrong". Hence the term : "Flame wars". Google it.

Originally posted by Fishmitts

Of course, its called nerd rage. And its been a constant. when zork was rubbing two sticks to make a fire, zook was over his shoulder bitching he was, "doing it wrong". Hence the term : "Flame wars". Google it.

Zork wouldn't be rubbing two stick together because he had the Battery Powered Brass Lantern or the Frotz spell which would provide light......

How about no.

You mean like the awesome ideas of the op? Whether this particular choice is good or bad has yet to be determined, and the sheer amount of bitching over it is absurd.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    honestly, at this point I'd be all for it. I'd rather have that then 3 distinct lands where I have to roll 3 distinct characters.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Zork wouldn't be rubbing two stick together because he had the Battery Powered Brass Lantern or the Frotz spell which would provide light......

That is correct except it was not light Zork was after, it was heat. And neither the lantern nor the spell could provide that.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i like the factions so i would say no myself but i played DAOC for years and loved the lore and realm pride that came from fighting for your realm. People will bitch and moan about this not being DAOC 2 which is fine , everyone has their own opinion but ill stick to realm pride and factions as they make fighting in pvp feel more like a realm and not just a circle jerk gank fest of flipping zones.
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    honestly, at this point I'd be all for it. I'd rather have that then 3 distinct lands where I have to roll 3 distinct characters.

I'm HOPING for 3 distinct lands where you can only choose 1 land per server to avoid those people that want to logoff during PvP and join the winning side during a battle. You pick one realm per server and should not be able to switch!

How about no.

You mean like the awesome ideas of the op? Whether this particular choice is good or bad has yet to be determined, and the sheer amount of bitching over it is absurd.

First time on these forums?? Welcome:)

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

I'm HOPING for 3 distinct lands where you can only choose 1 land per server to avoid those people that want to logoff during PvP and join the winning side during a battle. You pick one realm per server and should not be able to switch!

i feel the exact same way as you but I think that the mega server tech is just one big server . If thats the case and not any realms on it I think they will have a huge issue with cross realmers like WAR had.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

I think this would be a great solution.  In addition I would like to see two different flag systems; a Faction wPvP flag and a FFA wPvP flag.

It's almost funny to see DAoC fans fighting for features in a ESO game.  The developers made it plain and clear that this game was meant for them more than TES fans.  I think they are in a rude awaking when the slient majority becomes vocal.

How about no.

Naw, but I vainly hope that if I keep pissing into the ocean of piss someone will wake up and realize what it is they are swimming in.

Originally posted by cronius77

i feel the exact same way as you but I think that the mega server tech is just one big server . If thats the case and not any realms on it I think they will have a huge issue with cross realmers like WAR had.

Damnit! I forgot about the megaserver. In that case, I have no idea what they are going to do. The OP has the right idea, they should open more servers to satisfy everybody. PvP, PvE and Normal servers.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    How about no.

Naw, but I vainly hope that if I keep pissing into the ocean of piss someone will wake up and realize what it is they are swimming in.

Looks like to me that you are willingly swimming in an ocean of piss.  No one forces you to join these conversations, it may be better for you to find a topic that you agree with than keep swimming with us.