Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony feels that F2P is the only way to go with MMO's

1235»

Comments

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

With that said...I think pay to play MMOs will probably become a niche and free to plays will become the norm. Even path of exiles, a truly free game...has made a lot of money from their VANITY cash shop.

Sounds like the quality of future games will be crap if this cheesy f2p gameplay concept gets introduced in most games.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Narius..

You did not play everquest before WoW. Dont forget i've read your post history.. u started playing mmorpgs in 2006.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Phelcher
    Narius..

You did not play everquest before WoW. Dont forget i've read your post history.. u started playing mmorpgs in 2006.

Is this true, Mr. Seldon? Has everything been a lie? Hmmmmmmmmm.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Narius..

LOL .. you trust somone telling you something about another person anonymous on the internet?

I started playing MMO with Kingdom of Drakkar, a $2 per HOUR game. Then UO beta (horribly game). Then EQ for 1 year and so on.

But you don't have to believe anything. It is just chit-chat on the internet.

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

EQNext will be subscription base only... and demand a high premium ($20/month)

SMed talk about item/cash shops, etc..  was where he thought social gaming was going..   EQnext wasn't included in that sentiment.

I bet it will go F2P within a year, if it indeed starts with a sub.

He's making that up Narius just to get a response.  EQN won't be sub-locked.

And he got one! Good for him. However, i did put an "ignore" on him .. since he is mostly a troll flinging personal insults.

Narius..

LOL .. you trust somone telling you something about another person anonymous on the internet?

I started playing MMO with Kingdom of Drakkar, a $2 per HOUR game. Then UO beta (horribly game). Then EQ for 1 year and so on.

I wasn't "believing" anything, hence the question marks.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Narius..

Sure. And you got my answer. You can choose to believe, or not.

Sure. And you got my answer. You can choose to believe, or not.

A quick check of your early post history does confirm that you say you played EQ for at least a year.

The funny thing I found, though, is this quote regarding EQ: "I wonder if my char is still around. I am mightily tempted, like you, to go back in and see if I can take my char for a spin through the world."

Interesting to note, that at one point, you seemed to enjoy the virtual world aspect of MMORPGs. You always maintain how much you did not enjoy these types of things in your games and how we`d all be better off somehow without them. Fascinating.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Karahandras
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Says the man/company that ran every P2P MMO they ever produced into the ground, by neglect, ineptitude, and mismanagement. Even the ones that "accidentally" started out well.

"Yeah.. it must be the business model..."

Dumbass.

Plenty of people pay for WoW, Eve, and other games.

SOE has just not put out any game worth paying for in the last 5-6 years.

People are tired of paying for "mediocre" games and for the next "clone with a twist."

That does not mean there is anything wrong with the sub model, just the offerings.

That is the problem. Lack of quality, not one business model vs another.

Thread should have ended right here

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by winter
    ...SOE...Perhaps their motto should be Games by Idiots for idiots... Can't do math? Good we want you as a customer. Sony.

I love it! ROFL

...i use to have a "home" in EQ, and then WOW. I found that very limiting and too much focus on one game...

Would you rather read ten pages out of thirty books, or read one book in its entirety?

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by Arclan

Would you rather read ten pages out of thirty books, or read one book in its entirety?

Good think it's not an either/or choice.  I do both.  A new book I'll finish in about a day or two.  Old books I read bits and peices of them. 

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.